Toyota General
>winter tires edition

Sister Honda thread
Vids:

>user's SC400 Auto Xing
youtube.com/watch?v=bTuCah00p-U

>user's cammed Corolla
youtube.com/watch?v=c64OwkPQ8PI

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Last thread:

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related

What should I choose:
Mark II X100 2.0 (1g-fe)
Celica 6th gen with 3s-ge
Levin ae110 with 4age or 4afe
I live in Siberia, so I should be able to drive don't paying attention to the snow.
Everyone here buy Marks for dorifto, but I choose my first car and I'm not sure will I be able to drive Mark safely.
And I want to know what is the price of this cars in the USA, here any of these cars will cost me about 3500$
For now I have experience of driving 2007 Ford Fusion (European Fusion, it was pretty shit because of 1.4 engine)

You're still keeping the fusion right? I'd go with the Levin

Hello friends i have a quick question as i'm very poorly versed in the i6 engines Toyota has.

Is it true that the NA 2J is terrible for boosting? I'm looking at soarers to make fast in a straight line and they come in either a TT 1J, NA 2J or NA 1UZ. (Also 7MGTE but slow).

Where would you start? End goal is as far as i can get the engine before really shelling out on internals.

The Levin is heck good with most mods and can look really nice for cheap and would probably cost the least to maintain.

Non vvti Na 2j's take boost great. Expensive though. 1j is cheaper and you can go big single. 7m is not that slow. 3inch exhaust, intake and 10psi instead of 7 and you're stock 2j. That's like 400 dollars worth of stuff. Probably cheaper if labour is cheap in Siberia.

I'm not the Siberian, i don't want the 7MGTE due to head gaskets and cost slowly becoming ass. I'll look into the 2J that the Soarer uses.

Oh, my bad. I still feel obligated to mention that the 7m headgasket issue is easily corrected. Pretty cost effective up to 400hp still. If you're gonna start from scratch and money isn't an issue, go 2j I guess. Some people buy 2jz's and just drop 1jz heads on them. Maybe that's an option for you? Google 1.5jz

Checking in!

hello this is a midship post

Fusion is my brother's car, so I can't really use it any time
Thanks, I think Levin looks better than Celica.
All of these aren't really expensive to maintain. For example, brother replaced timing belt, and it cost him 160$, when timing belt for Levin cost from 16 to 30$, and the price of replacing it is 20$.
About Soarers: in Siberia there are only 1UZ Soarers. And I even have seen one with 1FZ, swapped from Land Cruiser 80

Sc400 fag here.

So NA 2J and hold boost only for around 350-500hp avg. tho would hit max hp for the money you can do the other 2jz for.

2jz-gte can make 800 easy

2jz-gte vvti does make alot but less than above. vvti gives more mid range.

1j-gte stock good for 600 hp?

1uz is a 4.0 v8.NON vvti 91-93 can hold a ton of boost. There is a guy that is making 560 ish? on a stock 1uz with a s366. This costs more than most options. But he is in full boost at 34000 rpm witch is nice. Can also go supercharger with this one but for the drag car not what your looking for.

For you is price is not a factor just go with the 2jz-gte. can make the most power before it blows.

if you want something cool go with the 1uz.

if you want soomthing like the 2jz-gte but less expensive go with the vvti 2j-gte.

>Celica 6th gen

If you can get a All-trac one do this!

How's it going user?

Good still getting parts ready for the 5 speed swap. Going to be late winter or spring ish... Depends when my friends are around to help out. and we can use a lift at the shop one of my friend works at.

Here we call it gt-four
I checked out the prices, almost 6k$, I think that if I would have this much money I would buy simple 7th gen celica
Also gt-four is kind of a problem when it comes to getting an insurance. For my first 2 years of driving I will pay 1.5 times more than normal driver. So I want to get about 150hp car for this time, because it would cost me a lot less than 160hp car for example (in my city almost all 4age Levins declared as 4afe ones, so 115hp in the documents for lower transport fee and cheaper insurance)

Hello hello this is a front engine post

rip
09/90-11/16

F
That's the 91 MR2 in the montage right? How did it happen?

i misjudged a corner

RIP

Lost my Celica this month.

It's becoming colder outside, drive slower. stay safe.

Opinions on Supra III?
Is there anything one should look for when buying this car?

F
Was it on the montage?

what does "on the montage" mean?

F
poor thing

on this silly It'll get grayed out if you no longer have it

should i sell my mk1 mr2 to get a mk2 mr2?

Daytime box picture

Needs a wash but I take it in tuesday to have the crushed side fixed.

Compression test.
Another compression test.
Ask if the headgasket has been replaced. Ask if it was torqued down past factory spec to 75 foot lbs if stock headgasket and 100 of metal headgasket with arp studs.
Check for oil leaking into the spark plug valley, not a big deal, but you can use it to haggle.
If it's a pre 89 ask of they changed the fluid in the rear diff. They have clutch lsd's that need the fluid changed.

Anything wrong with your mk1?

Show crushed side pls

Pic related

I was parked parallel to the street at a friends house, car was mostly in the grass. It was across the drive way from the house on the opposite side of the street though, and this lady backed out and hit it.

Didn't see it happen, but she had to have accelerated pretty good, this isn't a gentle dent from going 5mph backing out

She better be paying for that

She is, estimate was ~1.2k but more than likely will end up being higher based off of what the body shop told me. I was so happy when her insurance said they were covering all of it.

