/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

>What's happening?
Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie and run by the original Nost team. We're currently waiting on server release.

>When is the release?
December 17th, (18:00 GMT+1/12PM EST) for the OLD server. 3-4 weeks after the NEW server will be released which we will be playing on.

>OLD NOST PvP and PvE(Name: Nostalrius PvP/Nostalrius PvP)
These will have all your old level 60 chars for nostalgia's sake. Will be released on Dec 17

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11885076
strawpoll.me/11589399/r
youtube.com/watch?v=4wjGLiLAa_g&list=PLDui4HyGodX0GafQDOic0eB46YWQSXvqC&index=5
pastebin.com/bJhgdydD
discord.gg/WPF7uMP
discord.gg/tZZ6Qg
elysium-project.org/
db.vanillagaming.org
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no Lore-friendly Night Elf Female only Sentinel Faction

really missed an opportunity there

i am going to save this general once and for all

>street sign captcha says "legacy"

Nostalrius had babbymode funserver progression thanks to bugs like infinite alcors and infinite rage.
Kronos is a funserver.
Feenix was pay to win server.

If you don't clear on fresh Nostlysium you have achieved nothing.

Make your own one with that pic quick f.am

Hay guy
Alec here

My level 50 warrior is Kredd, I raided big time

this

Yeah dude clearing MC and Ony is some tough shit. Nobody could have done without being ragecapped as a tank and with buying a BoE dagger.

Which spec do priest heal with in raids?
Disc or Holy

... Are you fucking retarded

Disc is 120% useless in Vanilla, never used.

shadow

Shadow

Sorry friend I'm new here.

holy
nonsense, my guild's priests all decided to go disc since bwl/mc is easy and everyone could power infuse healers

BACK IN THE DAY
A
C
K

I
N

T
H
E

D
A
Y

>my guild's priests all decided to go disc

What the fuck am I reading

Holy.
Disc is for pvp and farm raids (speeding it up)

its fine for farm content

strawpoll.me/11885076

So, I've been seeing a lot about these servers on GD over on the Blizzard forums. Figured I'd give it a try since I never played vanilla and started just after Sunwell was released in BC.

Right now, I main a Holy Paladin. I've heard that Paladins are like a completely different class in vanilla. Should I roll a Paladin or maybe check out a different class? I used to MT as a warrior from Wrath until Legion released and I fell in love with the Holy playstyle. I've gathered that warriors are THE tank for vanilla.

Also, regarding professions...what would be the best options for a balance between profit and PvP.

alex is ourguy were all fakes here

strawpoll.me/11589399/r

>Was finally certain I'd go Alliance
>Friend says he's gonna go UD lock
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2 more days

The only autists who are going fresh start are faggots who only heard about Nost during or after the shut down, most people who browse wowservers and watch degenerates like Alansexual who just spams that shitty strawpoll all day every day on stream.

Facts:

Nostalrius is coming out way sooner and has access to more to do, immediately.

Nostalrius still operates on brand name, people will recognize that first and foremost and not give a shit what "Elysium" is on the server list.

Fresh start server will be unplayable for days after release due to thousands of people trying to compete to level, pushing a bunch of people back to their characters they had already began to level on Nost PvP.

Fresh start shitters will realize that they don't have to wait 8 months of BWL/MC farm when they can just do everything that matters immediately on Nost PvP.

Fresh start server is considering having retarded shit like PvP sets not be updated until Naxx, removing any and all incentive for every class to PvP past rank 11, this will push away many PvPers.

My ultimate goal is to fuck around on old Nost some with some new characters I want to start on fresh, and then officially start again when fresh launches.

>Falling for the alliance meme.

Your friend sounds like a bro, send me his deets. He clearly need a non cucked friend.

Is troll priest with tailor\ench a good idea?

t. NOPE cuck

instead of listing reasons why fresh is bad, lets list reasons why people want to roll on fresh.

They don't like the idea of playing catch up

They don't like the idea of doing BGs with fully ranked pvp tryhards

They think level 60s will be bored of raid logging and just gank the shit out of them.

They are worried they wont be able to join a guild

They are worried other people wont be leveling with them so group quests will be harder.

They are worried the economy is fucked.

This. Mfw NOPEfags think they're good for quickly clearing bugged content

and not even server first LOL

>The only autists who are going fresh start are faggots who only heard about Nost during or after the shut down

If they're newfags that never played private servers why shouldn't they go through all the patches just to experience it. I doubt serious players who've done the whole mc/ony farming already will go there.

