/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 17th:
546 – Siege of Rome: The Ostrogoths under king Totila plunder the city, by bribing the Byzantine garrison.
1398 – Sultan Nasir-u Din Mehmud's armies in Delhi are defeated by Timur.
1586 – Go-Yōzei becomes Emperor of Japan.
1807 – Napoleonic Wars: France issues the Milan Decree, which confirms the Continental System.
1819 – Simón Bolívar declares the independence of Gran Colombia in Angostura.

>News
CK2 Facts about Artifacts, Real talk about Relics
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-34-facts-about-artifacts-real-talk-about-relics.988111/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/lnqota1e6j2luxx/V2patch3_03.rar
lparchive.org/Paradox-Hohenzollern/
mega.nz/#!DVZ22JTY!QJ7GoTc2gtesC1JcNEPCwhPqvxZmm5ZLQuYdGBHE8Q8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

White

Based

We'z da Empurer now

Nice meme

Is there a working Yet Another Modern Day Mod version for HOI3 anywhere ??

W&B

Why won't the NGF add their wargoal of Alsace Lorraine against France? This is the second war I have started for them against the French but they refuse to take the opprtunity I am trying to give them.

/gsg/ on suicide watch

Not enough warscore
Not enough Jingoism
Dumb AI

Take your pick

tag over to them and do it yourself

Imagine being BIG_BENIS right now.

Must be fucking embarrassing.

Beato didn't get a sekrit route in the end did she?

Why? Are we supposed to hate Star Wars or something?

W & B

wew

>another HOI3 Germanboo

YAWN.

I have hundreds of hours in HoI3 with all kinds of different nations. I'm so sorry that Paradox can't make good games anymore.

Which is the simplest gs game? I don't want to put 100s of hours in.

So you play Germany for the 100th time? Nice logic.

actually probably vicky. eu4 is such a colossal clusterfuck.

If you don't know what you're doing in Vicky you can really fuck up though. EU4 is a lot more forgiving.

So I play any random nation, including Germany, for the 100th time and do different things. You sure are triggered.

How can one man be so based?

Is HPM dead?

EU4 is easy as fuck.. all you do is take out a million loans and conquer the planet

maybe it's time to put on the big boy pants and move onto better games

Like what? Play Vicky2 for the 500th time? Play DH for the 200th time?

and also so white

Wargames desu

he is obviously talking about minecraft. the true by boy pants game

>Gee instutions sure are balanced :^)

Minecraft is for autistic children

Dwarf Fortress is for autistic adults

what happened, the institutions spawned in japan?

The series? I don't really like it that much. I just want East vs West and a non-shit Vick3

>tfw EvW is going to be a shitty HoI4 expansion

dont worry laddo. Liquor babbies are just trying to justify that they have the 'most superior realistic indepth gsg' game award. In reality they are crippled by self doubt and anger over the fact that liquoria is a dogshit game with auitsitic and unrealistic game mechanics.d The dude trying to fight with you probably has 50000 grossliquorgermanium games

War games*
Stuff like War in the East, The Operational Art of War,...

Oh yeah I have those on a list of stuff I absolutely want to play at one point but haven't gotten towards that road yet. In the future for sure though.

so is liquor a victoria 2 issue or an hpm issue? if an hpm issue, why doesnt he just fix it?

War in the East makes HoI look like a kid's game. It's everything I ever wanted, shame it takes a lot of time to learn.

I think I won the Great Game.

It's a historical issue, there is no fix

proof?

absolutely white

>there's an Arabia charter
this changes everything

anybody got a link to Victoria 2 patch 3.03?

So what are you going to do. Jew them to the end? Cover jawing them by saying you'll convert the their lands?

The question is - do you believe you're the Emperor?

