[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

cute anime muffler edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR THE NEXT SEM LOCATION
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? You should get a ZX14:
(Cross-thread)

>Webms with sound

>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

omrlmoto.com/about/race-classes/f3-formula-three/
youtube.com/watch?v=PmKOC6k5lj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for moto-dogo

I looked at dog carriers for bikes on Google Images for fun, and noticed that I didn't see a single picture of one of those zip up boxes with fabric windows having an animal inside with the box closed.

Probably adventure bikes.

doesn't that defeat the freedom of a motorcycle? don't you want your dog to experience the open road

I think an open top box is good if you have a small dog, and leash it so it doesn't get any ideas. If a bigger doggo then get sidecar.

>side car

Scoot scoot
Poot poot

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Dead tread is dead. I think because OPs pic is bland

that or it's Sunday night where it matters

>Dead tread is dead

because op is a bus rider

HEY FAGGOTS

I KNOW HOW TO BRING THIS THREAD BACK TO LIFE.

All you fuckers go for a night ride.

No

more puppers
>tips tophat

>riding a suzuki at night
Its the only time no one will notice how shitty it is

but i already rode today

>grill next to trash can
>sofa in front yard
>multi family house

new jersey trash...amirite?

What a retarded bike. Stock XR100 motard races exist only to serve as the cheapest way into motorcycle racing. By extensively modding it you are making it no longer fit that class as well as negating the only reason for an adult to own an XR100.

Upstate NY college house, duplex me and 7 friends rented, futon was on it's way to the curb.

>no fun allowed

The novelty of small bikes wears off pretty quickly.

I disagree

I suspect you've either never had a small bike or never had a fast big bike.

I've had both.
Currently have both too.
And have fun on both.

for me small bikes are only fun in a very small set of conditions, as opposed to my bigger bikes where i can just go out and ride anywhere and have fun.

Sorry, this was bothering me.

When you say small do you mean "smaller than road legal"?

what makes it unable to compete in motard racing for an xr100 compatible class again? they're all modded up like that.

I'm 6'2 if they weren't modded up a little bit I plain wouldn't be able to ride them with any confidence, I don't feel very comfortable on tiny bikes / minimoto stuff in general but I am excited to try it out with a proper setup.

thankfully this is not fucking boolean and you don't need to have one or another, you can have both and just use the mini motard on the go kart tracks and what not and use your other bike for other stuff.

Seriously what autism is this? there is nothing wrong with having specialized bikes for specialized purposes lol.

You can't use a track 600 on the road either..

I mean children's bikes.

The mini class (where XR100s are used) is usually pretty limited on mods.

do you not think the rules might be different in japan or do you believe ohio's rules apply worldwide.

even then, I found a class on the OMRL page that allows all of those modifications on the bike to be done to a 100 cc 4 stroke air cooled bike.

omrlmoto.com/about/race-classes/f3-formula-three/

So I guess you're just like double retarded?

I'd be buying the helium tank right now user.

still doesn't make sense to spend $500+ modding an xr100 when you could just buy a class up.

maybe they like the class, maybe they already had an XR100, maybe they found one for cheap or were gifted one, maybe it was their kids bike but they have moved on and decided to repurpose it.

There are times where you just need to admit you are just 100% wrong in every way user and this is one of those times.

But it's so fucking cold right now

no u

I like your doggo

Ok

You get DRZ back yet?
Rain weather sucks, when's 701?

>tfw just ordered a banana suit to ride around in for shits and giggles

The squid game gets upped.

can you please take the WAT sticker off if you do, thanks.

>dat minisled

Nope. Shit's prolly gone forever.
701 was January, but got pushed back at least a month.

Why, user?

Fuck that guy, leave it on dude.

does the dog ride the minisled?

where's the triumph faggot, you bang any SJWs lately? we need more stories.

any archives of stories like with LPG?

But I already went for a day ride

Like the tires?

I only need gear if I crash, right?

I bought a motorcycle and a helmet, just ran out of money afterwards

As long as i'm really disciplined with the throttle and focused on the road, I won't neat gear?

I don't wear gear and I've been good so far.

can i have whatevers left of your bike when you die?

I will preface this by saying that the old tires on the Tiger were awful and 90/10 street biased. That said, yes, they are fucking awesome. The old tires would slip if you throttle on at nearly any speed, these ones grab really well above 3rd gear and behave on soft sand.

I wear a helmet and gloves. Been riding 25 years like that.
The one time i put on knee guards i ended up breaking my knee.

Holy shit lol

thoughts on the new r1?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the Ducati Scrambler as a starter bike?

