/dat/ Stream Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
Dickscord Server: discord.gg/013IDtABv9b2ChJO

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

How much should I be spending on a Na or nb mx5?

how many km is too much and what sort of stuff should I be looking for in it?

Sorry guys. Realised I used the wrong OP pic, should be this

Oi cunts, I want to know if having 19x7 fronts and 19x9.5 rears will have any negative effects to handling?
tyres are 255/35/19 and 225/35/19. Cheers.

Yes. You will have too much understeer. Get a square fitment.

5-10k with less than 150k km usually. Depends what you want to do with it is what you should be paying.

$3k to $5k. High mileage is an inevitability on something like a Miata which sells itself as a "driver's car". Knowing how to wrench is crucial with late 90s/early 00s Jap crap, but also look for sales that come with as consistent maintenance records as possible.

>what sort of stuff should I be looking for in it
Crusty white stuff and brown smears on the seats. A hard night of Jinba Ittai can leave a man feeling pretty loose.

>up to $10k for a NA or NB
Unless this thing is immaculate that's not happening. Could get myself a sick Autech S15 for $11k.

10k would be for a turbo one or a track spec street car. Why would you spend 11k on roaring NA ?

It'll ruin whatever cornering ability you did have and replace it with catastrophic and diabolical understeer.

You will forever be known as ruler boy because you will only ever be able to drive in straight lines.

>buying a Roaring Naa S15

>not wanting that roaring Naa sound
Faggy wog cunt detected.

>1998 honda accord V6L
>208 thousand
>needs new CV joint
>otherwise good condition
>$1900 but he said he could come down

Should I?
Would be my first car as a P plater.

No. It will need more than a CV joint. Buy an excel ffs. Everyones first car should be an excel no matter what. You can get them for $500 with rego

kek i actually already have an excel

why an excel

Keep it then, Save up for a decent car.

Because complete cars are cheaper than most parts. Never die even if they have no oil in them for 6 months. It's a no fucks given shitbox and thats why you should have one as a first car so you learn how to fix/repair things/work on a car because if you need a new part its $200 for a new complete car.

I'd legit be tempted by a manual Varietta.

my neighbour across the street actually has an excel lmoa
also is it really a good idea to work on your daily drive?

Any of you cunts going to Downshift this Sunday?

It's fine if you are NEET otherwise it's not suggested. My excel was more reliable than my parents VE commo. Sold that bitch for a tank of fuel for my new mazda 3, I wish i kept it desu. You can't go wrong with an excel, Do anything to it and no one cares. Just leave it stock looking on the outside because po po always pull over ones with body kits and fugly rims. They are so good im going to buy 2 and give them to my kids as their first cars

So why do people bother going staggered fitment and why is it sought after?

My car tends to over steer when pushing it around a corner this could somewhat balance it out?
That sucks tho as I wanna be flicking the tail out as much as I can.

>So why do people bother going staggered fitment and why is it sought after
Aesthetics mostly.

>all those stickers covering the window
imagine sitting in the passenger seat and just seeing dozens of stickers in front of your face blocking your view
the absolute state of your friendship

>passenger seat
That's unnecessary weight, brah.

stick your head out the window.

Makes sense then, here's a picture of the rear which I'm happy with. Maybe I should try fit 9.5 on the front?
Also tyre size being not too far apart, 255 compared to 225. Will it actually make a noticeable difference, just don't want to buy another set of wheels only to realise it's barely different.

up the sexcel

Wider rears are also for drag-focused cars but that's dumb if it kills handling.

Also, tyres mean more than widdth, obvious wider tyres of the same brand and tread and etc will have more grip. But wider tyres won't be more grippy if they're worse.

Check online, i'm sure someone has tried fitting 9.5s on the front.

>tfw no turboed Proton

That looks sick except for the front bar.

>tfw no AWD 4G63T swapped Satria GTi or Jumbuck

sick mate sick

That one was some WRC model they had in mind. A rebadged Mirage worked on by Prodrive, but they dropped the project entirely for some reason. Some speculate Mitsu told them not to compete, while others suggest the Malaysian govt. would be pissed knowing their money was being spent on race cars and they pulled the plug to avoid having their funding cut.

$15k maybe a little less for my cousins 2006/07 WRX? I know that's how much his friend offered him but he said he would rather see it go to me or my bro, so maybe I can get it for less than that.

60k km and mostly garaged, dude is 40 so it didn't belong to some P-plater 20-something year old. He only really started driving it the past year or two because his family only has 2 cars now

Should I go for it

is this your first car?

WRX or STi? And if you can guarantee it's clean and at that mileage it wouldn't be too bad a price.

>60k km and mostly garaged, dude is 40 so it didn't belong to some P-plater 20-something year old
Cars like the WRX bring out the 20-year old P-plater dickhead in all of us.

On carsales I'm seeing NAs go for around at least 7k, and NBs for around $7k-15

do they really get that much for them.

When buying what's the best was to ask for a better price. like what do you guys says to em?

Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na, Yea Na,

repeat for 40 minutes until they drop the price to what you want.

Basically mums car is mine since she doesn't really drive anymore.

I have never bought a car for myself though.

Just regular wrx. I won't be tracking or hooning. it will be my daily driver that I am going to learn to drive manual on.

at what price would it definitely be a steel?

Check out Scumtree too. That's pretty fucking absurd considering you can probably find a manual RX-8 for about that much.

