Is it autistic to put on my resume that I'm amongst the 0,01% fastest typists in the world...

Is it autistic to put on my resume that I'm amongst the 0,01% fastest typists in the world ? (150+ average wpm on any website)

Other urls found in this thread:

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, just list the wpm

serious answer: put it in

t. neet, i bet you think a resume must be 1 page long

any guides on how to improve typing speed? I never use my pinky fingers and rarely use ring which is a waste

best advice I can give you if you don't do it already is learn to blind type (you should never be looking at your keyboard)

after that learn to minimize hand movement by learning which finger is the most effective to type a word. For most common words you learn this subconsciously

The only reason I type so fast is because I've spent most of my life on a computer so it's probably not something to be proud off

How long did it take you to type this

I don't really know

I spend more time thinking about what I'm going to write, as english is not my first language.

But sometimes when ideas flow in my head I can type coherent texts extremely fast
i've done 10page university papers in 1 hour when the subject interests me, I'm able to synthetize information very well

However, most of the time im a lazy piece of shit and I don't do anything.

It's still funny to see people go "wtf" irl when I type subconciously type something ridiculously fast in front of them, like a 1sec google search or something like that

i think it would be more important to include accuracy as well

on a separate note its autistic to put wpm when applying for jobs that dont concern it: it'll be seen as filler

Are you faster than Shkrelli?

that's the "real" aka adjusted wpm that most websites give you, they factor in the words you missed
my accuracy is around 100% though when I focus really hard to achieve the highest wpm on a 1 min test

dont know, whats his wpm ?

HR guy here, yes, depending on the job you apply for this would be autistic. Do you have a certificate for that? If it's tangentially related to you position you could attach that. Maybe you can bring it up in a job interview as a "funny tidbit" about yourself but it most likely won't influence the hiring decision, unless you're literally applying to be a secretary.

Not autistic. I'm in the 99th percentile of typing speed too. Most jobs involve a computer. Faster typing = more efficient than old geezer who types @ 30wpm.

>certificate for wpm
lmao only an hr geek would come up with something that silly

So you think having a high wpm will significantly increase your employment chances but I'm the silly one for suggesting to attach some sort of certificate?

Look ,I tried to think of the most dumbed down scenario. Someone applying for an entry level office position right out of high school. Your resume will look pretty bleak at that point and I did one of those "silly" typing certificates in high school and personally I wouldn't mind seeing that on such a young person's resume.

But then again assuming that your magnificent typing skills will get you places in the office world is just ignorant of any actual requirements.

here is the website for those who want to try

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/

10fastfingers works great too

I had 168-170 wpm this run but choked hard at the end

with a few mistakes I hit 150-155 consistently, if I go full try hard and 100% accuracy I can hit 165-170 probably.

And I have a shitty 20$ logitech keyboard, I heard with a mechanical keyboard you can improve your wpm even more

Resumes should be one page.
Last two or three jobs, education if relevant, (switch positions if one is more relevant to your job of choice than the other), then general skills, like first aid, which are useful wherever you go.
If you include references stop being a skillless, beta cuck. They'll call and ask you for them if they even have the idea of hiring you. Don't waste the space on references when you could show them more past jobs and education for the job you want. If your resume is more than one page you risk they won't see all your info since they just skim.

>Resumes should be one page.

yore a fukin naimal meit

Depending on what job you're applying for it couldnt hurt.

Well how fucking long should they be

I literally work as a professional resume writer. My company writes resumes for people that cost anywhere from $200 for something very simple to $600 and up. I would not include that on a resume unless you were applying for like a transcription or stenography job. People don't care how fast you can type in most circumstances.

And for the others out there wondering, yes a resume is going to be one page for about 90% of people. We only do 2 page resumes for executives with a lot of experience. In a very, very small percent of people we do extended resumes in addition to a simple 1-2 pg resume, but that is normally only for specific fields. If you're under the age of thirty, I can almost guarantee you don't need a 2 page resume. Anything more will just be seen as filler.

I'm not a huge fan of even including a skills section on a resume. All of that stuff you can include in your job experience section. No one cares if you say you have this skill or that skill, they care if you can use them to provide a useful service in a professional environment.

HR guy here again, I don't care if it's one or two pages, just put all the important stuff on page one.

It really depends on the job and if that info is important. But if you're applying for an entry level position straight out of school I don't mind seeing some minor accomplishments listed on there, maybe that's something we can talk about in the interview.

