Should drivers on their phone be banned from driving?

Should drivers on their phone be banned from driving?

I propose this:

>get caught first time, banned for one year
>get caught 2nd time, banned for life
>if reporting somebody for being on their phone leads to an arrest and conviction, you will be awarded money
>looking at your phone when stopped in traffic or at red lights is not exempt

If you disagree with me you are probably a faggot that is on their phone.

I have a good field of view of everything when on my bike and I can easily tell when you fags do this. Other than the obvious visual cue of holding the phone right to your ear, there's looking down into your lap, with just one hand on the wheel, rather than at the road, there's not pulling off when the lights go green, and of course there is the rear ending. You have to be a literal retard to rear end completely by accident, its usually because people are looking at their phone, they see traffic movement and jut move forwards and oh shit the guy in front isn't moving though, crash.

Hope you phone drivers fukken die tbqh.

Other urls found in this thread:

ontario.ca/page/distracted-driving
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it should be harsher, but thats a bit severe.

>statists

fuck off nanny stater

>on my bike
of course it's an autistic commuter lmao
back to dbt friendo

Been thinking about this for a while.

>Make drivers test harder
>No retakes, once a year test on your birthday
>If you get a 100 you get the ability to revoke one other persons license that year

>Get year ended
>Yell at guy that his license is gone
>Call police and tell them that a guy without a license hit you
>He be fucked

>Get pulled over
>Yell at cop before he gets to you that his liscence is gone
>As long as he didnt get a 100 he is fucked.

>If you attempt a revoke of someone who has a 100, they can revoke you
>Goes to special court where your driving histories are examined

>Revoke politican because he is a dickbag

>not pulling off when the lights go green
Fuck you, I do it every time. Lose 1-2 seconds, avoid being t-boned.

Going to the DMV on my birthday? You can fuck right off

Probably have the driving dedication of someone from washington don't you? You deserve public transport.

How about
>get caught
>lose phone

If cops started taking phones on site it would end that shit quick.

>>Make drivers test harder

I think they should be made so that you have to be safer but less retarded things like if you touch the curb its an instant fail.

Mirror checks, blind spot checks, good separation gap, no speeding.

But stupid shit like bumping into a curb when you're doing parallel parking or reverse around the corner shouldn't be there.

Didn't mean to sage, this is a good thread

That's how it is for me at work. Get caught once, it's a final warning. Get caught a second time and you get shitcanned. It's one of the few things that you don't have to get written up for 30 times before they really discipline you.

I'm still always shitposting while driving though.

Here in ontario if youre caught doing 50km/h over you get a roadside 7 day license suspension and they tow your car.
Should do the same for phones 7 days no license no phone no car

>Should drivers on their phone be banned from driving?
The punishment should be at minimum the same as DUI/DWI.

What defines "on your phone"?

Obviously texting and shit count but am I "on my phone when I use it to play music and I briefly glance at it to skip a song?
Can I use google maps and the GPS?

If those arent ok, then what about those exact same functions that are built into new cars? Are those now banned too?

What's the fucking deal with banning phone driving honestly
Every time you ban something, people just do it anyway but trying to keep it secret (i.e. hiding their phones on their crotch or below the dashboard) which is even more dangerous
I'd rather stand someone driving with their fucking phone on their hands, facing the road, than someone driving facing down because they're hiding a phone on their lap.

Yeah, looking at it/touching it counts.

Don'tcare if you're just switching a song, glancing down at it and taking your hand off the controls at the wrong time is enough to kill.

I think you should be banned from driving for being a pussy.

reeks of neet

>banned from driving for a year
that would do awful things for commerce. losing your job because now you can't drive for taking a work call? kek.

>anger at phone users
clearly has nobody to talk to in the first place

stay salty OP

>taking a work call

People survived and worked and succeeded in jobs for centuries without having to answer a call in traffic. If a work call is that important you can pull your ass over and take it.

Other than taking a quick glance at the screen, I can text without looking. I'm one of those relics that still use a physical keyboard-phone. I'm not typing out war and peace, its usually a yes/no or "i'll be at X at Y time".

I recall seeing a woman in a civic driving in a 70 (kmh) zone and she was all over the place, apparently doing 80 in a 70 isn't fast enough. She's in the left lane and sits there on her phone at a red light. Takes a solid 5 seconds to take off, weird priorities.

traffic didn't exist for centuries dipshit, times change.

