Who was the greatest pope of all time?

Who was the greatest pope of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Celestine_V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

john paul II

Urban II

Giulius II "the battlepope" della Rovere of course.

he's #1, alexander vi is right behind him despite the memes

Urban II

this mad nigga right here

Cesare

Y'all niggas mad

>pope

JPII bb

hes next in line after Alexander VI if only he didnt die

A pope is a prophet of Satan

>pope
>great
Pick one.

heretics pls

Only the current one.

Pope Benedict Emeritus

Leo X no doubt

Gregory the VII

And much kebab was removed.

Bane?

Pope Joan

Either Gregory the Great or John Paul the Great, although the latter may be my recency bias rearing its head. Both of them had the Holy Spirit with them, and both of them accomplished seemingly impossible deeds (bringing a continent under their sway, toppling an empire without a shot fired).

Celestine V hands down.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Celestine_V

I chuckled.

john paul was antipope

Carmen Pope

Check the board color

Wrong, he didn't want that. Alexander tried to set up it by making Cesare a cardinal, but Cesare wanted to be a solider, and got himself fired from the cardinalship by publicly announcing he was not of illegitimate birth (which back then disqualified you from being a cardinal).

Unironically Francis.

Hows highschool?

Not an argument.

It wasn't intended to be an argument, commie

Francis has been good for getting the boy-rape scandal off peoples' minds, but he really hasn't done too much yet to be considered "great." John Paul defeated the Soviet Union. Benedict is a great theologian, potentially a future Doctor of the Church. Francis has mostly been tinkering at the margins of Catholicism. Even Amortis Laude doesn't do anything radical.

If he lives to 2025 and heals the Great Schism, though, then yes, he'll be a great pope. I suspect he won't live that long, however.

>If he lives to 2025 and heals the Great Schism, though
How is giving ambiguous liberal statements the church later retracts supposed to heal the schism?

>John Paul defeated the Soviet Union
He didn't though. Gorbachev's reforms combined with the growing urge for independence in the satellites, an economy struggling due to centralization and overemphasis on military spending, and the failed coup did.

>John Paul defeated the Soviet Union.
Catholics are delusional as fuck.

Polska silna kurwa

Simon Peter

Peter was a Protestant

The one who kissed the Koran?

Calvinist, or Lutheran?

Both

which of the 33 000 denominations?

>Not saying Leo the Great even if he managed to stop Attila from annihilating Rome

Also John Paul I was cool but killed because muh mafia Vatican shekels

The one who never sat on that chair.

this

>Christian acting in a Christian manner is horrible

El moddu

Pope Francis or Alexander VI.

DELET THIS

>John Paul defeated the Soviet Union.
Lol what? The Soviet did more to defeat itself than anything else. The best you can give John Paul credit for is basically helping Poland end their communist regime.

>he doesn't know about the Third Council of Nicaea in 2025

Which tipped the dominos and caused the entire USSR to unravel. Come on, even Gorbachev acknowledges John Paul's role.

There are 21 denominations

If I had to guess, Pius V

Godfather III sucked

I doubt Erdogan would approve a Christian ecumenical council being held in his country

Gregory the Great is one of my favourites

It's happening whether he likes it or not.

Sylvester II

The one we've never heard of

The Berber ones forgot their names.
t. Berber

>I suspect he won't live that long, however.
We can only hope.

>war criminal
>liar
>best pope ever

>i mean i used to be a catholic talking shit about those heretical apostate protestants but ever since the pope is Marxist cuck I'm thinking about abandoning the church heh might even convert to paganism