>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?t=n&q=melbourne
au.news.yahoo.com/a/33478099/santa-in-drag-on-one-of-melbournes-main-shopping-strips/
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/salisbury-east/cars-vans-utes/unique-ford-au/1132012905?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LF-cars
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/glenview/cars-vans-utes/1972-chrysler-valiant-charger-coupe/1125777356
ebay.com.au/itm/Rallyflapz-4mm-PVC-Mudflaps-Mitsubishi-Evo-10-Black-Striped-Ralliart-Logo-/231458356976?hash=item35e3fe3ef0:g:wz8AAOSw1vlUvj0T
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/campania/cars-vans-utes/1991-toyota-celica/1127960933
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/granton/cars-vans-utes/1992-toyota-celica-sx/1131002284
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rosetta/cars-vans-utes/celica-sx/1131835275
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/1996-mazda-323-astina-hatch/1132028126
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brighton/cars-vans-utes/2000-honda-civic/1132140005
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blackmans-bay/cars-vans-utes/honda-crx-1989/1132234738
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/menora/motorcycles/2006-triumph-sprint-st-1050-abs-my2006-/1131639727
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/victoria-park/motorcycles/honda-vfr-800/1124609641
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where's the jobs cunt?

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

I'm seeing some nice Celicas for less than $1500. Are they shit cars?

alright which one of you was this

Was me

WAT WAD

DEC 17
D R I N K M E E T

looks like it'll be the doucheman and me start to finish and one or two other cunts temporarily joining in

post if you're coming

Pretty average desu, unless they're a GT4.

riding this

yeah i call cheating

I bought a '93 Pajero GLX V6 NH with 128,000kms for 3000 bucks.

Apart from roof racks and bash plates it is pretty much stock.

Was it worth it? And what are some good off road upgrades I should be looking at first?

im saving the van till jan 11.

I found a glass of whiskey from a week ago in my wardrobe. It was covered by a book, think it's still good to drink? Also found an open car of beer but I know that's fucked

i still call cheating as that also runs way better than the f6

>Whiskey

Yep, it'd be all good.

drink thewhiskey, mix the old beer into a fresh one.
there can me no leftover drinks.
yeah i might make an 18sec pass kek

Smoking development. There is no more beer :O

>tfw craving a v8
Are Commodore the only good v8s that don't cost an arm and a leg? How much does it cost to get a really good tone out of them?

VE ss ute
VZ ss wagon
Or Monaro
Manual ofcourse

Monaro will probably be worth more in 25 years imo

wut jobs
Well normally i'd fire up about that with you mate but at least you can see its through no choice of my own there is literally no work.

Dead set least year i had 4 jobs and 2 before that and so on but this year is literally fuck all

And this "Instead of job hunting" mentality that alot of older generations have is bullshit because there is literally no work.

Appreciate the honesty.

I know how it can come across but i'd honestly rather work its just there is fuck all especially around mid north coast
Does it have to be a Celica?
i tried downsampling from 1400p-ish and its clean but not as clean as 4k so thats what i am aiming for.
This

Monaro is worth alot now and is a fuckload more rare than the run of the mill VT-VF
Yes.

VT-VX can actually turn a corner due to being around 1650kg and still have a half decent chassis and modern ls

>muh Future Classic
Don't do this. Cars we can afford aren't an investment.

VE Utes are pretty nice.

what if it baloons up to like 150k+?

They around around 25-50k for a decent monaro whereas the equivalent VT-VE are like 5-15grand and will probably get cheaper at least for a while before cunts see the potential in them.

not a fan of the Zeta platform its so fucking heavy

but they doo look better compared to the VF

Bullshit.

S13s and R32s were literal bag-of-weed value a few years back. They're now pushing $10k for average ones.

i wonder what cars that are worthless now will be worth a bit a couple of decades down the road

my moneys on all the aussie oddities like the HSV's and FPV's.

Basic bitch trims obviously dont apply unless there is a sleeper collectors hit like the XB or Kingswood

Even though they are heavy they do handle really fucking well.
I'd probably get a VE if I had the money.

dont they weigh like 1.8-2tonne?

thats like 300kg+ heavier than my vx

unless they have like 10" tyres up front i doubt they could outhandle my shitbarge

honestly dislike seeing all these rich young cunts on youtube that drive ferraris, gtrs, etc because youtube pays huge $$$

They're also about 300x stiffer with much, MUCH better suspension geometry.
Combine this with an almost perfect 50/50 and they don't handle like a 2ton car should.

i felt pretty shit going to carmeets and its all oldfags talking about the thousands of dollars they dump into their siick ride then baby it around town

makes me kinda sick honestly becuase i know ill never get a chance to earn that kind of money anytime soon
True.