How about offering sizable and generous incentives for driving manual transmission cars?
If insurance companies start offering discounts for driving manual and big brother governments started offering tax incentives for buying manual tranny cars, I would wager the incidences of people buying manual cars would go up. This would in turn decrease cell phone usage while driving because its not like you can text and drive while operating the stick. No bullshit punishments from the government required.

Would also force more people to pay more attention to their surrondings and git gud at their driving skills too

OP should move to Ontario.

The whole "non-hands free device" charge is 490 and it costs 3 points. I didn't know they actually suspend licenses for people with permits or non-full licenses. What a fucking cuck-state I live in.

ontario.ca/page/distracted-driving

I'm and of course this happened in Ontario.

driving a manual is literally no different than driving an auto..

Driving isn't a right, it's a privilege, if you abuse it, it should be taken away from you.

By this logic we should also ban radios, in car navigation, eating in the car, any button that's not located on the steering wheel, gauges and having passengers since all those things can cause the driver to take his eyes off the road.

>I do it every time. Lose 1-2 seconds, avoid being t-boned.
This
If you rocket away from a stop as soon as the light turns green, you're an idiot. As you see the adjacent traffic coming to a stop you should be glancing around at it, looking for someone who is trying to beat the light. When your light goes green you should look at the adjacent traffic one last time to make sure nobody is barreling towards the red light to run it before going. Twice in my life I've been doing my second long check as the light goes green and have seen someone fly through the red light, one out of those two times involved another car who did a drag-racer's start away from the green light getting fucking plowed by the person running the red light.

By your logic then we should be allowed to drive with a blindfold, I mean as long as we don't crash or kill anyone its fine right?

How can you know its dangerous if nobody's ever done it before?

wow you can't even come up a with a good argument to support your beliefs. Instead you just go to a straight to a false equivalency.

Let me ask you this why should just looking at your phone for a brief second count but all the other tasks I mentioned which can also lead to the same problem and the same result be treated any differently? Why should the law single just one of these things out when all the others are still legal?

because you have a retarded 'well if this is allowed anything is allowed' mentality.

I guess you think paedophilia and bestiality is fine too.

fuck you bootlicker. That's what insurance is for you gigantic oozing vagina.

>Should drivers on their phone be banned from driving?
No, that is racist. It keeps people from getting out of their economic and educational problems. It keeps people down. Why you so racist?

>get caught first time, banned for one year
No, that is racist. You're just interested in padding up all those racist statistics even more.

>Make drivers test harder
This has been proposed many times and each time it gets attacked with the "racist" defense which works. Making tests harder affects mainly minority drivers and thus has a regressive effect on minority drivers. It's just like how a tax on food is regressive upon the poor. So, to prevent regressive effects on the poor minorities, food tax is eliminated and driver tests are super easy to pass in the USA. Otherwise you are racist.

>If cops started taking phones on site it would end that shit quick.

Impossible in the USA as the 4th Amendment prohibits illegal search and SEIZURE. Before the Revolution, the British prevented crime by seizing related property. Use your horse improperly? It was seized. Use your cart improperly without taxes paid? It was seized. So the Founding Fathers really had a stick up their ass about illegal search and seizure because that particular stick had been rammed up their ass too many times.

>not pulling off when the lights go green
Hell NO WAY. Too many people run red lights. One of the reasons why accidents happen is that people insist on using their high horsepower engine and Michelin Pilot tires to be immediately into the intersection after the light turns green. But lots of people deliberately run yellow lights because they figure people are slow to get started when the lights turn green.

I was eating at a restaurant in Phoenix Arizona on a business trip. Per diem is great. I had a great view of the intersection. Every time the left turn light went red, several cars would keep on running the red light. It was a common pattern over and over and over and over and over and over. Okay, I was a slow eater. Over and over and over. I thought sooner or later, a car running the light is going to hit someone. Over and over. Finally, a mustang gets the green light and immediately goes straight into the intersection at the green light because it can. Crash. The person running the red light hits the mustang.

Moral of the story: If you have a Tesla, sure, your ultra torque gets you into the intersection with that exhilarating addictive no-lag acceleration. But someone running the red light is going to t-bone you. So it's better to wait a moment to be sure no soccer mom or superteen is running the light.

Where the hell are you driving?
If you run a red light and a Tesla crushs you, you deserved it.
Also the time between a light going red after getting yellow is more than enogh to clear a intersection.

MUH AMENDMUNT

MUH RIGHTS

Amerfat

people on their phones driving makes me want to murder

I hope your bike doesn't start tomorrow.

>why high school students are not allowed to make laws

>why washington drivers should not be allowed on the road.

Don't try to hide it you closet leaf.