Nobody that doesn't have a 60 already is rolling on the old server. Even most people that already have 60s are rolling on fresh because they've cleared all content and AQ won't be out for half a year at least.

At which point they can just raidlog on old Nost and main fresh.

uh, no. not for your first character at least. change ench to skinning, drop skinning at 60 and pick up herb. then when you stockpile enough gold take ench. tailor+ench is a massive gold dump (can't use your own clothes or greens for money). otherwise it's fine. if you want to melt people in pvp as shadow you'll want to be ud though.

Lol, nervous huh?

It doesn't help that Old Nost guilds like Grizzly or whatever are announcing their intentions to gank non stop upon re-release.

Nobody wants to have to deal with a raid of gankers. I say this as someone who played on PvP servers since Day One of WoW.

AQ patch is coming out in February, opening the gate will take however long. Not half a year at least.

Everyone left K1 because it was already dead in the water with 0 people on it because Nost existed.

The two servers aren't even remotely comparable. It's be like comparing this to Rebirth or Scriptcraft or something. Not only that, but announcement of K2 existing came out almost immediately after Nost shut down, with the actual server coming up less than 20 days after. No one wanted to play on a server that was already dead. Nost PvP is going to be beyond active and populated. The release of a fresh start server a whole month later isn't going to reduce the population to a dwindling 1k when over 60k accounts have been signed up in the last 3 days.

So you're saying the 100 people that frequent the now almost entirely dead Veeky Forums thread are actually the 1000s of people who watch Alansensual and say they are going fresh? Okay m8.

No single server has ever been this populated or had this much of a backing. When Nost first came up, it had about 5k active people playing and the starting zones were LITERALLY unplayable for the first two weeks. I'm talking people were farming food boxes in SW and Org for copper and running all over the world for EXP because everything else was so flooded you couldn't do shit. Fresh will be EASILY twice as bad as that, not to mention it will be riddled with stability issues if the stress tests are any indication.

You get the same leveling experience on both. The only difference is that you will be getting ganked by autists who are gunning it for 14 well more than you would by randoms on the old PvP server.

It isn't a rumor at all. If you were actually educated and kept track of the shit revolving the servers you'd see that Nano made a post about it in the Elysium discord and for the last like 45 minutes people have been fucking arguing about it.

oh, is grizzly coming back to any of the realms? that would be a game changer there

Paladins suffers from low damage output overall so the class is slow to level. The only real viable role is healing/buffbot. PvP it's one of the best healers because you have alot of survival. Healers is always in high demand so getting into groups/raids should be easy.

If it's any consolation, actual good pvpers like the NOPE team don't gank lowbies.

>implying the AQ event will ever finish on a 400 pop raidlog server

For PvP Engineering is THE profession, usually it's pared with mining because you are self-sufficient for most of the mats that Engineering needs.

>you will be getting ganked by autists who are gunning it for 14
No one will rank on the fresh server, the devs confirmed that the PvP gear won't be getting Naxx stats until, well, Naxx. So it's useless compared to PvE gear.

you faggots constantly camped kargath

Why would people gun for r14 on new nost?
PvP gear will be blizzlike so won't be good until Naxx. Not like Nost PvP where the weapons were buffed for BWL and sets buffed for ZG.

Kargath is where horde 60s fly to go mc/ony. They'll gank 60s and unfortunate levelers near where the 60s gather but you won't find them in low areas looking for lowbies

>You get the same leveling experience on both. The only difference is that you will be getting ganked by autists who are gunning it for 14 well more than you would by randoms on the old PvP server.

old nost will have more gankers

I understand that paladins have low DPS simply because they only have one attacking ability and some seals but are they really that slow? I feel like you could easily take on two-three mobs with bubbles and heals mixed in.

I might stick with paladin though I am tempted to roll a warrior and set MT in a raiding guild as goal. Our MT back in BC tanked every raid from MC until he left shortly before Wrath dropped and he got every melee legendary. It also helps that T2 looks fucking amazing for paladins and warriors.

Is there much profit to be had from Engineering? I like rolling alts once I have a character set up fine and like to bank-roll them to ease levelling.

>PvP professions
Engineering
>jew professions
Alchemy, Enchanting (requires big time/money investment to get rolling), Mining, Herbalism.

I'd go Engi/Mining desu.

mc/bwl

>he wasn't an ally player during the reign of Osirus and his happy pals

>>Is there much profit to be had from Engineering?
No, because the things that would normally make you money are bugged or outright don't work on Nost.

>Enchanting
>making you gold
>ever

Sure. If your guild feeds you a recipe nobody else on the server has. Good luck with that.

