When did Cultural Marxism first emerge and how did it gain predominance in western society?

When did Cultural Marxism first emerge and how did it gain predominance in western society?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Buchanan
marxists.org/archive/marx/works/download/pdf/origin_family.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never because it's just an internet meme created by proto-/pol/sters. You cuck..

Define cultural marxism

How is cultural Marxism different from liberalism. They seem like the same fuckin thing.

Gramsci and Said are responsible for the intellectual trends you're ascribing to cultural Marxism.
Praise Adorno.

fuckin /pol/ cucks shitting this board up

Because the New Left and neoliberalism stem from cultural Marxism

In the 1990's when the term was coined by American Paleoconservatives

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Buchanan

Where does marx talk about this "cultural marxism" you talk about

His last book, about family and private property.

>cultural
>marxism
what did /pol/ mean by this?

Cultural marxism is basically the old idea of class struggle and private property reevaluated by modern marxists (György Lukács, Gramsci, frankfurt school, etc..) who agree that the old ideal of revolution and communist economy simply doesn't work, but still believe in "muh opressors" and "muh opressed" bullshit, as if culture was only the product of material relationships and there's only two classes of human beings.

this

Do you have a citation of any intellectual seriously using "cultural marxism"

I don't know, this is irrelevant and I won't search for citations only to answer your question.
I guess the term is new and was not coined inside the academic community, exactly by the fact these "intellectuals" are central part of cultural marxism and the term has a pejorative conotation. They call themselves "progressivists" or "new left".

The term was coined by idiots who hopped onto the communist fear but diverted it to something marx had never discussed

Cultural marxism is just a scare because it's not an actual ideology, and even if it were it has absolutely no link to marx

>i wont search for citations
how convenient

Cultural Marxism is a made up boogieman to describe "ideologies I don't like".

Wrong, that's bourgeois.

>diverted it to something marx had never discussed

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/download/pdf/origin_family.pdf

Here, Marx/Engels discuss about how family was the first "usurpation" and that women are literally slaves and they are first form of private property and social opression.

Stop pretending you simple-minded (in a good sense) christian parents are always wrong, communism's central point was never about economy, it was always about culture.

That's the other one.

an example used to highlight a larger point means you can create a completely separate ideology?

what "cultural marxism" is, is liberalism, not marxism

>internet meme created by proto-/pol/sters
It's literally a real life meme created by a dude gunning down liberals.

It didn't
Liberalism isn't Marxism

Culturally, marxism is entirely about personal freedom to do what one chooses, its only authoritarian because for the people to be free of oppression, the people must oppress their oppressors.

Liberalism is absolutely not Cultural Marxism, it's neo fascism to the letter.

>liberalism is neo-fascism
[insert mussolini quotes on liberalism here]