23 and still a virgin

>23 and still a virgin
>seriously thinking of hedging my bets by joining the Church and spending my life as a tool of God

How are monastic orders doing in the modern world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LpLmvsz8_AQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jeremy Corbyn in the middle row.

So because you can't get laid that's your only reason finding Christ

Who?

You can't masturbate ever again.

you can still fuck little kids

well yeah, what else could there be?

That isn't too much of an issue desu

Monks are unbiblical

>becoming a holy man because you can't get laid
Seemps suspect.
Lets just hope that you apply yourself to God more than you did to pussy.

jesus was a virgin

>tool of god
You will be a tool of the hierarchy
What difference does it make? Why would the God of all creation care if you follow some menial bureaucracy?

No, you will fail. You will hate it and end up leaving feeling bitter and broken. The only reason to join such a community is because you think it is the best way to live your life, not because you had no luck with women, or don't want to work, or life is hard. They will tell you this when you go talk to them and if they suspect you want to join to avoid 'life' they'll turn you away.

I've looked in to this myself.

OP, try reading "Laurus" by Vodolazkin. It's recent novel about a guy in the Middle Ages (the author is a scholar of the Middle Ages) who commits a grievous sin and seeks repentance, which leads him eventually to monasticism. It might give you an idea of the mindset, it's really a wonderful book. Also try The Way of a Pilgrim, which is a short novel written by a monk in the 19th Century.

You might also like this
youtube.com/watch?v=LpLmvsz8_AQ

A monk is how we are all supposed to live. Only difference is they are also chaste (which Paul said is better). When Saint John Chrysostom was asked how are married men and monks to live differently, he said married men are to be married.

Also, you aren't the first person to have this idea. It's a common thing.

But if you have no background in serving the church in your local parish, helping out, volunteering etc, never attend mass/confession, dont have a spiritual director who you would ask about this to see if you are personally suited to that life, have no prayer life, and by the sounds of it, not even a member of the church, then you are deluding yourself. It's a fantasy. You just want to escape from your shitty life.

If you havent done any of the above then they will see you for what you are, a waste of their time and a dreamer.

OP didn't say life was too hard, just that he can't find a woman. Which is a perfectly valid reason for becoming a monk.If he just said, "I cannot find a wife, and since Saint John Chrysostom said that the only difference between a married man and a monk should be married, I thought it best to join the monastics," they will happily give him a trial. It could last years though, it all depends. He will have a long trial period before actually committing.

should be *marriage

>
A monk is how we are all supposed to live. Only difference is they are also chaste (which Paul said is better). When Saint John Chrysostom was asked how are married men and monks to live differently, he said married men are to be married.

Hot air. Youtube videos and books give you a nice romantic idea of the thing... But when you are put to the test and try it you will fail at the reality of what being a monk is.

>A monk is how we are all supposed to live
Exactly. However, the biggest problem with Monasticism is the isolation. We are called to be the light in the darkness.

Monks are a light in the darkness, since they are example for us all by emulating the early Christian communities.

>OP didn't say life was too hard, just that he can't find a woman. Which is a perfectly valid reason for becoming a monk.
No it isn't. Are you even a practicising Catholic? You need to have a VOCATION to be a monk. No luck with the ladies doesnt mean you have a vocation, and if you dont have a vocation you will fail. There is a big difference between nowadays and John Chyrsostom's time. Religious orders won't accept people for that kind of reason anymore. They always get losers coming to them wanting to join to avoid their shitty lives but they turn them away because those people aren't called to being a monk.

just get on with life
it gets easier past the age of 26 as a virgin

I've read the Ladder of Divine Ascent, which is about very hardcore monasticism. I think have a good picture of it. It's a process of frequent fasting, very, very hard work, hours of silent prayer, and worship. With very little talk, talk is to be kept to an absolute minimal. Most (Orthodox) monks have two meals a day, a small one at four in the morning, another at four in the evening. During lent and other fast days, the morning meal is not held except the weekend. There are also a few days of the year where all food is abstained from. Monks also must be strict pescatarians.

Look up Lollardry

as far as i know that won't be enough reason to be

>There is a big difference between nowadays and John Chyrsostom's time.
I'm Orthodox :^)

All believers are called to be that example.

Yes, but they aren't. How many believers besides monks forgo private property and keep all property common?

Used to hang out with guy who ended up quiting. Surprisingly it wasn't the vow of chastity what drove him out. Some people have naturaly low libido and it's not much of an issue for them. According to him it was two things: the vow of obedience and the rampant homosexuality in the comunity.

>the rampant homosexuality in the comunity.

the what

He was Roman Catholic

The Waldensians.

Be a monk in a Boccaccio story. They get mad puss, bro.

lots of gay seminarists and priests

Not anymore.

well good luck to you. You'll either change your mind or find out the hard way.

>How are monastic orders doing in the modern world?
You know monastic orders are all about isolating yourself, right? How they are doing in the modern world isn't even a relevant question.

>27 and still a virgin
>seriously considering sticking something up my arse and masturbating to korean cartoons right now

At least I am not cucked into pretending to be religious in exchange for roof and bread.

>>Exactly. However, the biggest problem with Monasticism is the isolation.
false, only normies fear this. normies are not meant to be monk and even less meant to stop being hedonist

He will get plenty of sodomy though.

the lack of sex is harder for women

No. Most lesbian couples handle it fine.