/aog/ - Attorney Online General

"You had one job" edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favourite cases, your favourite characters or anything else AA related, it's all welcome here.

>Recent Updates
- AOV Christmas Event is now on: docs.google.com/document/d/1OOw-YfY6A3h2nqqBBot2zDW-w3KgSflqdiowZ9PrIog/edit
- AO2 is still in development. For more information and downloads check: docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
- Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice has been released on iOS and Android devices.

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

Previous case files:

Other urls found in this thread:

nyti.ms/2gKJ3tt
docs.google.com/forms/d/19pFf-TtlTuxLZubCA6mqpRaEksOV8ZewpgFz0PVXU0o/edit
discord.gg/K9wYPa7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for ANIME

Does anyone know how good a port the Apollo Justice iOS port is?

Never let an American do something that you can do yourself.
I'm never going to sleep again.
Fuck you, you cunt yankees.

If you don't stand for white nationalism, you stand for the destruction of the white race.

In my opinion, the sprites look horrible in motion.

So I'm trying to get one of the students to initiate sex with me. She has the right traits I think. But for some reason she won't take me into a room and start the sex. It might be because I'm her teacher. You think she's afraid of others seeing? Do I have to rape her first?

RAPE

Bump.

GROSSBERG YOU FUCKING CUNT STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM PEARL I'M NOT DOING ANOTHER GROSSPEARL CASE YOU GOD DAMN SACK OF WALKING ASS-PIMPLES AND I SWEAR ON THE GRAVE OF YOUR DIABETES INFESTED LINEAGE I WILL BURN DOWN YOUR FUCKING OFFICE IF I HEAR ANOTHER WORD OF THIS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING DEGENERACY THAT YOU CALL 'LIVING'.

Alright. Did they at least keep the dialogue the same, or improve it?

Doubt they changed the script.
There isn't really any need to, except for maybe those two or three typos.

Remember

rape is the defendant. let us defend it.

she's watching you

Did we drop the vanilla anniversary?

I think it kinda stopped at the part where people have ideas but nobody will actually do anything.

I thought it depends solely on the mods now to do something. But yeah, since they don't want the idea, we can't do anything unless someone makes a rogue server.

nyti.ms/2gKJ3tt

BR law

I think it's more that nobody put together a vanilla client yet and people don't agree on what should be in it.

This tbqh

>what should be in it
This is not even a debate. 2D AA only.

>Muh 2D

3D AA is better than 2D, grandpa.

case in point

It's not about 3D being bad. It's about 3D having huge file sizes. There is no way to put all 3D and keep it under 400mb as the idea goes.

That's a much more understandable position and one that makes sense.

Bump

Post Screenshots

kek faggot btfo

wew

Merry christmas

All we need to do is just not use a doc and do everything live

Merri krismas

Yugioh case fully built and ready for people in area 3. It will be based around the 5DS series, so keep that in mind

Lupa doesn't want to make it, the mods are against it, and there's no decision process at all to let people vote on it otherwise.

We really should just make a server poll and vote on it, at least to gauge the actual popularity of the idea.

This

But who makes server polls?
Mods

Do the mods want it?
No

RIP

I don't care if they don't want it, I just wanna know if others do. Google Polls and the thread mean jack shit with all the samefagging and all hte people in the Discord seem to be neutral save for a few.

I'm saying that the mods are the only ones who can make server polls, and if they don't want it they will simply not make it despite the very obvious demands.

Alright here's the ///////unofficial/////// vanilla server/vanilla area poll once more. I'll post it in global in the server too, since a lot of people are on right now. I'll post the results after an hour or so and hopefully the mods see said results so they know the actual server opinion.
docs.google.com/forms/d/19pFf-TtlTuxLZubCA6mqpRaEksOV8ZewpgFz0PVXU0o/edit

We don't need a Google poll, we need a server poll.

Anything other than that can't be trusted.

This.

I honestly don't care whether a vanilla server is made or not, people wanted this poll back on Wendsday so I made it.
I do agree a server poll is better but guess what, the mods dislike the idea of a vanilla server so they're not going to make one. With an unofficial poll like this (which can be rigged but whatever) they might see a reason to actually make one. This isn't meant to actually decide shit.

>so they know the actual server opinion.
Rigging abound but at least if enough vote on this there might be enough numbers to prompt a server poll.

Oh and more about rigging, pic related is the current amount of votes. I'd say that's a fairly normal number personally without rigging.

So I should rig it real fast? You got it, boss.

Everybody is blowing this way out of proportion.
Watch people start yelling that mods rig serverpolls as soon as one gets made for the vanilla server like they already do every thread that doesn't 404 within the first twenty four hours.
It's not like the mods lose anything by making a new temporary server.
Get your head in the game already.

>It's not like the mods lose anything by making a new temporary server.
Then why won't they make a poll :^)

Go in the Lounge and ask that fucking Brit Bong to make a poll.
Report results.

Well whatever, here it is.

KEK. Definitely rigged. Those kinds of results are hilariously bad, considering how many voices are in different directions.

Try again with something actually reliable.

