Prove to me that V8 is not the best engine configuration

Prove to me that V8 is not the best engine configuration.

>Not having twin inline 8 engines
Each one powers half the car. There are NO downsides.

>inb4 GT that didn't win le mans

That was my favourite hotwheels car ;_;

YOU MUST REACH 300MPH
>tfw broke half the wing of the one I had

If we're gonna bring Hot Wheels into this then it's clear that the v16 is the best option

Why would I try to prove a lie?

>18th place in LeMans
It only won in the GTE class fucknut

Still won

This thread is slow and boring. Let's summon him and his goons.

GM won LeMans more times then with the Corvettes, and it used V8s all the time.

Inline 6 is literally the objectively best engine according to physics. But fuck you and go learn about why yourself

It's either DOHC inline 6 with single turbine or pushrod v8. But because no one's making inline 6 anymore pushrod v8 takes the crown.

butthurt chevy fan detected

>

Bmw

I said "making" not "slapping together".

If budget isn't an issue, V12s are superior. If budget is an issue, I6 are superior. V8 only seem so attractive because the American habit of throwing them into absolutely everything has created a vast bolt-on aftermarket.

A V8 of X displacement has much better packaging than an I6 of X displacement. An LS1 is a fairly compact and can be pushed far back into the engine bay, but a 5.7L I6 would be LOOOOOOONG.

>muh perfect balance

A V8 is balanced enough. Not a rattlebox like a V6 or I4.

Out of date dinosaur rubbish

I vote for pushrod v8, take the ls motors, sbf and sbc, or even bbf. Big block chevys too, not abbreviating this for obvious reasons.

If you want better you're left with high end drag racing stuff like 632 brotix motors, and even more ridiculous promod type engines, theres stuff out there from 700ci to 900ish.

Competing with the small blocks, weighing more but also making power with boost much more efficiently, would be ford dohc v8s, both coyotes and modular. Mihovetz has a stock bore and stroke 4.6 hitting like 250 in the 1/4 mile in 6 seconds.

Next up, imo, is the inline 6. These can make surprising work motors in trucks, or make decent power in a car. Look at supras, once you get some good rods and open up the top end, you can just cram boost down it and rev high as fuck.

Also dohc v6 is an honorable mention, since 2011 the 3.7 mustang can make over 400 engine hp with just bolt ons, no head, cam or bottom end work. Before i get flamed by a mad honda retard, just google or watch one of the hundred youtube dynos.

In the fail category would be 4cyls and the rare 5 cyl. S2000 people think 220 hp is godlike, even in turbo form we never see over 300hp except the focus rs is like 360. I will give some credit to the lancer evos of the past, they seem to have a fairly stout bottom end and drivetrain.

The length of an inline six is indeed is a problem. The best way to compensate for it is to make a two-seater and move the seats further back, extending the hood. That way you'll be able to put the engine behind the front axle.
What I appreciate about pushrod v8 is how they work on normal gasoline though. With any Japanese turbo it's like obligatory 98ron. And the money isn't even necessarily the problem, it's just that a lot of fueling stations don't even offer 98 (especially in the countryside).

Lol, you guys are retards. Pound for pound, turbo v6 or inline 4 is literally the most power:efficiency engine configuration possible

EPA =/= real world economy

A twin turbo V6 will not get as good real world economy as an equally powerful NA V8. Turbos are designed to not get into boost with the way EPA tests run the engine.