Can i sue an insurance broker for not doing his job/lying?

can i sue an insurance broker for not doing his job/lying?

basically i bought a vehicle based on the understanding that he would insure it but when it came time to insure it he came up with a million reasons not to and now i have to pay drunk driver rates because no one else will insure it

i wouldn't have bought the vehicle if i knew i'd be paying dui rate

Bro, you got scammed... just get up deal with it and learn from it. Not much else I can say to you

pretty shitty scam, he didn't earn anything from it

Wait, the previous owner said he will insure you?

no the insurance broker did

geiko.com?

no, are they shit?

Why didn't you get insured right then and there? If there was no signed agreement, and no payment or anything then you can't do anything about it.

because you can't insure a vehicle you don't own

Yes you can.
Also most places wont even let you drive off the lot without insurance.
Also wtf is a dui rate?
Also youre a stupid

when my last car got totaled insurance carried over for 30days or something like that

so sell it

i should say you can't insure a vehicle that you don't know the vin

i bought a gray market car from a broker, it came from an auction in japan

dui rate is the insurance rate that convicted drunk drivers pay from a special company that insures people that other companies won't

What is the car?

So you mean to say you have a dui?

Wait, user, you have a DUI

And you want to, for some reason, not pay insurance that faggots who get DUIs have to pay.

Go fuck yourself you drunk retard, you're lucky you didn't kill anyone

Ride the bus and neck yourself.

calm down redditor

i don't have a dui, retards

the only company that will insure my gray market vehicle is the company that insures drunks and other shit drivers

You brought this upon yourself bad luck and high insurance rates will haunt you until you're dead unless you stop posting

Being a weeb is just as bad as a dui

1.Where do you live?
2.How old are you?
3.Do you have points on your record
4. what car did you buy?
Because even if you're a 16 year old with 3 accidents and a "sports car", companies will still insure you in burgerstan.

The issue is he's buying a rhd car that wasn't made for the US in the first place and under questionable importation procedures.

So you live in Florida and imported an illegal car? Congrats.

what do import procedures have to do with insurance rates?
t. non burger who doesn't get it
I guess it may be a spares thing but I'm shooting in the dark here

>because you can't insure a vehicle you don't own

Yes, you can. You tell the agent to insure a specific make/model of car and voila, you are paying for it. You are now insured for that car. In fact, when you buy a new car, the dealer wants to see proof of insurance before you take the car off the lot. I had to do that. My neighbor did the same with their new mustang.

So as soon as the agent said he'd insure you, you should have bought the insurance there and then picked up the car so that you have seamless gapless coverage.

>what do import procedures have to do with insurance rates?
Because normally imported cars satisfy USA federal DOT and USA State requirements for safety and performance. Gray market cars have not applied for testing to be legally approved. That means regular insurance companies don't want to touch such cars.

Of course, there are insurance companies that will insure almost anything. But the rate is super high. Those are colloquially called the DUI rates. They are higher than the normal rate. By the way, the max normal rate in my state is limited to $1,600 per month for an average car which means normal NON-DUI insurance can be $19,000 for a normal average car. Obviously the expensive cars have higher rates. But if the avg car max is 1600, then you can imagine what the max DUI rate is (probably unlimited).

Here's what i'd do:
Round1: Send offer requests to any and all insurers, detail the vehicle and import circumstances. Be as detailed as possible.

Round2: If only bad offers come in, get some info on how to retrofit the vehicle with safety features these faggots like to wank about and send out new requests with these new specs. Insurers hate words like "sport" and love shit like "stainless steel" in the part description, even if its the same part.

Round3: automotive suicide by busriding

Here in germany we have the option to get a custom vehicle tested individually, which costs several thousand euros. With the regulatory body's signature, that everything is 'safe', you can insure them normally here.
Does this not exist in your county? If not, find the nearest county where this is viable and have it be done there.

Sucks senpai, don't drink and drive? There's even fucking uber now. I'm having a hard time sympathizing.

>es, you can. You tell the agent to insure a specific make/model of car and voila, you are paying for it. You are now insured for that car. In fact, when you buy a new car, the dealer wants to see proof of insurance before you take the car off the lot. I had to do that. My neighbor did the same with their new mustang
Bullshit. You need the VIN. You can't insure a car that doesn't exist because the car's history is a factor in the price of the policy.

Dealers want you to be insured on your previous car, it's up to you to make your insurance "gapless" and you lose your good history if you aren't so fucked