Only thing i'd change about my VX is the front steering angle its... weird.

Still managed to get it to grip well put 9" wide rims up front and got the strut towers reinforced it feels alot better, no more freightlining or wobbyness

I doubt any of them outright own the cars, they are living beyond their means and will get fucked by jewtube and lose their income eventually

Honestly i'd rather just strip weight out of a VE than try and get an earlier one up to the same standard, the VE chassis is insane levels of stiff. As in, jack up 1 corner and it doesn't flex at all.

A VE with the VF weight saving bits combined with a bit of stripping would be a beast around corners, especially with the bigger tyres you can get under them

And with the bills come jew they will be fucked in the long run.

GOOD

Youtube Red and "On Demand" spinoffs like motortrend deserve to get dicked in the ass

Yeah it sucks i can only get 9" under the front of my car but hay it dates back to 1987 and thats not too bad all things considered.

Feels pretty stiff but also comfy

They're steel guards, get your weld on and just keep throwing offset at it

when i have some actual money to throw at the fucker i will.

255's are enough for now

moving back to melbourne in several years lads
how much worse has feminism gotten down there

oh gee i wonder

lmgtfy.com/?t=n&q=melbourne

>Muh gay rights
>muh lgbti+bbq
>safe space
>fun police
>muh crime culture
still a shithole

Dont forget Saint Dick: Queen of the Cuckshed

au.news.yahoo.com/a/33478099/santa-in-drag-on-one-of-melbournes-main-shopping-strips/

damn
might have to slap the next one i see

Fine if it was registered. V6 wont like water. Start of with decent tyres

Yes.

Which one? The last gen is quite alright, they all come with the powerful 2zz (147kw from 1.8L) and have handling comparable to the dc2 type r. The previous gen looks like a dildo and has a camry engine.

Oi cunt give us a bike list and a pic of bikes

Good tone is subjective. Exhaust might be between 500 and 2000 depending on how much you want to change. An aftermarket cam will also make it sound pretty sweet.

Depending on what state youre in will depend on who you go to and how much it costs. GM Motorsport in Melton is really good and have quite a good website as far as parts and packages go. Really good results too.

What time boss? I'm on nights so waking up before 10:30 probably won't happen.

What mine or in general?
Who are you? Why should i?

With exception to the GT-Four (of which few were produced, and fewer still were imported to Aus) the sixth gen Celica is pretty gutless. Looks alright, I guess. If you get one make a project of it since the parts out of a Caldina GT-Four should match.

Seventh gen Celicas suffer heavy rice tax (especially the aero kit models) and P-platers. The 2ZZ is good and it handles well for a FWD car, but finding a manual one in good condition is unlikely.

Alright cunts, reckon I'll do a Tinder profile. Should I bother listing hobbies and shit or do I go with gym pics and selfies?

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/salisbury-east/cars-vans-utes/unique-ford-au/1132012905?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LF-cars

98 Futura for $1k, what do youse think?

>$1k for skidz
Get it, throw the wing in the bin, fix the headlights and get some steelies for the back

Your own bikes of course because you're /dat/'s bitch

Your tinder profile should only be numbers

I.E. Mine is
>21 6'4" 7"x6"

Gym pics.
Tinder is literally a cock carousel for women, they're only interested in looks and make up their mind on you within a second or so of seeing your profile.

Best looking pic, brief bio, and done.

I dont believe this to be true, in my experience tinder is used for validation. Women want to know that they are wanted and use it for responses. Similar to the value of (You)'s here

It's easy to get validation when literally every guy you swipe wants to fuck you 10 ways from Sunday

What does that have to do with anything?
You can literally get laid every night on tinder.
If you aren't you're doing it wrong.

he wants a minimum of 4k for this

is this a good deal?

theyre alright, I have fun in mine. Just dont buy from bogans.

Be prepared for a 50k+ restoration.. I'd say close to 20k in body work if your paying a shop, or a good year if your doing it yourself.

To be honest I wouldn't be paying more then 3k for that.. It's a grandpa spec 215 charge with a 3speed manual, its nothing.. If it was say, a factory 770 car, or an E-spec or ATLEAST a V8 it would be worth money.

The console in the middle is not factory, although, the charger-bucket seats ARE legit so those in and of themselvse are worth 2/3k to the right person if they are in good condition.

Either way, you are looking at a very, very big project.

