I want to buy a scanner with real time sensor monitoring. What's the best bang/buck scanner out there?

I want to buy a scanner with real time sensor monitoring. What's the best bang/buck scanner out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16249699/#q16249699
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A bluetooth one and the Torque app

Something that connects to your phone.

Bafx Bluetooth adapter and torque pro

Torque is mediocre at best.

Was bummed to find out I couldn't monitor wheel speed and look into my ABS problem. Then I found out I couldn't look into my air bag light.

Innovas are pretty good. Idk why Veeky Forums shills so hard for the Bluetooth ones. They're complete shit, I've bought 2 different ones from amazon and they were just shit...

Those are highly specific things. No cheap reader will read air bag codes. We're you trying to read a specific wheel speed?

which Innova model specifically?

what do you recommend?

>I've bought 2 different ones from amazon and they were just shit...

You bought chinese counterfeit ones. Remember that amazon is a marketplace and that many products are fulfilled by OTHER companies simply using the amazon system. On amazon, some OBD2 sellers may even say they are selling version 2.5 but it is actually a version 1. Or their version 2.2 is actually a version 2.0 because that is how chinese product resellers are.

I forgot where I put mine, but it's pretty rad. It will track multiple readings over time and make charts and graphs, and it can edit the code history, and it even has a magic button you can press when you're at a loss and it will tell you what's probably wrong based on a database of what's usually wrong.

I forget where I put it or else I'd get you the model. It's yellow. Cost like $200 but it wound up being worth it.

Just as your local associate at AutoZone, scanerchan ( ^////^ )

The one in ops pic is actually a decent scan tool for the price. It'll give you live data pids on the engine side of things but thats it. No trans, abs, or body codes though.

It shows waveforms and has the ability to record data as you drive.

Not bad for less than $80 from HF.

Dunno about your car, but on my Boxster the airbags are on a completely separate system

if its a toyota get one of those mini vci cables

That's car dependent, not reader dependent.

This.
You're an idiot.

Doesn't change the fact the Bluetooth readers don't read wheel speed sensors.

Torque has OBD standard PID codes programmed at least.
If there are manufacturer PID's then you can add those to it yourself. Quick google search sorts that. If your car does not have that additional sensor or if its controlled by a propriety ECU then you need the manufacturers reader to communicate with it.

The leap in price and availability is not worth it, might as well just get yourself a megasquirt and set it up yourself i its only for one car.

Depends what you're looking for. I got a simple 1100. But they gave me intricate ones too just look at different ones and get one you like.
Shit i guess. Both times i got the ones with the best reviews.

Ultraguage $93 shipped

See this thread for some examples about Torque and OBD2 bluetooth devices and what they can display on those android tablets.

*continued*
OOPS, helps if I provide URL to the archived thread.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16249699/#q16249699

Maybe if you buy a $5 reader