Got a 90 ford lifted ranger sitting on 33's mud tires and it by all means sucks big donkey dick in the winter...

got a 90 ford lifted ranger sitting on 33's mud tires and it by all means sucks big donkey dick in the winter. like i stay stuck and tires just stay spinning. will snow tires with smaller tread help me out ? all seasonal ? or will it just do the same ? i feel like selling the piece of shit. its a 4x4 and it still sucks ass when i turn it on. i dont know much about tires and cars so i thought i would ask you guys who know your shit about trucks and cars. pretty much looks like pic related but with a grey primer. dont bash me please, i need some help.

Are you sure the 4x4 is actually working? Mud tires are hard even in the summer, in winter their flinstone tier. Try running them as low as low pressure as safely possible but they'll still probably suck.

Just buy a set of cheap steelies and some meaty winter tires and plow through anything.

>4x4 is actually working?
i honestly cant tell the difference. hasnt snowed yet but once it does im pretty much gonna have to leave it sitting there until i get better tires.

Your doing something wrong

I had a 4x2 Ranger and I it went through 40cm of snow on AT's just fine

Maybe 4x4 isnt engaging like said?

I might have to have a mechanic take a look at it then. Sucks, mechanics can be rip off sometimes.

>i honestly cant tell the difference.

Then it definitely isn't engaging. It's a pretty massive difference going from 2wd to 4hi in a truck. Even with summer slicks on a skating rink you're going to move slowly but surely in 4x4.

You want narrow tires in the snow.

ugh. this is stressing me out. im gonna have to take it to a shop then.

also i want to add i just went out and pushed the 4x4 button and it lit up with a little noise. could it possibly be messed up ?

Put it in 4x4 and make some slow relatively tight turns if the 4x4 is engaging the tires will chuff.

if its in 4wd you should be able to park on a hill in neutral just by cutting your wheels to one side

Are you locking the hubs? Mine's fine in the snow.

i have them on free right now

so i looked it up and said online they be locked in order for th 4x4 to work. im hoping thats what was wrong. i still need to add some weight in the back.

You can't be this fucking stupid

How do you even manage to breathe on your own? I'd wager you have three, maybe four functioning brain cells bouncing about in your skull

Please learn how to operate your fucking vehicle. Read your owners manual.

fuck you the trucks old theres no manual i dont know shit about cars or trucks as i explained in the original post.

i barley learned how to do a oil change. sorry i dont know much about trucks and 4x4's. assholes.

I'm not one of the assholes above, but I guess I'm wondering why you didn't at least do a google search or watch a youtube video on how 4x4 works.

I had all-seasons on my 4x2 Ranger and and was the guy creeping through the intersection at .5 mph while soccer mom 4x4s with all seasons honked at me to get out of the way.

Since I put real snow tires on it now I'm honking at the helpless all-season AWDs.

I'll keep my 4x2 with snows over a 4x4 with muds.

i did but i wanted to ask u guys as well but ok thanks.

Veeky Forums is not a source to use for any good credible information

Buy a repair manual and some tools you numale cuck

>guys my truck sucks in snow with mud tires
>should I buy snow tires? What do I do?
You buy snow tires for snow you fucking idiot.
>my 4x4 doesn't work
>my hubs are free
Please take the bus you degenerate. Give back that truck you got for free because we know you didn't buy it.

>I don't know about cars
>I barely figured out the oil change
It's fucking 2016 dude.

No one is this stupid.

dubs of truth have spoken. seriously get to fucking studying op.