Why do scooters have such a bad reputation among motorcycle riders?

Why do scooters have such a bad reputation among motorcycle riders?

>pic related I have one and motorcycle riders never greet me.

Because cvt

What's the problem with CVT?

Not vidya

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Because you're, slow, hold up traffic, typically didn't take a license test, and most of you are only riding a scooter because you got a DUI.

>slow
>noisy

Not at all.

In a country where the speed limit is 50 inside urban areas and 80 outside them, my 125 cc can ride up to 110km/h.

How's this slow and the noise shit only applies to two stroke 50cc scooters.

Because they tend to fall under the delusion that they are not riding motorcycles and are somehow safer than people on motorcycles, or more intolerable, smarter and more cultured (because it's european and oh so minimalist, showing how deeply they think about their life choices - except when they run into a situation their scooter is ill-equipped for).

In reality, they are riding budget touring bikes. Or touring geezers are riding giant scooters. Same difference.

If you are going to risk life and limb for something that is less safe and less practical than a car despite costing about the same amount of cash to run as a shitbox you might as well do it properly. And two-wheelers are subject to looser emissions standards so don't say it's for the environment.

How long does it take to get to 110kmh then? Or even 80kmh

Nobody likes scooters
They give no pleasure or enjoyment, and serve no purpose other than being a means to an end
Bike riders love their machines, which is why seeing something with 2 wheels not being loved is such a cancerous image

>Why do scooters have such a bad reputation among motorcycle riders?
Because other drivers blame motorcycle riders for all the slow scooter riders holding up traffic on city roads. No one rides scooters or bicycles here unless downtown where the traffic is already crawling. On normal city roads, bicycles on a bike path still gets clipped by passing cars. All it takes is one angry meth head or post meth head (since their heads are messed up).

?
DUI?
If they take your license you can't drive anything.
Scooters and mopeds you need a license.

So scooters are the bikefags' Prius?

Mopeds > scooters

Yeah, pretty much. I've never thought about comparing the two but it works surprisingly well

The only exception to the scooterprius rule are classics such as Lambrettas and such desu

not everyone lives in a shitty 3rd world country

>tfw I live in one of the best countries in the world and a shit ton of people ride scooters because it's so much better to commute like that when it's not winter.

Motorcycles are purely luxury items, I will be buying a motorcycle soon just to have fun in the summer, but for commuting and daily life? A scooter beats a car and a motorcycle unless you work far away from your home.

>lives in "the best country in the world"
>posts a third world scooter

which is it?

You could have gotten a motorbike, but instead chose a scooter. Possibly because you're too thick/lazy to operate a clutch.

Also, this. Slow and noisy and dangerous to be around.
That too. Get the fuck off the road if you can't maintain the speed required.

Scooters are barely better than cyclists. Scootists are rude, ungrateful, incompetent, and usually female.

Are you female?
Are you stupid?
You're obviously one of the two if you desire a scooter.
Are you going to get a pink one to colour-coordinate it with your helmet and jacket?

Scooters are everywhere here in flip land. I'll probably pick one up next year. It's so much easier to get around in the shitty traffic here on 2 wheels. I could get a motorcycle I suppose but speeds barely reach over 40 in town and if I'm going out of the city I will take my car.

Not in many states in the US, even with multiple DUIs

I'm Swiss.

You morons are just like manual vs automatic fags. I got a scooter just like a shit ton of other people because:

1. Commuting takes 25-30 minutes
2. Can park everywhere
3. I pay 7 Swiss Francs for a tank full of gasoline which lets me ride 200kms
4. It's handy and light so I can go around traffic congestions and other bullshit that I had to otherwise suffer when I still used my car.

So why the fucking hate? Are you salty or perhaps butthurt for some reason? Did a guy riding a scooter fucked you in the ass and didn't give you a blowjob afterwards?

What states allow you to ride a scooter without a license?
Can you specify?
I know my state doesn't require insurance but you still need a license

>Switzerland best country in the world.

Lmao

It's like being a man and driving a prius, it's convenient but everyone will think you're kinda gay and nobody will respect you.
Also you get all those benefits with an actual motorcycle, plus you can take it out and have fun with it too.

>I have reading comprehension!!!!

Go grab a book moron:

>I live in one of the best countries
>one of the best
>one

Are there any benefits to scooters? I'm trying to think of one, but motorbikes seem to be better in every single way.
I'm just not sure why you'd get a scooter over a motorbike.

Price

Never seen another flip on Veeky Forums before

Please dont tell me your getting slmething trash like the xrm

A sick ass scooter AND a Miata? Please let me suck you off

They're cheap.
You don't have to use a clutch!
Brakes are just like a bicycle! Great if you're too stupid to think differently!
You can wear a super cute skirt and heels while riding one.