>Definitely rigged
In what way?

Any polling service can be rigged. It's up to the mods to make a server poll. But they don't want to.

>oh no, the result is not what I wanted
>IT'S RIGGED!

Are we the US elections now?

Firstly, there is no 'indifference' option, so the results will be weighted based upon whoever feels strongly on the issue, rather than representing the actual opinion of the community. Options such as "Clean up the current server", "Straighten out the mods", "Be harder on the problem people" and so on are also not present.

Secondly, being that this has been posted in public areas, and areas wherein people who do not have the client installed can vote, as I showed myself. I had 4 friends vote "Yes" to prove this point.

In other words, you want us to have 50 options so people will spread out the votes and nothing will get done?

Quite the opposite.

3 would suffice. "Indifferent", "Vanilla", "Lite, "No".

Easy. Simple.

>3 would suffice
>lists 4 options
>as if 4 wouldn't spread the votes to begin with

It should be two polls.
a) Server or area?
b) Yes or no?

And that's all.

>Options such as "Clean up the current server", "Straighten out the mods", "Be harder on the problem people" and so on are also not present.
You're asking the person to include options for entirely unrelated issues to the one we're discussing. This is about making an anniversary vanilla server, not what needs to be done to fix the server

>Question: Make a new lite server?
>Answer 1: Clean up the current server.
>Answer 2: Straighten out the mods.
>Answer 3: Be harder on the problem people.

You are a fucking idiot.

>"Straighten out the mods", "Be harder on the problem people"
I'm coming back after a 5 month long break, what exactly happened? Did some retard/'corrupt' person become a mod and Lupa refuses to do anything about them?

Welp, I'm retarded and can't count. Kek.
I agree, though.

In fact, the issue is of new players, correct? Many voices have repeatedly posited that it is not the download, but in fact the community that keeps the population low. Thus, those mentioned are in fact factors to consider. Perhaps not in a poll, but things to consider, at least.

Just a touching point. More consistent administration or more powerful tools was my implication.

Lupa quit being a mod. After he quit we went low on players. So he re-appeared with an idea to get people back, but nothing seems to be getting done. That's the tl;dr of it.

Lupadim left, and now he's back after a few months asking for a vanilla server and people are shitposting about it.

>Just a touching point. More consistent administration or more powerful tools was my implication.
What do you suggest? Mods have been doing their job the same way for many months and no one has complained until now.

Take a page from SS13. A notes system, temp bans, appeal/complaint area, etc.

More sophisticated tools for the administration is good for everyone in the end.

You can mod SS13, but the AO client is so more shit and complicated.

>A notes system,
?

>temp bans
All bans on AOV are temporary

>appeal/complaint area
We have a discord for that, not the community discord, a seperate one where anyone can post messages, but only mods can read them.

>More sophisticated tools for the administration
We got those with the new server months back, the one that added /getarea and stuff for everyone. It made mods be informed of any calls immediately and specifically say where and what are, and allowed to arrive as quickly as possible.

I know that much, but there's no stopping them from implementing this third-party, dig? A little extra legwork won't kill them.

>All bans on AOV are temporary
Actually they are all permanent, mods need to go out of their way to unban

That's due to the way the client is made, they always make sure to unban them at a specific time/date. Lewdton has explained this numerous times. It's part of his routine.

>notes system
What exactly fo you mean?
I am not familiar with SS13.

>temp bans
We have appeals instead.
Plus I don't think the client can do temp bans.

>appeal/complaint area
Again, I don't think the client works that way.
You can appeal and complain using the official mod discord server.

Speaking of which here is the link to said MOD CONTACT discord. It's accessible from the main AOV doc.
discord.gg/K9wYPa7

>A notes system
Keeping track of who is a shitter and who isn't with specific evidence is incredibly beneficial. Line-toeing is a real thing. Sadly, without people namefagging it's problematic to implement.

>Temp bans
>appeal/complaint area
Wasn't aware of this.

>tools for the administration
This is just a summary of everything else I said.

>Keeping track of who is a shitter and who isn't
They do that already with IPs.

>
And you not being aware about the mod contact discord is a problem, the link to it should be in the MOTD on the server.

Current MOTD is christmas stuff.

Which is exactly my point, I meant it should be changed to include the discord contact link.
Add a sentence after being "Need to contact a mod directly? Go to [mod contact discord link]!

It's nobody's problem if people don't check the main doc
which is the hub for
literally everything AOV related.
From updates and events to strawpolls and rules and other shit inbetween.

bump

>there's a fucking stepladder on the image
lmao

Just need a steno and second witness for the yugioh case in area 3

oh jesus christ

I want to brush Ginasteno's teeth!

Did DGS Olga ever get finished?

People still play yugioh?

Nope but card games on motorcycles.

Literal apple when?

When Kirby comes back

Do people still rip? I'm coming back from a break and I noticed Trick's SoJ footage mega has not been updated at all.

Are trick and Arizona gone or something?

Trick was banned and Arizona is a faggot.
Regardless they both still submit footage once in a blue boom.

We also have some user doing DGS footage.
Check the last thread for some nice DGS rips.