/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 16th:
1431 – Hundred Years' War: Henry VI of England is crowned King of France at Notre Dame in Paris.
1653 – English Interregnum: The Protectorate: Oliver Cromwell becomes Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland.
1838 – Great Trek: Battle of Blood River: Voortrekkers led by Andries Pretorius and Sarel Cilliers defeat Zulu impis, led by Dambuza (Nzobo) and Ndlela kaSompisi in what is today KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

>News
CK2 Facts about Artifacts, Real talk about Relics
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-34-facts-about-artifacts-real-talk-about-relics.988111/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

White

White

based

also does anyone know if goy4 multiplayer works with 1 pirated and 1 goyim copy

21:21:40
21:22:31

he was slower then usual

FUCK YOU

>respectfully agree +1

The true hero of /gsg/

>doing a for odin cheevo run
>started as western norse with colony/settler increase ideas
>doing cosy mass expansion
>check out situation in Europe
Odin save us all.

W&B

Hey man why'd you go back to using the old OP pic? I liked the new one

he

You want to know why?
this is why. r&i can't stand one bit of sense being talked to him.

This person is the MOST ABSOLUTELY INFURIATING FUCKER I HAVE ENCOUNTERED ON THIS WEBSITE

THANKS SO MUCH :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^))))))))))))))))

>chevoos

CAN /GSG/ DO A HOY4 GAME

What's your großest nation ever that you formed?

grossliquorgermaniums

has no style, he has no grace. this cool guy has a monkey face. he can handstand when he wants to, and stretch his arms out to. inflate himself like a balloon, this kong love this tune!

>howd i go from memory anons its been awhile

I just did it goys

>roman
>doesn't control Rome or Byzantium

Then it's pretty much the same situation.
Unless the country is an isolated war-torn inland one everybody else got equalized and are roughly on the same level.
This made the game quite unbalaced with Asia being overpowered and pulling normally impossible stunts and fighting toe to toe with europeans.

I can see how institutions can fuck up the balance. They always spread like wildfire on the coast but bog down inland. And Asia has a fuckton of coastline.

everytime i see eu3 games it becomes clear that atleast eu4 has less bordergore

The national anthem of Qing

Asia is always problematic

what about it

ded

What is it?

32nd for hoi4 being the best paradox game

'von Habsburg'

>respectfully agrees in 4 years

'de Bourbon'

'Atreides'

is there something wrong with me if map simulators are the only game I find fun?

>what is this meme /gsg/ is doing?

'Hohenzollern'

'Kebeb'

'Grandi'

Well, looks like I'll have to incoporate Livonia if I want to reform the religion. Zunists are doing well on their own so far.

>can get someone's wife to become your lover but can't make her do shit like kill them or weaken their realm in some other way
PARAJEWWWS

ummm that's kinda misogynistic and we don't need that in our games

kay thx bye

>playing as a papist nation

ISHYGGDT

Jewhan I will personally poison your Somalian bull lover if you keep fucking up CK2

Rate
Owning Rome is giving me lots of penalties for being a Catholic, should I become a based Huguenot?

Once I unlock client states I'll probably release a Spanish one to fix the borders

hmmmmmmmmm.....

That's some spicy megalerhomaions

Did i do it lads? Can i finally uninstall?

Down with the papists

MEIOU 2.0 when

What about the other achievements?

In two or tree months.
Source is Arumba talking about talking to the mayo and texas maker.

turks are the strongest and most based race

why are pre-1066 starts considered a meme?

>Believable worlds
The border gore that is the product of a 769 start is horrific.

Very little recorded history of that period, meaning Paradox pulled most of it out of their asshole, not to mention in 99 out of 100 cases the worlds turn into horrible bordergore.

They are just dumb

it doesn't help that norse is fucking cocaine

If I play as Krakow, will I get a War of Unification CB for Polish cores after I research Nationalism and Imperialism?

since PLC is an achieveable union tag, yes

Fucking Paradox.

How do you people stand playing these text heavy autistic boring ass games for long without wanting to gouge your eyes out? Do you at least play multiplayer or use voice chat?

autism

If I puppet NZ as Australia, do I get to annex them and get cores on Poo Peeland?

rampaging autism

I remember life before internet and mobile phones.

autism and a bit of muisic, sometimes i also listen to podcasts
Also, these games don't have that much text you fucking normie

I listen to molymeme and sargon in the background

What music?

I can only play gsg while listening to classical music, anything upbeat makes me lose focus and interest quickly.

Protectionism
State Capitalism
Secularized or Pluralism
Full Citizenship
Pro-Military or Jingoism

This is the best set of policies for a ruling party, prove me wrong.

I have an imagination

Yeah, classical music. Also stuff like Die Watch Am Rhein or Erika if im playing as Willy or the Nazis

You had me until
>Secularized or Pluralism
>Full Citizenship

Looking to get mare nostrum and italian ambition.
tips and how agressive do i have to be?
t. fairly new player

BREAKING NEWS

THE MEIOU & TAXES MODDERS FUCKING ADMIT THAT THEY REMOVED THE ATTACK NATIVES BUTTON "MOSTLY" DUE TO MORAL CONSIDERATIONS

And don't forget that the HIP modders would consider removing torture events for similar reasons.

Moralism and Residency trigger more negative events and offer no practical benefit. Full Citizenship is necessary for certain decisions and helps with assimilation.

>Arumba's tutorial is 55 videos in

Jesus Christ, that's just as intimidating as the actual game. The only people watching this are his regular audience, no new player wanting to get into EUIV is gonna watch this.

This. Roleplaying is fun

also Arumba just jumps into cheese mechanics without explaining them at all

>tfw you launch Barbarossa and Erika comes on

just play the goddamn game, arumba is a shitter and should be gassed

You mean
>protectionism
>lazy fairy
>moralism if playing as a catholic nation or an ebin and very small religion (Deseret comes to mind), atheism when playing anything else
>full citizenship
>jingoism

HoI4 is 33% off lads, do I do it

Wew are they this desperate

Oh god oh god. I mean I know how garbage everyone says it is but is it fun

No.

You really expect literal swedes to be anything other than pussies ?
We need a good war to teach them life.

every time

its fun until you realize you need to conquer australia,india south africa and any other shit country that joins the allies if you play as the axi

Are there good mods?

not really, the only "good mod" is world war 1 mod the other mods out there do not fix the garbage that is hoi4

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

If you want to play it, just pirate it. It's not like Paradox is an indie company doing their best to make a decent game with what they have. They're a big, now rich company and their game just slightly above indie tier. They fucked the AI, never patched it and made a DLC that fucks the AI even more, trade is incredibly simplistic, they're trying to gain a younger, more gullible audience by creating literal neon maps that doesn't fit the time frame at all, so on.

i havent really played Hoi4 after i pedo'd it on release but i cant imagine trench warfare being very fun

Christ the map really is ugly