> Swiss
So, cucked, then? Okay, opinion discarded, eurofuck.

>direct democracy
>not in the EU
>strict immigration laws (also banned minarets)
Doesn't sound very cucked to me.

there is an episode of cops (or speeders maybe?) where the cop pulls over a guy on a scooter and after looking up the guy the cop figures out he's on a scooter cuz a shit ton of DUIs, and the cop admits that because of the law he cant really stop him from riding a scooter since that state doesnt require a license.

dont remeber the state (nevada maybe?) but there are definitely places you dont need shit to ride a scooter

because modern motorcycle riders are 90% autistic redditors and/or puerto ricans

Except a scooter doesn't beat a motorcycle

>Ease of riding
The CVT is nullified by the attempt at a "comfy" body position. Don't slow for a turn, go over 30mph, it sucks. It's sort of like a cruser but without the added advantage of displacement. Nothing to hold on to but the bars, nothing to brace against but your own ass. And fuck man, this is Veeky Forums, who cares about how easy it is.
>the boot
Surprisingly small and outdone by touring bikes, and sometimes even a sportbike with a top case. Compartmentalized storage compared to one big boot has its own advantages and disadvantages.
>Filtering
Dual sports are thinner than most scooters and can tackle more terrain
>Cost to own
MSRP approaches most small motorcycles. Maintenance costs are identical because it IS a small motorcycle. A shitty one. Start buying fat ass burgmans and people will wonder if maybe you're too poor for a real bike with a topcase, maybe panniers (you'd take up the same amount of space because some scooters are wide as fuck)

The government hates cars and speeding, and loves to tax people for random shit.

Ga if it's under 50cc.

I wave at all motorcycles. No need for bigotry.

Also give the peace sign to cagers who gangway when I Lane split.

Peace, love, and freedom to all.

Cut your hair and get a job hippie

After riding 600cc motorcycle for months, then going back to my old 80cc scooter, I can say both are fun.
Bike only fun out of the neighborhood/city on higher speed roads.
Scooter only fun in the neighborhood/city on low speed roads/alleys (always at wot).
I am confused about mopeds though - seems to be the worst.

mopeds are reserved for the invalid and drunks who have lost their license to drive

if you ever ride a scooter over longer distance a decent shock will make it way more enjoyable, my scoot was all over the road and bottoming out with the stock one

put your trip back on you dogfucking faggot

I work on them, and the owners are often the most hipster, pussy and cringy motorists there are. It's fairly often someone will complain about their bike not starting, and the kill switch is on. Or, they will buy the bike, let it sit for 3 years and never touch it, and then bring it in in the spring time and expect to get an appointment that day, when we are two weeks out for turn around. I came up with the term "river bike" to describe Chinese scooters, and scooters greater than 250cc, because they should be disposed of in the river. Just tossed right in.

>Inefficient
>can only rev one rpm

Scooters are appliances for people who don't care about riding. Generally the people who ride scooters are only doing it because they can't afford a car. This usually leads to them being terrible riders as well as not caring about the experience.
Motorcycle riders on the other hand are bought primarily for enjoyment. They are no cheaper than cars so they're bought almost exclusively by people just for the passion.

>complain about their bike not starting, and the kill switch is on
Motorcyclist here, and I'm guilty of sitting in my driveway for almost half an hour trying to figure out why the fuck my bike won't start when the kill switch is half-pressed at least once.

i e , . , $7455

Sounds like owners in every category DESU.

Ugh the fucking text didn't work. What I meant to say was that they are the ones who only ever use the ignition, and don't even know what the kill switch is. And then they get charged $75 for the pick up, and noting is actually wrong.

Another thing people do is buy a $500 Chinese scooter off eBay to be frugal, and when it stops working 800mi later they spend $1000 replacing the motor cause they were dumb and didn't just buy a Korean bike, which are actually pretty good

Exactly. It's a combo of the worst from every group: fat lesbians, old people, poor teenagers, drug heads, hipsters, yuppies etc

>and when it stops working 800mi later
Morons.
I bought a Honda for a fucking reason. I want it to still be running just fine when I sell it to buy a bigger bike.

>If you are going to risk life and limb for something that is less safe and less practical than a car despite costing about the same amount of cash to run as a shitbox you might as well do it properly.
This

Scooter riders have reached the understanding motorcyclist have about efficiency, but lack the passion.

FWIW I wave to them, my neighbor rides one. Got hit on an intersection this year too.

Honda's are nice. A bit over engineered, but the starters on the smaller scooters are near silent