Hi tg heres my ucf

>black grille
>black logo
>black everything
kys nigger/slav

If it's bagged, 9/10
If it's static, 8/10
The only other point I took away is the wheels.
Overall nice car user

>wheels not black
>windows not tinted to near zero visibility
>headlights and foglights not tinted
Yea nah I think you're a cunt. Hie seems pretty reasonable.

emblem came black, and i am nor a nigger or a slav, only rears are tinted nigger black
its static or it'd be lower. wheels are work euroline KH's, got a good deal on em, desu i like the stock platinum wheels more tho

only blacked the grille to match , platinum emblems came black pearl
ty
its static and on euroline KH's cause i got a good deal on em, too be frank though i like the stock platinum edition(ls430) wheels better

Fucking hell. What a ride. What a sideways ride.

F
Sorry user :(

Cute!

Looks quite clean; I'm very much digging it.

Winter tires or nah?

All season atm, but after today I'm contemplating getting some winters.

The goal is Around 500/600 over time so 1J big single turbo? I thought the soarer never game with the turbo 2J

Keep it mint and sell it for a house in 20 years because retro futurism

It did not.
I thought you where talking about swapping. But that being said yes 1j with a big turbo will work for you. depending on where your from it may be hand to get parts for the 1j.

love the sportcross, looks better than the standard IMO. cant wait to take my ls into the snow and finally use the snow mode properly

Thanks. What gen and model IS?

hard to tell but its Ls(ls) not is(Is) lol
im the boatfag from earlier with the ls400

Lol my bad. You'll probably have a nicer time since your luxocruiser is probably a touch heavier and more torquey than what I got.

handling not as nice though, when i was searching i was looking for the is/ls/sc but ended up with this barge since it was well maintained at dealer+2 previous owners both purchased straight from the dealer as well.

Thanks friend. Its a clean 1 owner car. Snagged it for 1500$ with binder full of every record. Even oil changes and tires. I love it.

>tfw the paint/bodyshop hasn't finished my Starlet yet.

I don't want to rush them because I know they do fantastic work, but I miss it so bad ;__;

How long has it been gone?

is there a wagon lexus?

Fixed up my mom's Corolla. Brand new headlights from Taiwan. Nothing I can do about that gap on the driver side thanks to an accident but it looks much better now.

The gap is yuuuge. Zip tied it down so it hopefully won't be noisy.

Here's the before pic. Only really needed a corner light but the headlights were so foggy i replaced them all.

>tfw when need replacement headlight assemblies, tires, clear coat, headliner repair...

The headliner is destroyed in mine. I'm just keeping it running for my mom to drive to work and back. Not really concerned about stuff like that. Might need a new battery though. Or another alternator. I'm not sure. Headlights flicker when braking and the belt squeals a bit on a cold start.

idk if youd count the is300 sportcross

My headliner really is just peeling away near the rear windshield. No clue about the engine bay internals, time for a checkup soon I guess.

Neighbor in the complex here has a belt problem. But he has a E36 3 Series convertible, not a Corolla.

Mine peeled everywhere so I finished the job. Aside from that the interior is in decent shape. Previous owner had way too many accidents though. They're all small ones but they all add up.

There's a few tiny stains on the cabin upholstery from when I got the car - not terrible but you'll notice if your eyes aren't shitty and you look the right direction.

Mine would look better if it were cleaned. Typical woman driver shit though. Keeps a clean room but a dirty car. I'm tempted to clean it myself after taking it out for an oil change.

mah nigga!
Fellow SportCross owner reporting in.
Running Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 winter tyres. The best winter tyres money can buy.

Snow mode in these mostly just limits throttle response. On the automatics, it also changes shift points slightly, but not much else.

Traction control on these are brilliant though. I run an open diff on mine, but due to the traction control braking individual rear wheels, the wheel with the most traction ends up with power regardless.

tyres close up
I run 16s in the winter because comfort

sex on wheels

Got the oil changed and now I'm cleaning this nasty bitch up. Here's what's left of the headliner.

>205/55/16
Get that weak shit outta here
245/70/16 is where its at!

Yes but they don't make it anymore

Before pic?

Hey guys I asked /hg/ but I'd also like to get your input

If you're going through a portion of snow build up that's about 10 feet long, and about a foot high, is it better to stop and go slow so you don't damage your front lip/bumper or go with some speed to keep momentum? Which one is safer for the car? (I.e. oil pan, brake lines, etc)

See
It had an accident on that corner so that's the best I could do. I'm still cleaning this bitch out. Lel

Too bad they don't make leather head liners

If it aint ice it wont do anything.

Slowing down or stopping gets you stuck. Dont.

Yeah for real. The vinyl headliner in my Civic is still great looking. It's a 94 model just like this.

Finally done cleaning. I need to tell me mom to take better care if this car I paid for. Lel

is myself specific item enough this is the only photo of my automobile this specific

Keep us up to date. Which transmission are you using?

Comfy. Would drive with/10

Cleaned the shit out of the Corolla. Was seriously cleaning it out for like an hour and a half straight.

Only things left to do are to replace the passenger rear tire and new wiper blades.

Save me

a tri-pod w58. it came with the car so i said fuck it and ill use it until it break it.

Finally got winters on my supra. Now all my drifting is done on purpose.
Unrelated note, check these digits.

The other day driving to work in the AE92

Sure that's fine what year and model?

I think the wipers can wait for the tire

What car is that

Awesome to see another one out there. There was one other sportx floating around a while before Veeky Forumstg coalesced.

SC400

I didn't get winter tires on mine since I bought winter tires for my civic instead

Now get in the sportcross Facebook group! Fb /groups/sportxgita
Open only to owners.

Looks comfy desu

Bump

Opinions on the MR-S? Been considering one as they're relatively cheap, but how are they as far as reliability and fun-factor? They seem low on power, is their light weight enough to offset that?