>Be italian
>Want to start a little website to earn some extra money
>make 50 euros every month = 600 € in a year
>nicey nicey :)
OOOOOOOOOOOPPPSSS SORRY YOU HAVE TO PAY 3120€ OF TAXES

>Made -2520€ negative income for opening a website
>Close the website forever
Th-thanks renzie, I guess...

punish small businesses and then wonders why unemployment is extremely high.

Wut
How can you pay 500% of your income in taxes? What the fuck did you do?

Businesses are taxed 20% of income PLUS 3000€ year
You can start a website only if you already have a job to pay for the negative income or if you have already a job where you are required to pay that 3000 tax

If you don't earn anything (0€ income) from your website you don't have to pay the tax, only the hosting

and if you make $1?

Goy, business is bad, you're worker.

>Th-thanks renzie, I guess...
It's, technically, berlusconi fault.

I don't buy it. What kind of bullshit system is that op?

Looked it up, 2900€/year minimum of tax if your e-commerce activity isn't something you do occasionally unbelievable but it's true

Good thing I don't live in italy.

Italy is in the EU, maybe you could start your website in another country.

OP have you talked to a tax accountant? Maybe there's some obscure laws that you can take advantage of.

And consider moving to spain, they seem to have a very comprehensible tax system in place. I'm freelancing in germany and slowly starting to get fed up with the constant stress of taxes and regulations, and living in fear of being hit with some fine for having forgotten to pay this and that tax. Spain seems inviting desu.

JAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJAJAJAJJAAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAAJAAJJAjJAJAJAJAJAJAajjajajajJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

JAJAAJAJAJAJ

Is that a no? Fuck. It said so on the internet.

Same thing applies for the U.S.

It's called the Self Employment tax, was hit with $3500 last year.

Completely threw me off

You'll be fine if nobody snitches on you to the authorities, but no, it's impossible to comply with all the regulations. First there are the national and then the Autonomic. And if your business is in real life the locals.

No one complies with all of them cause it's impossible, but if you have an enemy you're screwed.

I've done my internship in the public sector and not even they comply with them all.

SE is different though, that's a flat 15% of your gross income. I know because it's the only tax I have to pay, my income is so low.
It sucks, but I don't think it can push you into the red. Not great for small businesses, but not as bad as Europe

€1*

>possibility of negative income due to tax
Holy shit, it sounds as bad as Bernie Sanders' plan to tax losing stock trades.

How's it feel to be retarded?

So what I am getting from this thread is that I should start shorting the Italian Lira, because with taxes like this you are the next in line to have a major economic Armageddon.

Side note: If I wanted to buy an investment property in Italia for 80,000-250,000 where would you recommend? Where is is both comfy and developing rather then going to shit? Thanx in advance.

In the US there are several states that have minimum business taxes. For example California has a minimum business tax of $800 per years and they force you to pay that nomatter if you make any money or lose money or even if its a dummy shell business it doesnt matter you have to pay. I've heard of cases of people who have a shell business entity just for holding a website which makes no money and then they move out of state and dont pay their business tax and California came chasing after them and got a court order to take the $800 from their bank account. And California is not the only state with minimum business franchise tax but I think they are the most aggressive in shaking you down for the money they think you owe them.

prende male 2bh