/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

New Life Festival Edition

Elder Thread:>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/30/crown-store-showcase--november-30th-2016

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx (embed)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Battle_Leveling
esoui.com/downloads/info1545-MiatsPVPAlerts.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where's Joruun for this new life event achievement thing?

Can't find him anywhere

You have to find him ingame, not in Skywatch.

For me I found him in Trolhetta, because I finished the last EP quest.

That's a good one! It's nice that they pay homage to classics in the series.

Fuuuck. I don't even know where to start searching.

Whats the best path for the Bergama challenge?

Magsorc here so I might have to respec

In Windhelm. In the house to the left of the enchantment building.

You're a star, user. Thanks

>Magsorc here so I might have to respec
wut
Like a square, going bottom left, bottom right, top right, top left. Either use streak or spam boundless storm every 6th secound.

best Dolmen to farm xp during the event?

Alik'r Desert, join a group. Gained 11 or 12 levels in 3 hours yesterday

Better than even Auridon?

I haven't tried Auridon myself, someone in one of my guilds recommended Alik'r so that's where I went. Posted in zone chat asking if there was a Dolmen group, got an invite and just used port to player to unlock the three wayshrines that are right beside the anchor sites.

I wanted to message @Geobasket for a guild invite, but I got an inbox is full error message. I messaged @the_kyrox instead. Is the guild active?

Post your @ and I'll add you

That would be @somnialArcanist.
Thanks!

Does the new skinchanger style look lackluster or is it just me?

bump

>read up on various magsorc guides that healers should be keeping up elemental drain so I needn't worry about it
>they actually don't
I didn't really need that slot for anything else anyway.

>Joined random dungeon
>Nothing I type appears in chat
>Party leader icon floats over the floor, his body nowhere to be seen

What the hell is going on?

Anybody Is playing on peasant console xbone juan

Is Elden Root the worst possible capitol? I don't need to rely on my map this much for Wayrest and Mournhold.

On PC EU do I join the Pact, Dominion or the Covenant? I like Dunmers if it helps but I have the adventure pack.

Help. I know its only really for PvP but I like to PvP a lot and dont want to play with morons.

I dont mind not winning all the time but I want good times.

Which side has more players? Where are the fastest queues to join?

Everything looks poplocked except AD on BWB.

>capitol
STOP
THIS

Is this game worth to buy? I like to pvp and do dungeons, come from wow (not retail).

Use your fucking keyboard and ask, God damn. It's a pain in the ass to switch destro/dw, ele drain/shards/power of light/orb/your mom. You can't see if is a stamsorc, mag sorc on the darkness, and when you notice, everyone is running, you have to keep healing and buffing, looting, running and dealing damage. Just ask.

It's fucking awful and there's too many goddamn doors.

Pact or Covenant.

>EP: daedric ruins, dunmer arrogance, what could possibly go wrong with unleashing an ancient evil we created predating the Tribunal on our foes
>DC: why can't I hold all these undead, why are all of my allies turning on me

the best looking crafted heavy armor style? thinking imperial

that is my impression as well, but I'm still collecting styles.

Yeah I think I'll pass on AD, both EP and DC seems more interesting.

From this it looks like EP is very interesting but how are EP players?

Are they decent enough in PvP or are they buttfucked all the time? I read that they are the lowest pop on PC EU.

Dungeons are not the GW2 level, but they will suffice. I versions are eze modo, II require some thinking, but most bosses wont require too much thinking or memorizing their pattern, some wont even force players to keep moving.

Never touched PvP so I cant say anything.

> come from wow

You know that TESO is non-target and thus plays the whole different way?

Why does it feel like I get weaker as I level?

Because of scaling. Items not at your current level gets weaker, because everything is scaled to champion 160.

I'm constantly pimped out in blue gear from spamming dungeons, so I feel my gear is pretty relative. Skills that used to crit for 10k are down to 7k.

>everything is scaled to champion 160
this will stay that way right? it fucking sucks

I have lvl 4 blue gear on my chars lvl 11-15 and they kick ass. this sounds like a problem on your end.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Battle_Leveling

Probably.

Instead of scaling down, like GW2 do, they scale everything up.

I like scaling, myself.

> it fucking sucks
Why?

That's what level I was kicking ass too. Fast forward to 30 and I feel weaker.

as long as the gear is decent and within 10 levels of you, it really shouldn't be a problem.

No sense of progression.

Because the game gives you a huge buff to your resource pools at low levels to make up for your lack of skills, and likely even having good gear (though people who are alting can probably make some decent stuff newbies don't have that luxury).

As you level you're supposed to get more skills, get better gear, and most importantly - git gud. At some point the training wheels have to come off. If things have gotten harder for you for a reason other than enemies actually being able to dent your health bar now then you probably should step back and re-evaluate your build.

all stamina classes are shit for leveling as stamina now requires OP set items to be good.

I despised level scaling in both Oblivion and Skyrim I don't hate it that much in ESO. At least you can grind with noobs even at the champion level.

well, I *am* alting, but that was pretty much the purpose of my crafter.

