[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Lolis on motocompos edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR THE NEXT SEM LOCATION
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound

>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/5892576002.html
amazon.it/gp/product/B01FQDY8N0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3OI3LRK7WT20W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gayest OP ever
gj

How much should I pay for a 2014 r3 with 2500 miles in Salt Lake city Utah?

50 shells

What size?

Sicuro che non interpretino in modo diverso da regione a regione o stronzate del genere?
No perchè sarebbe veramente ironico farsi confiscare la moto per una stronzata del genere prima ancora che inizi la mia prima stagione.

Comunque pensavo di mettere un piccolo parabrezza, che arriva appena al di sopra del contachilometri, e se, come dici, dovesse essere legale magari togliere il portatarga.
Gli specchietti di serie non mi dispiacciono affatto.

Ma perchè sta differenza tra carenate e non?

Not a lolI but here's a girl.on a hoonda

>poolentone

>tfw wanna try a supersport
>like post 2009 r1 ALOT
>dont think anyone would buy my bike if i put it up on craigslist

feelsbadman

which bike?

I nostri poliziotti non sanno neanche come funziona una moto...
Il vero rischio sono gli svizzeri

In qualsiasi parte del mondo, ma in particolare su da voi verso i crucchi qualsiasi moto che vagamente ricordi quelle che vedono in gara la domenica gli sembra un pirata della strada e le multe se inventano pur di dartele

I'd buy it I'm in for a beater bitch

wr 250

Ah e nella forestale sono schifosi
Per fortuna da noi hanno rifatto legale l'enduro e ora rosicano :)

its a 2011 fz8. I could probably get around 4k for it if anyone actually bought it.

i'm not but to answer your question, yeah.
there's no big war so i have no other reason to exist

Ayyy
I'll make sure to dedicate the next polenta I eat to you.
Mah, se sono solo multe pazienza.

> er verbringt nicht seinen gesamten Geburtstag im Internet mit fremden Leuten
Lmao
> was war hier gestern los
Ich hab dir zum Geburtstag gratuliert du Lümmel.

>mfw Kawasaki uses red Loctite on Phillips/JIS screws

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/5892576002.html

>bike has scratches and shit cause it actually gets ridden and not garaged
>i suck at riding and crashed my once nice bike a lot

dies uezs
>fr kurden und gäste
kys

man that is scenic as fuck, post more sicc scenery Amir

>kys
Warum?
Don't have anymore like that.

Soup /dbt/

I semi-recently got an 03 CBR600 and I've noticed that once it has warmed up, it will vary its rpms when I am holding the throttle steady. Not a crazy amount, but they will rise and fall cyclically and I can feel it.

Under hard acceleration it sounds like the engine is climbing steps if that makes any sense. RPM rises with throttle input, tries to do the cyclical drop, but instead holds steady instead of a smooth rise in rpm overall.

I hope I'm explaining this in a way that makes sense.

Any advice? Ruled out clogged air filter. No rust in tank, but have not ruled out an issue with the fuel filter.

anybody in here ride a cruiser? recently got into morotcycling, put 4700 miles on my Honda Shadow 750 in just under 3 months and it feels great, but all I see on here is sportbikes, I know theyre fast, but what the feck?

>kurden

I had an 1100 shadow, had highway pegs + mid apes. Comfy as an loved it when the bike actually ran

thats because cruisers are incredibly lame, slow and boring.

because crooser are slow and gay. and you can't lean like the niggas from Isle of Mann

Hopefully the rain clears so I can put some more ks on this. Only done 120 so far, need to get to 1000 so I can get the first service and start revving it

I always thought /dbt/ tends to focus on sport standards and adventure bikes.

because adventure bikes and touring bikes do the same thing as cruisers but with a higher capability overall and even better comfort.

