Help me choose a bike. I just need something for my 10 mile commute and as a weekend toy

Help me choose a bike. I just need something for my 10 mile commute and as a weekend toy

>$10k new
>40" inseam
>anything but a supersport

go

ninja 250

kek

Triumph Speedmaster

2017 SV650

buy the red one with ABS and enjoy your bitchin' new bike then start posting in /dbt/

pic related, same bike in white

Do not listen to this faggot
The sv650 is heavy and slow. Especially for the price.
FZ07 or FZ09 are far better bikes

YOU GUYS REALLY WANT US TO HAVE ALL COLOURS DONT YOU

Why don't you tell us what you are interested in and then we can help you make a good decision.

Cruisers are god tier for comfortable commuting. You wont find anything better. The seats are big and comfy, the feet position is great, and the overall profile makes it so you suffer from less wind fatigue. But these bikes tend to big, heavy, clumsy, and perhaps a little boring to some.

Sport bikes are uncomfortable as fuck but who the hell doesn't want to ride something that does 0-100mph in 3 seconds?

Standard/naked bikes are OK. Most of them are actually quite boring and not very inspiring. They are way more comfortable than sport bikes and the seating position (upright) is a lot less taxing on your back. Newer ones come packed with a fair bit of power too so it's a decent comfort/power compromise in my opinion.

Dirt bikes/dual sports/super motos are for retards so avoid those

Sweet memes and opinions brother

dual sport

It would help if you tell us what kind of commute this is. Is it 10 miles of stop and go or highway? If its both how much of each? What kind of riding do you want to do on the weekends?

Indian Scout Sixty.

the new sv650 is pretty gay. 04-08 were the best
the 2017 was designed for retards.
are you retarded OP?

adventure bike

Sorry guys, op back here
That's neat looking

As I said I like most bikes besides crotch rockets so I'm open to a lot of bikes. What class of bike does my money go the farthest for me needs?

It's like 45mph main roads with stoplights mostly. Not much traffic though.

I don't have anywhere to ride off road but being able to ride through the snow would be cool, all weather commuting

Indian Scout sixty.

Not op but looking for a new bike myself. Is it reasonable to get a bike for around 2k that will last me 2 maybe 3 years?

Gs500

What if we want a cruiser, and not a sport bike?

Dont listen to these suzuki idiots.
Suzukis are shit.
If you want a cruiser, look at honda shadows. Excellent bikes. Be aware some were 4 speed though

first bike? then get a shadow 750. they are pretty cheap and you can sell it 5 years later for what you bought it for.

These are great suggestions. Thanks.

I was looking for a standard bike or a touring bike. Planning on using it for doing smalls commutes and city driving but want something I can take far if I need to.

cruiser is good for that. if you have 3k, I would get an SV650 and if you are really tall a dl650. if you have 10k, I would go used BMW R9t, but only if you have riding experience. if you don't have any, I would consider a lightly used FZ07

Also you can use any bike for anything, just doesn't mean it is always perfect for it. Bikes are inherently flawed as a primary vehicle, but that's what makes them fun.
>miss my baiku

>suggests a bunch of shit bikes
>then says if you dont have experience to buy the faster bike
Fucking tired of you faggots

r9t has more power, is heavier, and is pretty damn quick. it would just be a lot more unmanageable.

Its absolute shit
Fuck off tripfag

it's cool as fuck and extremely boring, perfect bike.

comfiest bike of all time

The irony is that he's never ridden any o those bikes, and doesn't actually own a bike at all.

40'' inseam? How fucking fat are you?
A healthy person would have a 32-24. An obese fuck like you just needs to get back into his automatic econobox.

>What class of bike does my money go the farthest for me needs?

A codgermode "crotch rocket". By "crotch rocket" i mean a bike most people think is a sportbike, but isn't actually a proper sportbike, like the SV650/ninja 650. Put some risers and a touring seat on that bitch, then add panniers for extra grandpa. Now it's comfy and fast.

Or fall for the adventure bike meme and buy an overweight dual sport

>40" inseam
You should be more worried about finding a bike that won't have to redline just to move your fat ass faster than 10 kmph, ameriblob.

in seam is leg length tards

anything nekkid is your friend OP

until you reach 45mph and it happens to be just a little chilly out

oh my god

some bastard stole two of that car's wheels and half the bodywork

How about if it's $1000 used
>Road legal
>Actually usable off-road
>33HP
>Weighs 200lbs dry

Choice is clear, my dad actually owns one of these, I'm buying it off him.

SV650 is a brilliant bike. Much comfier than supersports and handles superb. Easiest bike to wheelie in the world. And then it starts making weird noises because the oil pump sucks air when you do wheelies. And then you find out that this fucked your crank (and most likely head, god knows how the pistons and cylinder are doing), giving you repair cost on par with what the bikes cost. Fuck the SV650 piece of shits

How is the ninja not a sportbike?
If i may ask

Look at the riding position, engine power/configuration etc.

There are two kinds of Ninjas; sport standards like the Ninja 250/300/650 and proper sportbikes like the ZX-6R/10R etc