I'm looking to buy a used hot hatch as a daily driver (don't want to spend more than £2500)

I'm looking to buy a used hot hatch as a daily driver (don't want to spend more than £2500).
Currently im swaying towards the old st fiesta, pic related. It Iooks like a great car on paper, and cost of insurance seems reasonable considering it's a 2.0l turbo.
Firstly, does anyone have experience with this car? Opinions?
Secondly, what other options are there?
Golf GTI would be amazing but decent condition examples are out of my price range, and even the mk5 GTIs look dated now, to my eye at least.

Get an EP3 Civic Type R.
Great bang for your buck.

>cheap
>fast
>reliable
pick two.

import a twingo.

you don't have twingos in bongland?

punto GT

I have one, it isn't a turbo btw. It's 2.0l NA

The insurance is reasonable because the engine is heavily restricted so is slower than comparable hot hatches. E.g. the 206 gti or Clio 182. Handles better though.

It's a fun car but it's lacking in power which can get frustrating.

Wow never seen the old fiestas.

Looks hell of a lot better than the hand vacuum that is the current fiesta

fiestas are ugly

get a turbo sonic

it's basically a baby focus st
except it's faster and handles better than a focus st
>good 1 ford
so ye, it's a nice little car.
try get a mk6 with the heated seats, interior that doesn't make you vomit inside your mouth each time you look at it, and fancy rear splitter.

My R53 works is all of those things

>R53
>reliable

>hot hatch

My first (and only other) car was an Alfa, so maybe I don't know any better

>a 2.0l turbo
but it's not it's an N/A 150hp miata engine

just get mk V GTI and forget about the problem
put jetta bumper for sleeper value

>no turbo

ye sorry.
i had just been browsing vauxhall/opel astra vxr's on feabay so 2l turbo was on my brain.

>but it's not it's an N/A 150hp miata engine
i had actually considered an mx5.
but the fiesta is the same weight as a NA mx5, has 4 seats, a boot which you can actually put stuff in and a roof that wont leak.

Spit my fucking coffee everywhere
Lmao

Corolla T-sport might be worth looking into. 1.8 turbo and I imagine being a corolla insurance will be cheap and the car will be reliable

The Corolla T-sport doesn't have a turbo either. It's a high revving NA engine attached to a gearbox with the wrong ratios so it drops off the performance cam between second and third.

It's not a turbo.
Some of them were supercharged.

>R53
>bmw
>reliable

Yep my bad. It was a supercharger not a turbo

Get it. You said about insurance and the MK6 Fiesta ST is just the right level of factory detuned to allow you to redline the car and still have money for other things, like living. Even though pretty much all insurance quotes are algorithm generated, put a EP3 Type R in a search and all the insurers databases will smell the hashish from the drivers window a mile off.

the mk1 is only available as in import
mk2 and mk3 are/were sold here in RHD

The T-sport doesn't look too bad either, apart from the unfortunate proportions in the front.

>import a twingo.

2.5 Twingos

Ausfag here. I bought one of these new in 2008. Sold it in 2014 as my wife and I were buying a house.

Great fun to drive. Most fun of every car I've owned. Would buy my one back if I knew where it was now.

If you actually think a fiesta looks better than a sonic it's time to an hero

Mk 6 fiestas can look pretty good.

just look for rust.