And there are plenty of adventure and touring bike owners on /dbt/.

dual sporrt > ADV

adventure is for oldfag homos

they are slow, but man theyre comfy
i cant pull off any anyone, but maybe thats because I cant ride for shit

Pretty jelly. That is currently the best looking sport bike imo.

ill check it out then thanks user

>not hard break in

lmao cuck

never owned one of either, and hadn't been that interested in them.
I do like the idea of an older honda CL, though. Something small displacement that I could pick up and carry into my apartment would be neat.

how good is the tank on that bike? you put some tank grips on and you're like velcroed to the fucking bike my dude.

Thanks man, all the other color schemes on the 750s are horrible this year

>Implying you've ever broken a bike in before. Stay cucked. Do you share your girlfriend too?

Honestly man, I am pretty experienced when it comes to the buying and selling of motorcycles and I think a fair value (based on the actual functionality and utility offered by the R3, not just market pricing) is between $3,000 and $3,500.

Now, I would never fucking spend $3.5k on a 320cc bike but I can understand the appeal of it.

By no means is it worth anywhere close to $4k. Just laugh at him and maybe even spit on him if he even suggests a price near $4k

>los angeles

WALL. NOW

Sounds like a fueling issue. Bike fi or carbed?

So far so good. After testing out all the other big 4 bikes this was the one I found fit me the best. Tank pads, mirrors and tail tidy are on the urgent list of things to get. Im not to keen on massive tank pads on the side covering half the paint just yet. Hoping to find something that fits the color scheme and isnt to obvious. What tank pads do you use?

>being this butthurt

hey man thats on you if you wanna cuck yourself

I assume carbed, they may need to be rebuilt.

if it is carbed i would check the float adjustment, could be set too low so that you empty the bowl before it can refill

I don't have a 750, the L1+ model I rode had the clear tank grips though so you can go that option if you like, they worked fine and you can see the paint through it.

Nah, its FI.

Sounds like your fi system might be fucked up... I'm not an expert but maybe you could try a remap of the fi system, don't know how much that would fix but it might be worth it to try

Sport-Touring is the best of all worlds. Not the greatest on the track though.

The map will be fine, it's a map. That won't have changed.

It'll be something like an airbox sensor or a throttle position sensor or blocked injectors if it's "surging" because the bike is thinking it's getting different amounts of air or fuel to what it is.

Kunden, retard.
Got something agains kurds, nigga?
>anybody in here ride a cruiser?
Yes, my boyfriend ;^)

why did you switch to kawasaki ;_;

Out of the japs definitely agree, even new cbr in person looks too plastic-ish.

I've been trying to decide on getting clear or subtle carbon looking ones. Of course someone always has something bad to say online about everything, and after reading alot of forum posts apparently clear ones can end up looking worse than black when they get a little worn and old. I'll keep it pad free for the first month then bite the bullet when it doesn't feel so new. Good to hear clear worked for you.

Why do people like to rear end motorcycles?

Car drivers are so retarded.

>Kunden, retard.
da wurdst wohl ganz schön krass gemem't :-)

And a lot cheaper too

I'm not getting the FI warning light, so the bike's computer doesn't think anything is wrong, though it clearly is.
I hope it'll be a matter of cleaning something that got gunked up and being off.

Cars get rear ended a lot too...

in their defense, its hard to see sometimes because we don't have the brakes pulled in 24/7

I'm thinking about getting a disk lock with an alarm, is something like this good?

amazon.it/gp/product/B01FQDY8N0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3OI3LRK7WT20W

>I was only pretending
Sure.

Mine does it while cruising on the highway
Is if perchance ride by wire?

UR MOM GETS REAR ENDED A LOT, TOO
BY MY DICK LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

Whens the last time you've been rear ended? 5 year on the road and its never happened to me, not even close.

I'm of the opinion big black tank grips about fucking don't really visually impact it much considering all the textured accents on the 750 anyway, I like how they look.

literally just today.

Mudguard and indicators have been smashed off completely.

>Why do people like to rear end motorcycles?

You do realize that rear end accidents are the most common type of auto accident, right?

>inb4 something something rear end accident with your mom.

>Inb4
It already happened my friend.

I am leaning towards something like that. That looks pretty good. I'll still keep it pad free for a bit to fully enjoy the aesthetics

I drive 60ks everyday. Have done for the past 7 years. Never have I been in an accident.

