Is there any way to transform a regular modern starter to crank?

Is there any way to transform a regular modern starter to crank?
I'd imagine this would require to just change the main bolt on the crankshaft to allow a crank tool to engage and leave the bolt quickly. Right?

I feel this could be trendy as fuck, specially because of the robustness that would allow you to start with an 100% success rate.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DArvPMlxHeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VnTWvTLU0Mc
youtu.be/zcBE8HEAyi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Engines today are not that heavy, I've been able to turn mine with just a wrench.

just weld the key to the end of a crank

If you drove standard you'd know that you can start cars by just leaving the key turned and in gear while moving to make the engine turn. It's really the same concept but stationary...

No. Modern cars aren't set up for it. You need electricity to run the fuel pump and tell the computer when to fire the coils the injectors.

See By modern i mean 80s and above.

if you can turn a del sol into an MR, you sure as shit can make engine start with a crank

Yeah well it takes actual muscle to hand crank an engine so that means most of you lot couldn't

sik burn m8

Yeah bro

Also why even bother when efi goes bang every time?

Newer engines are much easier to crank than when crank was used. You really think a tiny Miata engine wouldn't be able to turn with a few cranks? I think it'd pretty funny.

that chicks shoulders are broader than most 4chaners

You ever yank a recoil starter on a two cylinder? That takes some spine.

>it so ez!
Watch this man start putting actual effort into starting one of these bastards
youtube.com/watch?v=DArvPMlxHeQ
Good luck with modern high compression engines.

You'd just need someone to turn it over for you or wire some kind of remote ignition

Literally what's the fucking point

youtube.com/watch?v=VnTWvTLU0Mc

Why is there no swing?

why not something that spring loads and then unwinds

Seeing as hand started engines usually have a static compression ratio of between 6:1 and 8:1 while still often incorporating a decompression starting system yes, it should be fully expected that you have buckleys fucking chance of effectively hand starting a modern engine.

If you want to drive the point home for yourself, see if you can start your engine with a half inch drive rattle gun. The majority will not and no user here can apply the same twisting force at the same rate as a rattle gun.

Fucking gnarly and common. There are many good reasons we don't start spark ignition motors like this commonly.

Inertia starter. Works well.

That's actually a Russian rain shelter to provide cover while squatting.

it doesn't matter how heavy it is my boy when if it starts with your hand still on the crank it will give your tibia a right whack

Why use a crank when you can use a piece of rope?

youtu.be/zcBE8HEAyi4

That picture is the most Slav thing I have ever seen.

>If you want to drive the point home for yourself, see if you can start your engine with a half inch drive rattle gun. The majority will not and no user here can apply the same twisting force at the same rate as a rattle gun.

I tried that with a 5hp Techumseh once. The starter rope broke. I twisted the end off the crankshaft. A rattle gun/impact produces large torque in short bursts. Trying to crank an engine with one is industrial strength stupid. My 1/2 impact didn't turn the engine, and it's a pull start.

It's nice. Cool guys hanging around. Classic motorcycle. Gorgeous blond with no pants on. Slavs are awesome.

>for longitudinal engines it needs to pass through the radiator
>for transverse engines it needs to pass through a wheel

I start my moped with my foot, just kick the flywheel with a boot on and it spins it enough to start up, shit is pretty kek

Are you fucking stupid??? You CANNOT crank a modern engine fast enough to start it by hand because of the compression ratio. You actually think a model T engine was harder to crank than a modern shitbox engine? Fuck no.