Ive been after a charger for a while, but im going to pass this one up. Ive seen driveable cars for 10-20k, so im going to avoid the restoration and wait

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/glenview/cars-vans-utes/1972-chrysler-valiant-charger-coupe/1125777356

Running, driving, typical rust, but nothing that can't be handled. Few holes here and there, couple of patches, a fresh coat of paint and you'd have a decent car for under 20k

i remember this add, pretty sure there is something funny about the VIN

Ive seen running, registered and rust free for 17k in the past. Im going to hold out for a deal like that

>ebay.com.au/itm/Rallyflapz-4mm-PVC-Mudflaps-Mitsubishi-Evo-10-Black-Striped-Ralliart-Logo-/231458356976?hash=item35e3fe3ef0:g:wz8AAOSw1vlUvj0T

Reckon these would also fit on a Lancer Ralliart, or just the Evo?

>not getting bright red fuckhueg mudflaps that say SPARCO on them

Do you even rally?

I reckon you're onto something m8. Those are way cheaper. Only thing these things have going for them are that they come with front and rears and

>muh aesthetics

If they do plain black ones I could probably just get them stamped anyway.

You should get some white Speedline rally wheels as well, while you're at it.

Hey lads,

me from previous thread. The more I look at the Celica, the more I like it. Poking around on gumtree, I found these:

$1700 w/ 300k odo, new water pump, distributer, ignition coil and spark leads fitted - gumtree.com.au/s-ad/campania/cars-vans-utes/1991-toyota-celica/1127960933

$3000 w/ 191k odo, full service history, near new tires - gumtree.com.au/s-ad/granton/cars-vans-utes/1992-toyota-celica-sx/1131002284

$2600 w/ 12k odo on a reconditioned engine and new clutch - gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rosetta/cars-vans-utes/celica-sx/1131835275

Of those, which would be the best value for money?

Can someone please post a link to the reccomended cars. The OP one is broken

thank god, I thought it was just me being a retard

>this Celica is a comfortable and fast sports coupe

top kek

I'd go the second one, try and get him down a bit though.

Non GT-Four Celicas are over-glorified Camry coupes though imo

i know, had a good giggle at 'fast'. There don't seem to be any GT-Four celicas on the market in Tassie that don't have serious problems.

You won't find any unfucked fun turbo cars down here man, trust me.

why do the hot hatches have red Ps next to them

this needs updating.

At least the prices do

Also it doesnt meantion the VX1 Calais V8 which is literally a SS in auto trim only with all the statemans bells ans whistles for only 1/2 the price.

you can pick them up for 3-4grand and do a basic tune it would shit over a stock SS

And none of the handling or looks

Fuck off falcunt

I would assume they're P Plate Approved?

FE2 Option has the handling
>Looks
fuck off SS wanker

are all the other cars in the chart not P plate approved?

No fuckin clue sorry, Tas doesn't have that nanny state bullshit.

Also I found these if you just want a cheap, low kay shitbox for a daily.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/1996-mazda-323-astina-hatch/1132028126

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brighton/cars-vans-utes/2000-honda-civic/1132140005

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blackmans-bay/cars-vans-utes/honda-crx-1989/1132234738

CRX would be my pick if the oil leak wasn't serious.

You're a fucking legend, thank you so much! I'll check them out.

CRX is the only one worth a shit but i'd skip it because of the oil leak.

get the 00' Civic

>recommends the 207 gti

for what reason

pretty sure that pic is old as fuck.

there's also a fair few Corollas with low-ish kays for sale as well if that floats your boat.

Hopefully something works out man.

Oi i just had a brainfart.

With all the aussie manufactuers gone under will importing RHD cars become cheaper?

Or are the govt still up their fucking ass?

>Or are the govt still up their fucking ass?
Tone was talking about it at some point before Turncuck toppled him. It had the stealerships wringing their hands over dangerous imports.

Wish they'd do away with the necessity of RHD entirely. I'll gladly never go through the Maccas drive-thru again if I can import a C5.

>Wish they'd do away with the necessity of RHD entirely. I'll gladly never go through the Maccas drive-thru again if I can import a C5.
Why is it some states dont require RHD but NSW does?

Which states don't require it? I thought you needed the conversion done to have an import with LHD complied.

You have one motorcycle, plus a shitbox for moving large objects. Which motorcycle do you choose?

>gumtree.com.au/s-ad/menora/motorcycles/2006-triumph-sprint-st-1050-abs-my2006-/1131639727
or
>gumtree.com.au/s-ad/victoria-park/motorcycles/honda-vfr-800/1124609641

checkd

my googlefu on the subject is weak

RHD is such a fucking meme
>/dat/ get
M8

Also fuck off squid

Doing this with my headlights wouldn't be legal in Aus, would it?

what DOES tas have

Shoudnt be legal anywhere tbhfam

What state?

Pretty sure 'cop colors' are a instant defection but other colors are a fair go unless they look like you might be an ambo, firey or other type of emergency vehicle

Pretty sure you cant do amber headlights or certain color temps either