Do you have insurance? What bike is it? Is it garaged? If someone wants your particular bike they'll pick it up and put it in a van.

>0-4 play civ
>5-9 watch adventure time

on the subject I'm surprised you want to replace the mirrors, GSX-Rs have the best mirrors on any sportbike I've ridden. They work great.

>Kids show
>Not Stephen Universe
Eek!

Nope. Cables.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

had a question about my scooter, recently dumped a ton of cash into it and it doesnt run very well

starts and idles fine, seems to have power in the low end but after it hits peak rpm (13000 or so) it loses all power and dies, will not restart

it acts like its flooding, but runs very hot
ive tried every jet under the sun, maybe i need a bigger carb to handle high rpm?

No insurance, no garage, unfortunately. Baiku is If they actually pick the bike up to put it in a van that shit should make a lot of noise, if nothing else. I'm only interested in knowing if the quality of that shit is good and if I have any alternatives.

What do you recommend to avoid that? Can't insure it against theft with my current company. Any useful device?

I'm around 6ft and 90% of what I see is my shoulders. It is better than a cbr I tested which may as well of had no mirrors at all. If I tuck my elbow it's a little better but my last bike I out bar end mirrors on and had a clear view at all times. Cosmetically I think bar ends look cheap which is a Shame, but I don't want to pull away from a traffic light hauling ass oblivious to a cop behind me.

Similar problem with my dad's scooter, though it doesn't seem to be impacted by rpm.
Starts and runs fine for about 1/8th - 1/4 of a mile, then it dies.
He's tried everything, he says. Installed a fuel filter, cleaned the carbs about a million times, had to use a single strand of copper from a braided speaker wire to get into the jet and still it persists.

Get theft insurance. Get a garage. Even though I have both I still have my steering locked, and put a heavy chain through my wheel.

We have had 5 cars windows smashed and everything inside taken on a busy street where I live and no one heard a thing. Don't let noise be a deterrent. Half the time I hear car alarms going off I don't even react unless it doesn't go off for 30seconds since they go off for no reason.

Don't let that make you paranoid though, majority of bikes will never get stolen.

Get the fuck out with your libtard shit you filthy nigger.

I'm working with all new parts, unfortunately nothing is stock so I dont have any baseline settings to start with... thinking of giving up and taking it to a performance shop

kek, always glad to be of service.

>SOON.jpg

Oh bolzanon
I have exactly the same thing, if you put it on the front wheel it can be a pretty good deterrent, the motion activated ones scream even if you roll the wheels

Battery lasted 2 years, now it's iffy

Use it as a noise alarm, a bar and a good kick can break it, but it'll alert you

Plus relax, it's an SV

I don't have a garage, I live with my father. And I just got the insurance, the company won't insure any bike older than 10 years or some shit for theft.

So, again, any devices better than that disk lock against theft?

Ich war anderweitig beschäftigt :^)
>Ich hab dir zum Geburtstag gratuliert du Lümmel.
Merci du Lümmel

removing the wheels.

that's why some instructors here suggest just tapping the rear brake very lightly while engine braking and standing on it while at stoplight or stopped somewhere else. its all about visbility

Chain it to something through the framr, leave it in first and in a well lit area

GP shift pattern.

Can you park your bike out of sight? Disk lock would deter a theft so may as well get it. I doubt many people would try and steal your bike.

Could always look at renting a garage if your really worried. I rent one a few houses down, wouldn't live without it.

etwa mit deinem Lümmel? :^)))

>Implying they won't throw it in the back of a Ute and drive off 10 seconds later.
>Implying the next day it won't be in parts.
>Implying 2 days later it hasn't been put together in a legal frame they purchased as a right off bike
>Implying a week later one of you anons haven't purchased it off Craigslist

Eh, I got 3 bicycles stolen already.
Niggers will lift it on the van, I'm sure they'll find a way.
Is a chain really that better than a disk lock? Won't they just cut one the same way the cut the other?
I'm poor, I'd rather spend that money on gear, if possible.
Uh? How should that make it harder to steal it?