It's not getting harder, I just notice i'm dealing less damage in dungeons. Kinda sucks, you have nothing really to look forward to when leveling but losing stats.

Why the fuck did they decide to scrap the PvP part of the justice system? that's literally like the only point to it in an MMO

I don't see that. under 50, I look forward to the next tier of material I'll craft my gear of, and the other abilities I'll try as I respec. over 50, it's mostly backbar leveling, but still a range of materials to explore as I quest.

>guides
Yep, there's your problem.

Tanks don't 'need' to run igneous weapons or have ulti gen/warhorn rotation. They should, because it increases DPS and this is a stupidly DPS-reliant game, but they really only have to soak up damage to do their job.

Healers only 'need' a burst heal, a few HoTs, and some utility like a purify. SPC, weakness to elements, shards, repentance, orbs, all can technically be done without.

What do you about it? Communicate to them, not us. I play a healer; before I even started one vet pug all the dps said was 'i love shards', I knew he was stam, checked and saw the other guy was stam too, ezpz had room to slot sweep and help dps.

But you *do* get stronger thanks to all the passives you get as you level up. The bonuses to low levels are training wheels and made to make sure high level people don't completely dominate low levels in PvP and be able to contribute something when around high level players. If you're not ready when they're taken off you can't really blame the game.

Do and do a multiplayer dungeon or world boss solo. If you're having a hard time it's probably because you're low level. Once you're at a higher level, you'll be able to do them solo unless you're a shitter.

What's the actual reason an MMO like eso can't just have skyrim or oblivion combat? Is it because of latency in MMO's?

Really depends on the armor class imo.
For heavy its Imperial hands down, but I'm partial to Khajiit for medium.

Then you should, like I said, look at your build. Or your gear. Or even your rotation. You did more damage because the game gives you a gimme early on to make up for lacking a proper build, gear, or knowing how to use your skills and attacks properly.

Having a 30K stam or magicka pool will give you decent damage at level 4 or w/e, because the base value for someone without armor or stat points invested is about 10K. If you want to keep up your damage put points into the point your build uses, get good set bonuses, use good skills, and learn to weave.

A good player with a proper gear set, skills and knowledge of his class should easily be able to put out more damage than a lowbie. There's a reason people don't just take a pile of level 2's to trials.

>you have nothing really to look forward to when leveling but losing stats
Having leveled 6 characters and being CP390, I'd say I look forward to skills and morphs during leveling, not stats. There is, functionally, no difference between level 20 and level 40 gear, even under the old, pre-OT system. Your numbers just got bigger.

Woo, fucking, hoo. That sure is fun and exciting. Certainly more interesting than your class skill line hitting the point where you get to unlock the one spell that is the killer app for your class, amirite.

Again, it's not about the game being hard or anything. People like seeing their numbers inflate as they progress. The enemies get bigger and badder and so do you to compensate. Scaling everything to your level kinda flushes all of that down the toilet.

Do I still get skillpoints from unlocking champion levels or Im kinda "stuck" with what I get up to level 50?

Because Crafting skills eats a lot of skillpoints.

CP don't give skillpoints, but you can find skyshards for more. If you haven't already, pick up the addon that sticks skyshard locations on your map.

Projectiles have a shitty time in MMOs. The only game I ever saw that fit the bit and used them was firefall, but it was an unpolished mess and the best projectiles had huge amounts of splash to compensate for latency.

The best MMO combat I've ever seen was Dragons Dogma Online, got to play a little bit of it until an update came out that I couldn't bruteforce my way through (can't moonrunes), but even all the way here in australia connected through a proxy the gameplay was rock solid. Almost everything was client-side, and it ended up being a great experience, if brief.

I always like going to next area early to see if I could do it. Honestly I wish they'd tweak the scaling system to allow 'solo pve' builds to exist again. It's all BIG NUMBERS and very little focus on the enemies.

Doesn't have to be all the trash enemies, but delve bosses are a joke in any zone for any level which is odd, because some cyrodiil delve bosses can seriously fuck you shit up. Why do I have to go to the PvP zone to get the PvE experience I want?

>DD sold well on PC
>they still won't bring DDO over to the west

>play the shit out of DD
>get several killing blows on that big fucking group kill dragon
>hear there's gonna be a sequel
>it's an mmo!
>lose all hope for localization

Breton, Altmer or Dunmer for a magicka Templar?

I cant fucking decide.

Apparently its Dunmer > Altmer > Breton for pure DPS and Dunmers are better as vampires but will I not suffer without the 9% regen or 3% flat reduction? Is the 7% more fire damage for a Templar that good? All skills are magicka though.

Help.

Fire damage is good because the meta is flame destruction staff. But, Templars don't have great magicka recovery options and can benefit from altmer passives, vamp passives, or both.

Bretons make the best healers, but not by much. I think Altmer is the preferred Magicka DPS race for everything except DK, but a dark elf will still do fine.
Can't really go wrong with any of the three

whats a good way to go from 10-50 alchemy

craft potions

Pretty sure alcast or sypherpk made a comprehensive alchemy guide. I would start there.