I'm still holding out hope.

nvm found it

mediafire.com/download/lnqota1e6j2luxx/V2patch3_03.rar

dont click it's viru's

Vickys difficulty varies by country, you can play the easiest fucking game as the USA, the have a hard, focusing grind game as an Indonesian Minor, its variation sets it apart, with EU4, you can do basically the same thing as each nation throughout the game and achieve the same result. Honestly Vicky 2 is way easier than some people think, my first game, before I knew about liquor and bureaucrats, before I knew of the console, before anything, the only thing that fucked me over was the infamy limit, that I was unaware of.
literally "hurr whats easy whats hard" is retarded, play the fucking game, if you dont get something, play it some more and if you really dont know, then fucking google it.

Which of the following 2 would you guys recommend?
HOI3 or Darkest Hour?

DH

Hoi3

>gain egyptian as an accepted culture randomly by event
>the provinces are turning christian by themselves

i thought MEMIOU & Taxes made the game harder

>playing anything besides based liquoria with grandi mod
baka

they both suck

It depends what you are after. Darkest Hour is more fun in the traditional sense of paradox games while HoI3 is more railroaded but has much better combat.

Play them both as they each scratch a different itch.

DH is pretty comfy with all the various technologies you can reasearch and the borders are bearable

I'm more about the DH AARs than the actual game though desu

can someone link hoi4. the link in archive now has a login to see feature so if someone already has 1.3 link can you send it pls ^_^

You mean the cs.rin.ru link?Just create a fucking account then

yeah but it looks like ebola and doesnt even allow microsoft emails to signup

/gsg/, which school of foreign policy is your policyfu?

>waah I can't be bothered to do something as easy as creating an account so I want people to spoonfeed me the link
And why would they allow (((microsoft))) emails to signup?Do people still use that?

charlemagne what are you doing
stop

Dialectical materialism

Neoclassical realism is the way of patricians.

>unironically a commie

(((constructivism)))

realism

So is there any way to create a substate or whatever the Qing puppets from the start of the game are called, either via modifying a save or through an event/decision?

Does the spy network system in EU4 make blobbing even easier than it was ~2 years ago (last time I played)?

Doesn't it allow you to fabricate claims on a single nation multiple times in a row so long as you've built up enough network? Can't remember if that's any different from the old system.

DH is slightly less wargamey (in the sense that setting up your OOB doesn't take hours like it does with HoI3), but you get much more events, decisions, and certain things to customize. Also, mods are a lot easier to make (and thus, way more of them and way more good ones). Also way easier to convert from V2.

THE NATIONAL ANTHIEM OF QING

what the fuck is this

Some guy took an grand game AAR starting from EUIII (I think) to Vic2 and made a mod for DH from it.

It's wiz megacampaign

lparchive.org/Paradox-Hohenzollern/

Link motherfucker.
NOW !

WE WUZ KANGZ AND WE KANGZ NAU

Hegemonia mod, a DH adaptation of an ye olde TC game all the way from CK.

There are other good ones though, along with Kaiserreich which is in a league all it's own.

Until really the post WWII-era and the spread of modern water treatment practices, liquor was pretty much a staple for everybody, because it was actually safe to drink.

Just a quick question: Which EUIV DLC is the most important/best?

>Dialectical materialism

"Hey guise, let's take materialism and inject it with all manner of idealized abstractions, what could possibly go wrong?"

just pirate it

Will take you some months to get 20 spy network to fabricate a claim. Cost increases either with the amount of claims you have in that cunt(25 for the second, I believe, and so on), so there's that.

Honestly don't know if that makes blobbing harder or not, never went too much on that route there.

art of war is near universally considered the most important.

but just pirate all the DLC.

How often does one change country in a grand campaign for it not to get stale?

mega.nz/#!DVZ22JTY!QJ7GoTc2gtesC1JcNEPCwhPqvxZmm5ZLQuYdGBHE8Q8

Anyone wanna play paint.exe mulitiplayer?

Here's my save, about to launch operation liquorossa

Which European area should I play in?

No muzzos

art of war and common sense

>cobrah still trying to force his unfunny memes after everyone ignored it the first time

Remember when you tried to imitate Yung Yohan?

^this is a grandipost
Direct all your (you)s to me instead.

based

@162990527
not based

WE

Is there any good post ww2 /gsg/ game

There was a constructivist on the M&T forums a while back. He didn't like 2.0.