Im 6'2 260lbs, No riding experience.
I'm planning on taking a safety course before anything else, but I honestly don't see the point of spending $3k on a beater instead of just going for the bike I really want?

i still havent been able to get out on the new tires..
>feels bad

You're better off starting with a dual sport.

Whose bike is that kek

Really pointless to own anything besides a Honda.

No other bikes are made to the same quality standards

broght my dads klx back over the mountains for the winter

Oh I thought you guys had gotten rid of the KLX for some reason.

it's fast

I don't think that's true at all. mines a honda but that doesnt mean other shit is bad.

gibe car

>Ducati

youtube.com/watch?v=PmKOC6k5lj8

no

>Retard makes fun of people who can't lean
>Can't lean

His opinion on anything is worthless.

I'm 2 minutes into this video and I'm about to hit X on it.

This guy's a fucking faggot

>I honestly don't see the point of spending $3k on a beater instead of just going for the bike I really want?

maybe because as a beginner you will beat on the bike, that's what beaters are for, beating on.

>the bike I really want

you have no idea what bike you really want, you have no experience riding. How could you even make such a choice?

If experience has taught me anything from people on /dbt/ you've probably already made up your mind and I'm wasting my time though.

pls

we can swap if you want

Most of the points he made are the reason I want a fuckin Ducati. Everything else I own is old and pieced together, which I dig but it's just.... I want something new, showy, expensive... I just started my new jobs and soon I'll have the cash for one of these bitches and god damn if I'm not out on it every weekend after that!

>out on it every weekend after that

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE DUCATI OWNER

Kys

>you've probably already made up your mind and I'm wasting my time though.

Amen

Fuck off with your R6

Ducati cuck owners detected!

Hey guys time to winterize your bikes I know its a bit nippy now.

I dont have a ducati
Youre just a retard if you thinking riding every day is what all people want to, or can even do reasonably

then you're a pussy faggot who can't ride his bike for real.

>hes never used his bike as a DD

>riding on ice in 10 degree weather
>picking up your daughter from school on a bike
>grocery shopping on a bike
>going places with friends on a bike
Fuck off with your nonsense.

804/805s treating you well, then? Glad to hear it m8.

Yes, it's called crash gear for a reason.

And when you do get gear, make sure it has good armor that stays in place (no bullshit baggy "riding pants" with knee "protection" that only lines up in the "riding position") and sliders on impact zones.

Please, save up and buy good gear. It's better to squid and ride super defensively for a bit than it is buy some bilt crap, go all out, and end up getting hurt worse because your shitty bilt techo tissue paper jacket had tire-like grip and contributed to turning a nice and easy slide into a bone-shattering, limb-dislocating tumble and still failed to protect an elbow or knee because their cheap ass armor didn't even stay in place.

r u stupid
all that is perfectly possible on a bike you fucking weekend warrior
go buy a Harley and kys

So youre poor?

have you ever wondered what's up with those guys on pigfat dual sports loaded down with flamboyant couch-like aftermarket seats, ugly $5000 metal boxes, smartphone mounts, and cup holders?

that's what they do.

I will not needlessly put my daughters life in danger
My groceries fill up the entire hatch of my car
I will not carry 4 of my friends on a bike
I will not put my own safety at risk riding on ice
You are a fucking piece of shit and i hope youre hit by a car because of your needless bullshit attitude

you dont have to be poor to use your bike everyday user. no need to be so closed-minded

>tfw grocery shopping in HyVee
>full gear (but I do take my helmet off. Usually.)
>people looking at me like I'm a spaceman
It's fun and funny.

Yup. Poorfag spotted

You mean well off?

How do you pack shit on a motorcycle and keep it dry? You need some sort of waterproof storage. And make it both convenient to access and very secure, so nothing gets lost? You can't just bungee it on. You need some sort of mounting system for a locking box.

Fabricating that yourself takes a cool thousand in tools, but maybe you could do it with a drill press, an angle grinder, and some plywood jigs
Buying it costs a month's groceries

Poor people DD scooters and factory baggers because they already have the storage built in, not motorcycles.

>busrider:thepost

This, to an extent. I have a V-Stronk and a DR650 (both with case mounts) and use them extensively until it snows/ices. For other things, I use my Miata or Ram 1500. Insurance is expensive on everything combined, but I like having the ability to do basically everything.

Dude if you want to do it on the cheap, a goddamn WalMart cooler will work. If you have some basic tools, you can make a mount out of wood or cheap metal and some bolts. Buying a bike already equipped is also an option. Also, there's a Honda sportbike with a good bit of storage built in.

Reminder that if you're not rocking Alpinestars for every piece of gear, you're getting sub-par protection