Is it possible to buy a piece of land in bumfuck nowhere for no other reason than to plop a pre-fab garage on it?

Is it possible to buy a piece of land in bumfuck nowhere for no other reason than to plop a pre-fab garage on it?

I live in the city and I just want a place to go on the weekends to work on cars and small projects.

Yes.

I'm American, by the way. You can tell by the way that I forgot to point that out.

You can, but how far do you want to drive? Are you comfortable with it being "fine" while you are gone?
[spoiler]I'm pretty close to doing this, I'm getting a garage that is ~15 minutes away from my weekend stay.[/spoiler]
It kinda turns to shit when you realize if you are missing X you have to spend 15+ minutes into town +where ever your auto warehouse is then the drive back to it.
I guess working at a dealer the 2/3 minute drive to Napa/quest etc spoiled me, but the rural location with no internet access and no "fast" access to parts sucks.

It's a free country as long as you pay your taxes

yes it's pretty damn easy to do it too in the grand scheme of things, you nigger faggot

It's not unless it already has power and sewer on it.

You might want to look around more. I live in a rural area, there are probably empty plots, or old houses or even garages near parts stores.

We also have cable internet, whose speed can stream hd to 3 devices in my house.

You could do solar or a generator. As far as sewer, dig a hole.

Not when there's all sorts of stupid ass codes, ordinances, zoning, etc. My understanding is that some places won't allow a structure to be built until after a house has been.

That's up to code.

What the nigger does fast access to "parts" have to do with your bandwidth speed? I'm saying If I was missing pads for my mustang it took me 3 minutes to go pick them up where I worked.
>We also have cable internet, whose speed can stream hd to 3 devices in my house.
That's a shit metric I've got 200mbps in the hub of this rural town.

>Rural
>Code
Fuck off back to whole foods.

All can be negated by paying the proper fees, taxes, licenses, re zoning fees and inspections

Yea, I don't live in the middle of literal no where so they fly planes and shit to figure out if I'm up to code.

>What the nigger does fast access to "parts" have to do with your bandwidth speed?
Read the last sentence of his post dipshit

Building codes are still a thing in the sticks

That apparently in rural areas there are tons of places right next to parts stores?
If that's the case the city is dead and I can't get paid in it.

I wanna live in that

Building a house or larger structure, yes but loosely enforced unless you are financing. Generally you can throw an outhouse on a piece of property for quite along time assuming a neighor doesn't mind. Solar panel or generator will be fine. I do have a friend that built a two story house without inspections, but he did build it himself.

I'm about 1 hour outside a city. you could put up a pre built garage and an outhouse with zero issues on a plot that is about 10 mins from.

NOW EVERYONE can bring heome a Handa

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just find a storage unit?

What if you move? Who the fuck wants to buy your quarter acre of garage?

Storage units generally don't allow people to work on shit in the unit.

Don't lie. You want to erect a rape-shack

Lulz

Just go in with a group of friends and rent a warehouse. If you can get enough people to pay their share up front for the year you can get a decent deal. Plus it will already be built and cheaper than trying to buy and build.

OP you have to consider theft. Anything you leave unattended is a target.

Security cameras and alarm systems are cheap as fuck these days.

They can steal it, but OP can Liam Neeson Taken their ass in due time.