Fuck, I have to get rid of all my rewards for the worthy and hireling mails. Thanks for the reminder

thanks

w8 don't die

alright so i wanted to buy this on ps4
if i take the 30$ version for now am i missing much ?

What faction is the VG guilds in on NA PC?

Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City, and a few zones (Gold Coast, Hew's Bane and Orcland). If you can live without those, just buy the base game.

>accidentally made healers upset
I actually like using elemental drain
But every time I notice my magicka being low I realize it's because I forgot putting it up and nobody else will. Mostly because everyone else is a stamina build.

is there any pet classes in this game?

tfw nothing decent from the golden vendor. velidreth shoulders when.

Yes, sorcerer. They're great for solo play but pretty much useless in group play.

Doesn't matter anymore.

Craft poisons

That actually lines up pretty nicely because I don't have many friends. So if I roll a sorcerer can I just steamroll all the content on my own (and maybe do solo dungeons)?

Is the spell resist on Bretons a big deal? Like will it help with fire damage as a Vampire?

Overall is the spell resist of that race good?

Are Stamina Sorcerers fun? I've been hearing a lot about them and liking the "gotta go fast" style.

Are they any good in PvP and PvE?

>that feel when you waste all your time in ESO in PvP and you still aren't as good as the elite autists
What do
I feel there are 2 major things hindering me:
>I often go blind mode and lose situational awareness, especially when I want to take revenge on someone; also I don't know when to stop and often can't stop playing even when I'm tired or mad as fuck, therefore useless
>I don't bother to get best possible gear, I mean it's good but not the best it could be and; same with skills (like not grinding Mages' Guild for Meteor on alts)

I mean I improved greatly and generally wreak havoc on the battlefield, also start to regularly pull off some nice 1vX's, but still regularly run into people who I lose all the duels with or get killed 7 times a day by some execute spamming big damage fuck (often due to not being careful/calm enough)

>PvP
meh
>PvE
good

best solo pvp class?

esoui.com/downloads/info1545-MiatsPVPAlerts.html

This is actually a really disgusting addon that's improved my situational awareness.

What's your gear? Standard stam is 5 black rose 5 viper. 5 black rose helps a lot by itself.

Bretons are best suited to temp&NB magDPS (far fewer elemental class skills), healing and magicka tanking, but a lot of people won't roll them because they're a hard 3rd in terms of DPS overall.
Keep in mind, 3rd highest DPS still isn't bad, and it's not a powergap like you'd see between your 3 options and a stam race. If you want to roll breton I'd say go for it, with champion points you can reach very respectable spell cost reduction.
If you eventually want to roll magsorc/magDK, it would also mean you don't have multiples of each race if you minmax for altmer/dunmer respectively. I have a few races doubled up, but a lot of people don't like that.

The spell resist does affect fire damage afaik, just to a lesser extent than the dark elf passive. Spell resist is handy all-round, and if you did want to tank/pvp it would get you to spell resistance cap much more easily.
You might find you don't even need Vampire as a Breton or Dunmer, and then they'll both still be handy in such a fire-heavy game.

>Are they any good in PvP and PvE?
Good enough that people are bitching for them to be nerfed. Then again, I'm fairly sure that DK is the only class people don't bitch about.

You can steamroll 99% of all solo content on all classes. All classes can also solo dungeons by themselves once they reach a high enough level and are geared up right, but a pet sorcerer will be able to do it sooner than other classes.

People bitch about their tank prowess

I stand corrected.

>shows you names of stealthed enemies nearby
What the fuck.

This addon sounds almost like cheating.

>Meh
Are we playing the same game?

I don't think the names float above them or anything, you just know if there's someone in the vicinity. You should always expect someone to be stealthed nearby, anyway. I agree.

>notification of attacks from stealth before they're let off

That's the nail in the coffin. PvP is literally cancer.

I was farming dolmen xp and saw some weird players running the exactly same path, stopping at the same spot. Isn't bot forbidden?

does levelling up your skills after theyre morphed do anything

I didn't think it showed where they were or anything, I just felt like magically knowing for a fact that there were 20 nightblades around you instead of assuming that is pretty bullshit. Why is this allowed?

They get slightly better numbers, but it's not super important to dump all your XP into them if you have other skills you need leveled to their morph point instead.

It's not that i really want to roll a Breton, just considering what's good so I don't need to shill out on a race change as its quite expensive.

I rolled a StamDK and even though I liked the melee skills of 2h and DW I felt that I missing out on something when I saw the flashy playstyle of a magplar or a stamsorc that's why I've been considering rerolling. It just felt like everyone is having more fun than me.

As for the vampire thing I think its mostly for the regen and mistform in PvP. I kinda like to PvP a lot so I might be forced to take it.

Unless I go Stamsorc but then I'm afraid I'll have the same problem as with the DK but definitely from what I see Stamsorc looks quite fun with the hurricane and bombing shit.

This is actually one of my fears if I roll a stamsorc or any stamina class really. Balancing patch is coming soon and a definite nerf to set damage probably making it DoT's.

I really would hate if the class that I picked became useless as soon as I'd hit lvl 50.