/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a possible fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e2amBgr12YQ
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
yadi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What exactly do you have all installed for cock? Does the follower AI freeze up for you too? do you have hardcore aim enabled?

Tried switching it off but still had this problem
Am I supposed to start the game vanilla before installing any mods? The readme just says to make a gamedata folder if there isn't one but for each of my installs trying different shit I just copied in and made a folder before starting it.

Is it normal for Monolith to be fucking one-shotting me in a fully upgraded exo in CoCk? A single shot from the VSV puts me at moderate bleeding and at a single bar of health. But shots from other rifles do more reasonable damage. Is it Arsenal Overhaul, or Monolith bullshit magic?

>Is it Arsenal Overhaul, or Monolith bullshit magic?

Probably both

this. 9x39 rounds are overpowered

I'll give it a try later. I've never modded the STALKER games so much (STCoP + AF + AN + AS) so I was reluctant

I use STCoP and sometimes get one shot with a merc exo by an AKMS, user.

Monolith in master shoot you in the head with ease. even in vanilla.

>Get Ecologist Ransom mission by some egghead at Yantar
>Living the merc lyfe I accept it; turns out the fucker is all the way down in Great Swamps
>Go through half a gorillion burers at Agroprom aswell as a random chimera with just a piece of shit half broken AK
>Get to the hostage egghead
>There wasn't even any bandits there, they had been shot by Clear Sky
>Check map, the guy who asked me to rescue his buddy had ran off to the northern part of Red Forest
>this fucking guy
>Make my way around Yantar, pass through the Garbage
>Egghead hostage gets distracted by a few retarded bandits killing pseudodogs
>He rushes face first into Saiga-12K's and AK's
>Dies nearly instantaneously; bandits loot a Vintorez off of him
I swear to fucking god from now on I'm only gonna talk to ecologists to sell them mutant parts

Was that video filmed by an aircraft focusing on a guy running and shooting at some humanoid things following him and eventually killing him a STALKER promo vid? Or was it some other thing I can''t remember, WWZ?

This one?
youtu.be/e2amBgr12YQ
According to the desc, it was a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. promo.

G

based steve

Yeah that one. Thanks user!
Wish swamp bloodsuckers were a bit different than what they are

woof?

what are the best addons for CoC?

Conspiracy theories time

Why are the no women in the Zone? C-Con was what happened when /r9k/ tried to make a mgtow colony

they all got turned into bloodsuckers

so what habben to mega

don't ever make a thread again you stupid le boris memeing fuck

op fucked up

previous 4 ops fucked up too, we haven't had a proper link to joint pak or OLR for ages now

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread

wow

OK, you're displaying a special level of cluelessness. NPC cone of vision has nothing to do with that option nor do the values it tweaks have anything to do with accuracy. Did you simply not understand user and the difference between npc aim and accuracy in Stalker?

Weapons: definitely OWR, quality over quantity and best damage model though shotguns are close up weapons
DrX factions
Other DrX stuff if it looks interesting - Desolation is good
Absolute Structures
Either Autumnal Winds or Absolute Nature Redux
SWTC
Hud of your choice (AA2 with artifacts is my fave)

Thanks, user

face it, it's broken.

>doesnt have anything to do with vision
>changes it anyways
>not broken
>well it's not supposed to
>well it does
>nah it's fine bro, ur just retarded

ok then

No

You just do not have a fucking clue

While tweaking grass with the "r__detail_radius XX" command why does my game crash when i set it to 100 but it's perfectly fine with 150 or higher? Shouldn't a lower rendering distance be less intensive?

You're fucking retarded.

fuck you

Desolation isn't really needed since you can adjust the amount of NPCs in the CoC game menu.
DrXFactions is retarded, too.

>Why are the no women in the Zone?

Same reason there are almost no women in the NoDak oilfield mancamps.

Fuckloads of dudes who have fucked up enough in life to end up there, doing potentially lucrative but dangerous, hellish work, in conditions where law and order is scant at best.

Yeah, if you were a woman would you ever fucking go anywhere near the Zone?

Alternatively: There are women in the Zone, they're just masked up and hiding it as hard as they can

Nah, fuck you leatherhead

Because GSC were too lazy animating them.

good thing too, because the only women who would be anywhere near the zone would be prostitutes brought in by bandit human traffickers

Desolation doesn't just reduce the number of spawns, it changes the mix for the better. Check out the diffs instead of making assumptions

this fucking error has plagued me for over a month now:

stack trace:

0023:043B5C58 xrGame.dll, CxIOFile::Open()
0023:03F2C2EE luabind.beta7-devel.rc4.dll, luabind::detail::implicit_cast()
0023:5931AC35 lua51.dll, lua_loadx()

[error][ 298] : Too many posts were made to a semaphore.

The only thread on the moddb forums concerning this suggests to change renderer, which is bullshit. I didnt have this problem up until a couple of versions ago and my computer is 100% capable of handling max settings on dx10 and runs like a champ until it fucking crashes.

I dont think its mods either as ive had a bunch of different mod combinations and i still get this shit

this doesnt happen to me on SoC or CoP. Just coc

>dx10
X-ray laughs at your computer, just like it laughs at all computers. It's kind of a hysterical giggle, really.

Now stop with the silly and use dx9 enhanced

I'm installing call of chernobyl right now, any good mods that I should add along with it?

fucking hell m8, dx10 looks so much better dont do this to me

>MUH WET SURFACES

nigga kill yourself

It has two features over dx9 enhanced. Volumetric smoke (not light, that's in dx9) and wet surface shaders. That's it. For that you give up fps by going to a far less optimized renderer. And you increase load times, though this is not a big deal in CoC unlike CS and CoP where it sucks pretty hard.

