Was WWI by far the shittiest war to be a common soldier in?

Was WWI by far the shittiest war to be a common soldier in?

Eastern front ww2 and iran/iraq war rivals it.

You also have different types of shit and hell.

In terms of pyric, the paruaguy invasions and subsequant gangbang killed 70% of its male population. The 30 years war was also pretty bad.

>trench warfare
>little sleep
>gas
>diseases
>rats
>starvation
>constant paranoia
>incompetent generals using outdated tactics against advanced weaponry

I don't know OP, you tell me.

Then you could go to any army with cut supply lines in history and look at their casualty rates from disease.

It took "dying for your country" to a whole new level.

The western front was pretty bad for a long stretch, but other fronts were horrible in their own way. I think the worst army to serve in would probably be Austria-Hungary's. Nobody deserves leadership that inept and callous.

Dunno, but it was the blackest war since the Ancient Egyptian Civil War

>incompetent generals using outdated tactics against advanced weaponry
This is so terribly inaccurate. The weapons were not outdated at all, that was the problem. You had advanced modern arms combined with old fashioned military thinking. But that was only in the early days of the war, generals wised up and contrary to what people think trenches were not a result of bungled military theory but rather a sign of them finally learning to adapt to the realities of modern warfare. The reason trenches were a mainstay once they were dug is because they were one of the only ways to maintain the lines in a war where artillery shells could be fired on your troops from over a mile away. The alternative was to retreat and allow the enemy to advance and bring their guns within range of the cities. And there are enough pictures of devastated towns and cities to show why you didn't want the lines to collapse.

>Ottoman troops using modern sunglasses and combat visors
>random ghetto niggas but not a single Arab Revolt troop

Yeah, because running headlong into battle in lines against machine gun nests REALLY worked, now did it?

Classes aren't customizable yet and the above squad is using 4 times the same class
It's a bait image and you fell for it

>Using sandproof glasses which Ottoman cavalry used
>Using Stahlhelms Germans gave Ottoman forces fighting British in Hedjaz and Syria fronts.

I seem to have no problem

Eastern Front WWII didn't have any poison gas, though. Or if it did, it didn't have much of it compared to WWI.

Although getting blown up by Katyushas and Sturmoviks doesn't sound very fun at all.

>Yeah, because running headlong into battle in lines against machine gun nests REALLY worked

It was a war of attrition. War isn't about getting a sweet K/D ratio you dunce. The grim reality of the situation lent itself to spending men against men to wear down the other side's capability to continue fighting. Furthermore, both sides were constantly innovating and simplifying the entire war into "running against machine nests" only showcases your supreme ignorance.

The Ottomans variation is also visorless

Thanks m8 didn't know that.Still i don't think a game which gives German soldiers fucktons of Mondragons cares if Ottoman helmets had visors or not.

Any one that involves losing your toes to frostbite due to bad logistics for le kang-n-cuntry is pretty high up there.

Does it have womyn too?

Gas is quite literally a meme, look at stats not stories

Take the red pill and realize it was the korean war

>ywn drive a truck southbound knowing that the marines screaming for your help will freeze to death.

>iran/iraq war rivals it.

tell me more

>chemicals
>human wave tactics
>napalm
>trench warfare
>electric swamps
>15 thousand deaths per battle for a war between two tiny joke countries

And to top it all off, nobodys ambition was satiated and that area is still poor to this day.

Does a lack of lasting impact with high death toll count towards this question?

Like if a war was depressingly futile.