What is stopping Ford from slashing the price in half, and building a few thousand of these?

What is stopping Ford from slashing the price in half, and building a few thousand of these?

they're not pieces of shit like the corvette that you shell out

they take time to produce

Ford's shareholders. They are probably already losing money on each one the sale.

They have to play for:
>Carbon Fiber
>New DCT
>Unique twinturbo V6 strained well beyond it's original warranty point
>Canadian labor instead of Mexicans

It advertises ecoboost for the feature. Ford is switching to smaller engines as a way to go forward and they want as many accolades as they can. If they wanted to stay with displacement, they wouldn't have slapped the ecoboost 2.3 on the mustang, a car that along with the camaro and the challenger are considered the "manly cars with big V8s"

>"Look! You don't need more than 6 cylinders and turbo to be fast! It's faster than a ferrari, hell it even won Le Mans against it! So when you shop for that new pickup truck/sedan/hatchback/suv or whatever, make sure to get an ecoboost for the best performance and quality in the market!"

Ford is trying to take it to the next level. Soon enough chrysler and GM will follow. Chrysler is starting to slap "sensible V6s" with AWD and GM is slowly getting out electric cars.

>Born too late to see the automotive industry get better by the years
>Born too early to see it make the complete transition to new technologies
>Born just in time for the akward era of trying new things and still not deciding what to do

Is that the same ecoboost they put in their F-150s?

Lamborghini can put out several thousand cars per year, why can't Ford of all people do it? Even Ferrari and McLaren get over a thousand sales per year.

250 cars total is ridiculous, should be at least 1000.

No but it is a proven endurance racing engine. Might have started out as the same block but I'd guess that's it.

what part of boomerbait dont you understand?

>No but it is a proven endurance racing engine.
Eh not really. The it will last with a team of Ford engineers, but it isn't like privateers are flocking to it.

Me, i prevent them from doing this. AMA.

Because they are piles of shit and don't want average people breaking them and complaining about it.
Rich people won't complain. They will just pay to have it fixed
Also I'm sure they will run out of mazda engines soon.

No, as in they used the engine out of a previous car that had done well in endurance racing. Obviously a bit detuned for street use.

No, it's an uptuned Ecoboost V6 from the F-150, not a detuned race engine. That's where most of the price comes from: creating a specific tune level, using completely unique parts, beyond the originally intended power level of that combination (600+ hp instead of ~400hp), and still putting a warranty on the damn thing. All the development work that comes with that makes for a lot of costs.

It's literally the same engine, dumbass.

>beyond the intended power level
according to who? you?

the costs come from the carbon fiber not the engine, dummy

I think we're both saying the same thing in different ways. Yes it is based on the 3.5TT V6 from the f150, but obviously it has custom internals, a tune, etc. All of that was originally developed for a different car to run endurance racing with, and since it was a perfectly good engine Ford put it in the GT.

250 cars a year for the next four years.

A little off topic, but man... I wish I had one of these. Maybe in like 20 years once im rich and it's used ill even buy one

I don't like the idea of a V6TT but the hydraulic suspension and design is so fucking cool I don't even care.

Kek..the inside is from the parts bin

They turned the GT into an advertisement campaign. In addition to trippling the price.

Twice as many warranty repair work because it's going to be an unreliable turd and they don't want anyone to drive it.

still more reliable than the corvette

Tell me from which other lower Ford car these buttons are.

gm btfo

You really forced that one

stay btfo