Do yourself a favor and drop back to dx9 enhanced for an hour and compare the two

ill give it a try, but i suspect this error has nothing to do with the render.

>Check out the diffs
I would if there was a proper mod description instead of "less NPCs".

based on?

How's the economy gonna be effected in weapongulash? AO was retarded in how easy it is to gain cash, but then I think it's retarded that repairing an okay condition AK costs more than anyone will buy them for brand new

Read the code, run windiff. Interesting how you were willing to pronounce it useless even though you knew nothing about it.

just a hunch, because i never had problems with dx10 and coc until the last few patches. And COP with dx10 and graphic additions out the wazoo doesnt have this problem

That said, ive been playing with dx9 enhanced now and the problem hasnt happened yet, so maybe you were right. Thanks.

is it just me or are all these reshade addons look like shit and perform like shit?

and that's why no one uses those

So I've given a quick look at the HD actor pack and while the models seem all good, the rigging could have been better, especially in the elbow and wrist area on some suits

also, why is that that the Monolith SEVA got replaced, but not the vanilla one?

Its WIP, he's planning on doing all suits

If the modder can't be arsed to properly explain what his mod does in the first place then its indeed useless and can fuck right off.

he wrote a pretty clear description you cum gargling millenial

"A variety of mutants" and "less NPCs" is not an accurate description you dunce.

>Significantly reduced the human population in the Zone and increased respawn times.
>Added randomness to where, when, if, and how many squads will spawn in a certain area.
>Added the same variety of mutants as my More Mutants mod, just not as many.
>Increased the respawn time for helos.

i think that's a pretty coherent description

10/10 ending

Yes it is. Those respawn times are one very large difference from the spawn multipliers under options user seems to think covers everything in his blissful ignorance. 1.4 dropped them down to 15mins, the mod bumps them back to a day in many cases. More powerful mutants can show up again even though overall populations are lower. Etc.

>arrive in Dead City to do some business with the mercs
>hear muffled barking and gunshots in the distance
>think nothing of it and start loading off things into Dushman's trade window
>gunshots have subsided, barking intensifies
>suddenly there's dogs flooding in from every fucking entrance to the building

this meme never ends

I like how sometimes it will spawn fuckhuge numbers of WOOF outside of a base and you'll have to defend it.

The only thing that sucks though, is that should be used for blowouts.

So how are you supposed to figure out that Doc is in the swamps? I don't remember anything from the games that would link him to the swamps.

most bases have absolutely no defenses

the Bar has machine guns and sandbags, skadovsk has height advantage and it's basically a fortress anyway, the military base in Agroprom has a patrolling choppers and BTRs at the main access points but other than that most bases are completely open to mutants, which really annoys me.

Fuck, even Freedom's base in the warehouses sucks ass because it's wide open with only a few sentries at the entry. Sure, there's snipers in the towers but the main entry desperately needs a machine gun emplacement or two along with a fuckhuge door or something

How badly does Misery reduce fps by?

I think AF's blowouts are pretty tame, as in it's mainly an excuse for the player to sit around and do nothing for several minutes.

Mutants should spawn in waves DURING blowouts, outside of a defined radius around the player, which means while the player barricades inside of safe areas it should be under siege from aggravated mutants seeking shelter.

This could make blowouts into something that the player would have to actively prepare for, hoarding food, ammo, medical supplies, etc. to survive it.

Ayo Fatal my niggo.
I thought you had given up on Stalkan.

pls

By your IQ

Hey, I'll take a 2 FPS drop anyday.

>I thought you had given up on Stalkan.
I did, and I liked it.

Even if I can't get back into modding I'll at least try contributing something, like a soundtrack.

Pls tell me

Information costs

Ill send nudes pls tell me

MISERY for CoP or the misery adaption for CoC?

the former doesnt have problems with fps so much as it does with stuttering. The latter, a whole fucking lot.

you, uh, you click the wrong tab?

You, uh, you kill yourself? Fucking newfag?

Guess it's a reference i don't get.

He's called the marsh doctor

It's great you're letting everyone know which mods to play or avoid after reading about them. Now they only need to read your words instead of the mod's. Nobody has to play anything ever, now that's fucking cool.

Call of Misery runs much more smoother than CoP Misery for me.

smartass

Thank you

WHEN IS WEAPONGULAG DONE I NEED SOME FAL IN ME

that fal needs some better anims, just saiyan

Does anybody know the download link for SGM's Mp3 files? When I try to play music with the MP3 player it just plays a beep. I'm on 2.2 right now.
I'll kill myself once I get the mp3 files

Assuming it's a precise port of the AO3 one it needs a better everything, but at least it's a FAL. Payday 2 had a pretty decent version, wonder how hard it'd be to port... probably impossible

>that short barrel
ew

The game is in lua and they got a guide on how to make weapon skins, getting the models might be doable.

Yeah, that's pretty fucking ew. It was the best screenshot on Google though :3

yadi
.sk/d/OkiT4FpK81bJu

>selling mutant parts

what fucked up hacked game are you playing bro? The normal stalker games don't have this, cheatmaster.

Kill yourself

angry i called u cheater? why not play the normal stalker as it is supposed to be played, kid? to hard without modding the shit out of games?

',:^) Hello Tejas!

OKOTTEMASU

look at the angry kids ruining games

i bet u guys play on novice too

I play on stalker difficulty, the way it was intended to be played.