/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889
dolp.in/i
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Monster_Hunter_Tri
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5iu20b/question_to_all_emulator_developershobbyists_why/dbb2go3/
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5iawff/whats_the_deal_with_ds_emulation/dbat0r0/
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx8fpeCSimQ2bGNrMnY4SUtvN0k
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx8fpeCSimQ2ejA5UXUxR1d2OEU
floating.muncher.se/byuu/uncooperative.html
github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/commit/ed47c72cf2e124d9d753285fd61d12ea8e071d0d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for irony.

Accepting friend requests for the next two days, get 'em while they're HOT!

steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889

I might even share what I've been working on in Source Filmmaker. /wink

nah im good

I only play Skyrim for the mods.

What shaders do you usually use for the crt experience? I use easymode but I feel like a pleb, but then the others just feel like too much so I cant decide

I'm trying to use mednafen psx hw though retroarch and I keep having an issue when ever I try to pause and use retroarchs options menu the whole thing crashes, after that any thing I do with mednafen crashes if I try and use it unless I reinstall the core.

What's the best way to bring an issue to the Dolphin developers attention?

dolp.in/i

Why do people say this is a good emulator?

Alright I logged in. Now how do I actually report an issue?

bump

Lottes, except i tone down the bloom and curvature, and tweak the sharpness.

Does anyone with technical knowledge know how the future of 3DS emulation looks?

I see games seem to run at a shit framerate. How long do emulators typically take to get from working to amazing? I remember Dolphin Wii support coming out really fast but I also have been told the Wii is basically a gamecube anyway

Dolphin was like 7 years old when it got wii support

What I meant was, once Wii support was released most games were playable really fast.

So how does mame updates work? I see mame get updated but more games arent supported like KOF 11 or MVC2

what the FUCK!!! is vulkan

Where we are right now with 3DS emulation is like where we were in 2010 with DS emulation. The system has been cracked open; now all that's left is figuring out how to use it.

Can I play through the entire ocarina of time game on dolphin?
Are collectors edition and master quest versions both playable?

It's a way for game programmers to get lower-level access to more things that can break.

Is Bayonetta 1 and 2 playable?

No
Overbloom in 1
No sound in parts on 2

Thats a bummer.What about Monster Hunter tri on Dolphin?

wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Monster_Hunter_Tri

Can someone tell me please what plugin goes here or where to find it? This is pcsxr by the way.

Nowhere on the wiki did it mention a link cable plugin even though it seems necessary to even get the damn emulator to actually make it past the setup phase.

All of the link/netplay plugins i found through google either didn't show up when placed in the plugin folder or they were obvious virus sites.

DS emulation is kind of shit though

Uh I was playing DS games full speed in like 2008

What am I doing wrong?How do I see letters?
t.never played monster hunter

nvm lol

>ijustwanttoplaysagafrontier
>sagafrontier

Just use mednafen.

Is there a way to have different shaders configuration for different cores on Retroarch?

Like when i load that core it will load the last shader i use on it and not the game boy advance border that i was using for final fantasy v advance.

Vulkan or GL?

>I only play Skyrim for the mods.

That's the problem

oh yes, that emulator

Can my PC run Xenoblade?

shaders/ save core preset
shaders/ save game preset

Thanks.

I hope so since if you can that means I can since I have the same CPU

GLupeN64 can't use shaders?

I tried to use one and fucked everything up (even the retroarch menu) wast a long time to remember to press the "n" button until i could see something on the screen to remove all shaders.

What have I done to make this happen?

Set your rez to 1080p without the proper patches

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series

Resolution/Color:
- 1920x1080 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 3
- Keep psx aspect ratio: ‘
u
- No render-to-texture: ‘
u

- Filtering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 2
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 200.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 3/4
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

Settings

I reset the config to fast and rebuilt from there, it was happening because of 'Hi-Res Textures' being at anything other than 0

Does the_foxsodemizer really visit emugen?

How do you setup the bios and bootfiles for reicast?

>motorstorm arctic edge on PSP is still buggy and weird
>after YEARS

how do i help fix this problem

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5iu20b/question_to_all_emulator_developershobbyists_why/dbb2go3/

Surprise, zeromus was right and pokefags are cancer.

Doesn't sound like he received half of what zeromus did, desmume's team was receiving death threats.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5iawff/whats_the_deal_with_ds_emulation/dbat0r0/

DS emulation is shit because DS emudevs are shit

This shit again? Fucking reddit man stop bringing your shitty discussions

>I'll never understand why people get so worked up over such a truly minor detail.

