Hey Veeky Forums im looking for an cheap, oem looking radio that would blend into my 88 camaros interior...

hey Veeky Forums im looking for an cheap, oem looking radio that would blend into my 88 camaros interior. It would have to have an aux port and cd player

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xgxTk0Bv2pM
youtube.com/watch?v=i5xYsDhhA1M
youtube.com/watch?v=XHSYAlsIc2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

just use a tape to aux adapter with the stock radio.

Retrosound Newport - 1.5 DIN like your GM, no CD, but aux in, USB and Bluetooth, looks like it was designed by GM...

This

i dont wont shitty audio quality

thats a bit out of my price range but id be really nice to have one

Just get a JVC/Pioneer and turn the leds off?

It what ive been running for years

It's not shitty. It's perfectly adequate.

Keep the car volume low-medium and control the volume with your phone/ipod.

this, I use a tape to aux adapter for my mustang and the audio quality is absolutely fine provided you understand which volumes to have set

brand new~

Dude, I'm with you.

A couple months back, someone actually made a thread like this about favorite DINs. And someone posted one that was perfect. It had the retro look, aux, and maybe even some equalizer knobs/sliders.

I didn't get to the save the name or a picture and haven't been able to find it since. I remember they mentioned boat style DINs in the thread, but I keep coming up short.

My Silverado ate my adapter just after I bought it. Cable's been hanging out for close to 4 years now.

I have one and it's absolute shit. No bass, just super tinny audio quality. You also have to spend 5 mins perfecting the sound levels otherwise it's not even listenable.

It's your car not the adapter. My friend and brother both used one and it was fine. In an 01 beetle and 01 rodeo.

It's shitty. You just have baby boomer ears used to shit if you think those adapters provide a single bit of "adequate" audio quality

Can't you just rewire the cassette player and connect an aux imput instead?

youtube.com/watch?v=xgxTk0Bv2pM
I WANT THIS CAR
it looks god damn awesome and not bloated and its fucking new
e

could it be? motor companies are once again realizing that the boxy design is better than the soapbar?

so either keep saving or settle for some ricey shit. there is no other option besides pic related

Not that I give a shit about crash safety, but there is that

youtube.com/watch?v=i5xYsDhhA1M

that IS soapbar design. that's what the rounded off edges are

when i say soapbar im referring more to the honda civic shape

Bless you user cause I was literally gonna make this exact post, just with an 86 Turd Gen

Thinking about falling for the meme and using cause there's a convenient flat ashtray on the center in front of the radio but I don't know how good it'll work

Crash tests are for suckers.
You shouldn't be crashing your cars, and the cars the majority of us want to drive fail crash tests miserably anyway.

>It would have to have an aux port
AUX port is best provided by an external RF adapter. It takes AUX input from your device (such as iPOD) and converts it to an FM radio type signal that you then tune in on your FM radio at whatever frequency you selected. The power comes from the accessory power slot.

Nissan is going to produce b13 sentras again?

Don't do it boys, I have one of these for miniature hobby projects, they're not meant for any serious audio, will not sound good in a car. These are meant for under 4" speakers and have lousy frequency reproduction.

Rather get something that has an actual amplification unit, or get a BT DSP and run an amplifier, feed the OEM radio through a LOC to the amplifier or DSP as a secondary source. Unless you want to be sad in your car, don't cheap out on the audio.

Welp, going down the IIHS crash test video hole

youtube.com/watch?v=XHSYAlsIc2I