>Enchanting
Stop trying to trick people, you won't make any money from enchanting unless you're the designated guild enchanter and your guild got lucky with one of the first Spellpower/Healing enchants on your faction. Enchanting is a money sink.

zug zug mother fucker

Fuck. That makes my decision even harder. I guess I could just find a decent gold farm. I remember people in my guild talking about how Twilight Texts were good money.

why is this allowed

they're called alliancecucks are for a reason

Horde is easy modo for levelling. World records for 1-60 aren't done on Alliance for a reason.

What items are bugged? GMC Cap isn't bugged, reflectors are good, grenades seems alitte off.

it's so nice to have an fp near the center of stv. the city also has walls and the fp goes straight to the quest hub. there's also zeps to take you to the major cities.

The first guy who reached 60 on Nostalrius was a Gnome Warlock. Cucked that fucker Whitekidney hard.

If you want to go to ZG island as alliance you have to fly to westfall, ride to deadmines exit up the cliff, jump off the cliff into the sea, swim all the way to zg island.

lel

Good. Night Elves are objectively trash in every measurable factor.

MC cap has a wrong failure rate and sometimes doesn't work even if it doesn't fail, reflectors are susceptible to lag, but I was talking about things that you can actually make money off such as for example target dummies dropping fused wiring when they die (which they don't on Nost, which has been reported years ago and no one did anything about it ever).

DPS Warrior is in low demand and raid tanking is usually already an assigned role in most guild. You might get lucky and OT.

Death ray does about a tenth of the damage it should.

Did they fix shaman totems?

I wanna _______ Valkyri!

What the fuck is with the OP?

FACT: gnomes are the most powerful race

>tfw fucking gf and she says "its yuge!"

Who /femalenightelfqt/ here?

Kill yourself

If you want to travel from Darnassus to Theramore, you have to first travel to Darkshore harbor, take a boat to Menethil and then switch boats back to Theramore.
As Horde if you want to travel from UC to the other end of the continent you just walk outside your city, take the Zeppelin to Grom'Gol and you're there.

Kys.

/femaleundeadqt/

I made Valkyri suck me off in return for loot.
Your pure waifu is used goods Earwen.

Good taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=4wjGLiLAa_g&list=PLDui4HyGodX0GafQDOic0eB46YWQSXvqC&index=5

Wow!

Look.
At.
That..

How can you support Trump and like Chinese anime at the same time?

HEY THIS IS ALEX
MY VANILLA CHARACTER IS LEVEL 50
WARRIOR
NAMED KREDD :)

Orc or UD warlock?

Hahaha Earwen is a pathetic faggot so it fits.

>no links in the OP
>have to provide my own

pastebin.com/bJhgdydD

You're welcome.

hahahaah

Oh my god, I thought it was gone forever
Bless you lad
Ganking Alex was such a good time

Holy fuck, he actually did try to cast entangling roots, he just never stopped while doing it
God he's bad

>Unity

Reminder that Alex is a confirmed scammer and has possibly committed other very serious acts of fraud.

>What's happening?
Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie and run by the original Nost team. We're currently waiting on server release.

>When is the release?
December 17th, (18:00 GMT+1/12PM EST) for the OLD server. 3-4 weeks after the NEW server will be released which we will be playing on.

>OLD NOST PvP and PvE(Name: Nostalrius PvP/Nostalrius PvP)
These will have all your old level 60 chars for nostalgia's sake. Will be released on Dec 17. (No one will roll here)

>NEW NOST PvP (Name: Elysium PvP)
Brand new server, will be released 3-4 weeks after old nost. (We will be rolling here.)

>What faction are we rolling?

Horde discord: discord.gg/WPF7uMP

Alliance discord: discord.gg/tZZ6Qg

----------------------------------------

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

Previous thread: tags: wpsg vag wowg world of warcraft

Alex is not only a scammer, he's just a fucking fraud trying to make money.

He lives with his parents and has no job and says he goes to college. Yeah, okay.

trannies ruined not only this general, but many other generals
prove me wrong

GRRR IM ANGRY ABOUT WARCRAFT

Americans are cringiest nation ever. I swear dude. There is a guy in my guild, he's like 26, he's a virgin and proud of it, and he also supports Trump. I guess he doesn't understand that if Trump actually would meet him he would laugh at him

i'm having a stroke at this very moment

i am dead fucking serious

i would go to the phone to call for help but i'm having a stroke and can't move my legs

this will be the last thing i ever type in my life

goodbye /nosg/

If there were no men there would be no beta orbiters and no attention whores to feed off of their autism.