Says the OCD homosexual

are you fucking serious

god damn, if i were a moderator on a nintendo emudev forum i'd probably make a quarantine for all pokemon threads or something

To be fair it goes both ways.

One side may talk, doesn't mean the other has to listen.

Do you have to use an older version of demul to use higher internal resolution? In the latest version, any plugin other than the main dx11 one (I.E. the one that doesn't let you change IR) causes either the video menu to crash the emulator, or the emulator to crash on start

>not nullDC

Isn't nulldc deprecated?

use GLSL shaders

What's going to be the next big thing in emulation?

Just using a fucking VM because it's all x86

Thanks, will do.

god dammit you're gonna make me cry.

Thanks for both answers, just get to set a couple of shaders for the cores here, now i don't need to remove any shader when i use GLupeN64 or mGBA with the borders and everything.

Why fix what works?

Does the Reicast RA core work for anybody?

here's a build that works:
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx8fpeCSimQ2bGNrMnY4SUtvN0k

It should work for x64 builds again.

Just downloaded the latest nightly, still crashes

Is higan the recommended RA core for everything? What's all this about game paks and shit?

Higan is the recommended core for precisely nothing. Even SNES, the basic bsnes core is better. Avoid gamefolders like the plague

gamepaks? romhacks?
bzsnes_libretro for zsnes hacks. mudlord might have a newer build:
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx8fpeCSimQ2ejA5UXUxR1d2OEU

holy fuck what is retroarch actually good for

RetroArch doesn't use gamefolders
It also has it's own fork called bsnes-mercury which is just as accurate, but also faster and comes with overclocking support

BeetlePSX. That's it.

all in one gamepad controlled frontend

I guess if you're not autistic/lazy enough to eat shit every time you want to use a specific emulator to play a specific game RA is fine

>just as accurate, but also faster
Why wouldn't byuu take their commits then? I guess because they're not doing it "the right way" or "the byuu way"

>I guess because they're not doing it "the right way" or "the byuu way"

That is correct

See also floating.muncher.se/byuu/uncooperative.html

What the hell...

Don't use Windows myself, but SP probably broke it (again) with github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/commit/ed47c72cf2e124d9d753285fd61d12ea8e071d0d

And we all know that anything not "The Byuu Way" is the wrong way and you are instantly worse than hitler ie mudlord if you do that.

Thank you for your constant reminding of your mental illness.

Eh? I did nothing of the sort. byuu assumes that all the haters are me. He made it pretty clear in that forum post of his.

on a scale of hitler to mudlord, i'd say anything that doesn't conform to the byuu way is about 1.6 mega hitlers.

>bsnes-mercury which is just as accurate, but also faster
how is it faster, while being just as accurate?

If the Wiki is outdated then what should I be using to emulate Majoras Mask?

I'll see about trying that previous commit and seeing if it works, if indeed it breaks on Nvidia (most likely due to Nvidia OGL drivers being utter horseshit thanks to documented race conditions)

>how is it faster, while being just as accurate?

by fixing byuus shitty unoptimized code

>Nvidia OGL drivers being utter horseshit
Doesn't Nvidia have the best OGL drivers?

VC version in Dolphin

Don't use plugin based ps1 emulators.
Emulating most systems

Your constant writing about him does not help.

just fucking shack up already

>by fixing byuus shitty unoptimized code
care to share any examples? This is honestly the first time I've heard of some optimized fork.

I never would have thought of that. Thanks, user.

>pirating

- The biggest change is getting the interface sane, which is accomplished through libretro.
- 'inline' was added all across the PPU subclasses. Framerate went up by 20% from such a trivial change! (Spamming inline elsewhere does little if anything, so it wasn't done.)
- A fast path was added to various parts of the CPU bus, improving framerate by about 2.5%.
- libco has been changed quite a bit, both for performance, readability, and portability to more platforms.
- A seven-line function in sfc/memory/memory-inline.hpp was replaced, which speeds up ROM load by roughly a factor 6 (1.2s -> 0.2s).
- A section in sfc/memory/memory.cpp was specialized for the common, easy, case. This speeds up ROM load time by about a third.

AMD drivers ironically follow the GLSL specs more closely. Nvidia ones are completely hackworthy crap, though they have better compatibility.

Fair enough, indeed my constant moaning about him does show problems. I should focus more on the tech talk though, like the DC/N64/libretro stuff.