>People don't care how fast you can type in most circumstances.

Even If I type literally 3 times as fast as the average human being ?

I think there is a big culture difference between resumes in the USA and in the rest of the world. I'm in Canada and i've heard people putting the most random shit on their resumes. I knew a girl who put that she could solve a rubicks cube in 10 secs, and got asked to prove it in live during a job interview (for a very prestigious law firm, she got the job)

When I walk around in the office I always go 3 times as fast as anyone else. Does this make me more qualified?

As a new graduate of engineering I've been putting my relevant coursework to jobs I apply to. My career advisor at uni said this is a good thing to do. Because of this my resume is 2pgs. Should I remove this section?

if your job has you sitting on a computer 8-12 hours a day then yes, I would hire the 150 wpm guy any time over the 30 wpm candidate

plus a high wpm often means vast knowledge of computers / IT (because of how much time you spent on said computer to achieve ridiculous wpm)

>I've been putting my relevant coursework to jobs I apply to
sounds like a bad idea to me because most of the time you will send a transcript of your grades to your employer, so they will have an in detail list of your courses

If your job performance is measured by how fast you type, I don't think you're going places anyways.

are you stupid or just trolling ?

If you can type 3 times as fast as someone else, you will be able to dish out much more work than said person (obviously not 3 times as much, but significantly more).

>Even If I type literally 3 times as fast as the average human being ?
Yeah, but how fast can you think? There is a difference between doing an online typing test and actually being a productive worker.

No, I wouldn't remove it. Also include any relevant projects you've done. I still don't see how adding coursework would ever make your resume over 1 page if you don't have any relevant work experience. What else are you including? A resume should have a summary, (relevant) work experience, education (leave out high school) and any relevant certifications or licenses.

If it's not relevant to what you are looking to do, then leave it off your resume.

And in what decent job is typing the most time consuming task? If you type at an average speed and your job is not literally being secretary it doesn't matter.

Your perception of office jobs reads like someone just mindlessly typing away random sentences all day long.

don't add that to your resume. nobody will care unless you're going to become a transcriptionist

>hr
kys self already

>not padding your resume

retards, all that sick experience and skills you think you will be able to talk about in the interview does not matter if you don't get an interview in the first place

>Resumes should be one page meme

Resumes should be as many pages as it takes to include all the buzzwords that resume reading software will pick up to put you on the shortlist. Then when your resume is on the top of the pile the HR fag will skim through it, it doesn't fucking matter how long it is at that point.

i-is this true ?

>HR guy here

I hate you.

Well, good luck trying to find a job.

Well you need to include key buzzwords for places that use ATS, just padding your resume with a whole bunch will reflect poorly. Focus on what your specifically good at, don't be a jack of all trades. Like I said, if you're under 30, the chances are very, very high that you don't warrant anything longer than one page.

t. professional resume writer

No typing is a extremely valuable skill in this age.

It's not valuable, everyone already knows how to do it. Putting your typing skills on your resume is the equivalent to saying you have a very big vocabulary.

>It's not valuable, everyone already knows how to do it.
There's a world of difference between 30wpm and 150wpm. It would take the slow worker 5 hours to do what a fast worker does in 1.
That's cool that you're a professional resume writer though. But when I hire people, knowing their WPM is crucial. Anyone under 90 doesn't make the cut.

Put it on there. You are selling yourself.

HR Guy, even temp agencies perform a WPM test on the spot. It can be proven quickly and without question, unlike "how well you know microsoft server platform administration". You can just pull up a website and do it live, if there was any doubt. I'm not even aware of a typist certification desu

What industry, HR guy?

The vast majority of companies you typically apply for don't use such an automated ATS. Don't rely on it too much.

Seriously in what age are you guys living? What jobs are we talking about here that require high WPM?

I've never required one and I've never seen a WPM count on an application for a any decent job.

Also, temp agencies are the bottom of the barrel. They will try to do anything to make their subpar candidates look a bit more attractive.

I work in a large construction business. Dealing with lots of engineers but also regular administrative staff.

I regularly interview people for jobs in the IT industry

WPM is definitely crucial. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the resume but it doesn't hurt either. It'll probably be brought up if it's relevant to the job.

Yeah but it will seither seriously impress your employer or he'll think it's funny and this increases your chance of an Interview.

Are you planning on becoming a secretary?

If not then don't bother, useless skill