>like what do you guys says to em
>Give me half off and I'll give you a handie in the car park

Also to add he has been the only owner of it

>at what price would it definitely be a steel?
I reckon it's quite reasonable given its mileage and that you know the previous owner well enough. If it were an STi it'd be an absolute bargain.

Also I'd recommend practical manual with a mate a few times first. Just enough for you to be comfortable. You'll get proficient quick enough in the WRX once you've got that foundation.

Buy an excel until you learn how to take care of a real car desu.

trust us, you're going to end up thrashing it, its just too hard for a man to resist

also, this, an excel for $500 isn't a bad investment to learn manual on so you don't end up raping the wrx

*recommend practicing

why can i find so much more cars on gumtree than on carsales!!!

What do you cunts think? Yeah or Nah? Currently driving a 96 Land Cruiser 4wd with more than 500k on it, a clutch with a kick like a mule, and Man-Power steering.

If you can get it for 15k that's a goddamn bargain.

Normally WRX's suffer from the rice tax so damn badly. A WRX STi is minimum 11k, with fucking 220k+ kms.

You might as well get it, you'll never get a car at that kind of price normally, let alone one with enough kick to keep you happy

essentially the worst BMW ever made

Glad i asked then. Never really had much experience with town cars. The Old Landy is starting to be more trouble than it's worth. Doesn't help that it seems like it was deisgned to be as obnoxious as possible to fix.

They are home my dudes
17x8.5 front 10 rear

buy a newer Cruiser if you can, or fix yours

Nah, compacts are shit and ugly.

five fucking thousand australian rupees for that utter piece of shit? If you're going to buy an E46 please do not get that POS. Look for a 325i if you care about fuel economy but ideal get a 330i for maximum powa. I didn't know german cars were that expensive in the south pole. I can pick up a 328i for less than 2500 CAD.

Keep in mind that $5k AUD is only around $2700 USD at the moment.

How much do paint jobs cost?

if I wanted to change the colour (it's Black) would it be worthwhile or waste of time, money and effort

our dollar is also quite shit so 5k AUD is 4950 CAD. Fuck this gay ass economy.

Milk costs us $5 for 2L. A dinner meal we consider cheap is $15-18, not including drinks or sides.

Everything in straya is expensive, despite the AUD being decent at times in exchange rates. It's to keep us wageslaves in debt.

More than you can afford, pal.

A decent doors shut would probably be at least $5k, if not more

A couple of grand for a good job.
It's a waste of money 2bh. OEM black looks nice anyway. Buy yourself a car cover if you're annoyed about dust and shit. I also keep glass wipes in my dash cupboard.

>everything nice is overpriced
sounds exactly like prison

also I can get a bag of milk for less than 4$
pic fucking related

I remember the before times, in the long, long ago.
The AUD was on .9 USD for ages.

The worst fucking part was that the increasing dollar value didn't change the pricing in straya at all. The only thing that was different was ordering internationally.

same here. I run a business and buying from the states is 25% more expensive now. My customers bitch when I increase my prices to try and keep up. Its real shitty out here

>2%
my nigga

>tfw it's $4.25 where I am

>Milk costs us $5 for 2L
Stop buying expensive milk then. Coles brand is$2 for 2L

On special maybe.

Nah. Daily price. I even checked online

Where do you live? That ain't the case in perth

Ok I've decided to sell my wheels and get 9.5 all round instead. It will be a tight fit in the front but that way I will have square fitment and it will still look nice and fat on the rear

Hey guys, I noticed the rec cars link is broken so:

What car has the best coolness-to-value ratio?
(By coolness I mean looks)

Excel

Any of you m8s shelled out for/ have a reversing camera for your car?

What if your a 6'4 giant, would an Excel be too small?

Commodore then.

Cut a hole in the roof.

VZ Commodore, bogan-spec. HSV wheels, Chevy badge.

downloading an arcade emulator so i can play initial d arcade stage

Because you're looking for el cheapo P plater hoon cars
You have to pay for your ad if you're selling more than 3k on carsales

>not square fitment
Poofta

Tried staggered on my vx, it was shithouse

i just want something old and rwd from the 80s
ie. r31

S12, cunt. Or get an AE86.

don't talk about cars

What year should I be looking at?

i was actually thinking of an s12 or maybe an old corolla/pintara

Fuck ya m8. Just mad cos my commie makes more power than your "skyline"

Also my powerband probably starts at your idle

>VZ Commodore

I used to drive a VS, commodores are cop bate as fuck, mine wasn't even tricked out at all and I would get pulled over fairly often.

Excels are shithouse and commos literally have common in their name. The mr2 looks cool and is fairly cheap, same with any silvia, maybe rx8 or mx5 too
Your redline is probably his first gear shift friendo

And? My powerband starts where most cars redline. Doesn't actually mean anything.

I mean that my car has a usable powerband unlike his.

>not shifting at redline

>My powerband starts where most cars redline
H00nda boy pls go.

Thoughts?

Fuck no, get a Corolla if you want a reliable econobox.

How much harm could come from running a car for 30,000ish km with sort of low oil pressure? Less than half, my valve train taps, my timing chain has a weak tensioner

Just fill the oil m8. Get some cheapo coles oil

look so ugly with the top up tho
long life by the box babby

This better?

>Astra

>chinkshit
>reliable

>$14k for a FWD econobox over the 100k km mark

Sexcel, m8. $500 bucks and it'll go forever. Or look at Corollas, Camrys and Civics from the late 90s and early 00s.

Seems pricey, but alright otherwise.

I'd get a manual though, personally.

>Toyota
>chinese

Pick one.