Just had my first accident Veeky Forums

just had my first accident Veeky Forums

it wasnt even a big crash, went 65 mph on the highway but it was very busy, dark and the road was wet. the car in front of the car i was behind randomly slammed in the brakes, the car in front of my could brake in time but I was extremly tired and may not have left enough space not expecting something like that. So I couldnt slow down fast enough and ran into it.

nobody got hurt, other car just has a few scratches, but mine is totaled.

now i dont even want to drive again. watching wemb compilations, any clip containing driving gives me anxiety.

anyone else who had to get through that? how did you cope

get over it and stop being a shit driver

not kidding. i had an at-fault accident too.
got laid off. on the way home that day i slid into the back of a prius that was stopped 10 feet off the highway, while i was trying to merge into traffic.

shake it off, get over it, pay attention next time

I guesss you're right, i might want to take some time before getting behind the wheel again though

Yeah good idea, we need confident and capable people behind the wheel so this shit doesn't happen again soon

Please tell me your vehicle is the truck...?

When I had my first accident I got back behind the wheel immediately. I think you should too, just get behind and pretend like nothing changed. You need to be self-dependent, especially when it comes to driving, it is how we get around in North America.

Not doing so will decrease your confidence in the future when you get behind the wheel again and you'll always second guess everything.

Can we see more pics of the crash? :o It's interesting, I want to see more of the truck specifically, since I'm planning on buying one, and it seems to have survived pretty well.

>but it was very busy, dark and the road was wet.

Doubt that's OPs pic.

Both of you need to learn how to read. In the op it literally says

>other car has just a few scratches, but mine is totalled.
>yfw you go back and read it

>...may not have left enough space not expecting something like that. So I couldnt slow down fast enough and ran into it.

>nobody got hurt, other car just has a few scratches, but mine is totaled.

Not OP's pic

The irony of mine is too strong, although it's not my first, it just happened 2 hours ago.
>On my way to police station about an at fault hit and run I did a month ago
>Been wanting to take responsibility for it, already admitted full at fault to insurance company and just going to make sure I have no tickets or anything waiting for me
>Get 2 blocks from home
>Intersection of main street
>Proceed to cross it, as there was a gap in the traffic, and it was clear both ways
>Guy to my left who is stopped at the red light, reverses JUST as I starting to pass by him
>Front quarter panel, and little bit of door smashed in
This car is a fucking trooper, as it still drives just fucking fine, although I think it might pull ever so slightly to the right now. But not enough to notice unless you're feeling for it.
This was probably karma, and I very much probably deserved it, but fucking hell, every time I think shit's settling down a bit, and I'm trying to go do the right thing, more shit happens.

As my parents put it when I totaled my first shitbox "this is just a risk you take driving. Be more careful. ".

I did make some soul searching after the fact to weed out some bad driving (and personal) habits.

Also learned to never buy a non-truck chebby.

>at fault hit and run I did a month ago
You should be shot by a firing squad.

Was in a similar situation myself, had an at-fault accident, wen't thru a light I thought was green when it had just changed to red. The result? I got hit from the side and smashed into a concrete wall at 60 MPH. The car that hit me didn't look that bad, my car however ended up like the sedan in your pic, only from the front. Miraculously I wasn't really hurt, just a bruise in my leg from hitting the steering wheel and one on my left shoulder from the seatbelt saving my dumbfuck ass.

I was thinking about taking a break from driving for a while, Needed to find a new car after all, but I had no choice in the manner. Part of my job consists of going out and procuring shit for us, so when my boss came to me the 2 days after the accident I knew my goose was cooked. I needed to go out and drive 45 minutes to one of our sister stores to pick up some product they were transfering to our location.

"But I have no car! I was in an accident!" I plead

"Not a problem, I'll let you borrow mine. Just fill up the tank when you come back" he said.

I had to take my nervous as fuck ass to the parking lot, get in the car and drive for an hour and a half suppressing the fear of "Oh God, please don't let me crash again!". Making it worse my boss had just gotten a brand new car, and being the basketball-american he is he chose a 2015 Nissan Maxima. I turned it on and the odometer had barely cracked 1000 miles, to quote a certain new car show, poop came out.

And nothing happened. I drove to our sister location, got the stuff, and drove back. Couple days later I got another used shitbox and have been driving it ever since.

So I'll go with on this one, get on the road, it'll build up your confidence again.

your a scumbag

got caught in a gasoline fire, burned 25ish percent of skin.

you think about it when your eyes are closed and i was hella fucking nervous pumping gas into my car after because of the smell

you get over it just keep grinding, took me 3 months to get over it mentally

In my defense, I panicked. An hour later, I tried going back to leave my info (this was fucking midnight) and the car was already gone. I even kept the note I had all my info on around for 2 fucking weeks in case I saw the car again. But I never did. I was rather glad when the insurance company called me saying the guy had a claim against me to be honest.

>be shit driver
>tailgate
>wreck the car

OP confirmed for raging fag

I've had three accidents. Stop being a little bitch and get back behind the wheel and learn from where you fucked up

It's your fault you didn't keep enough distance from the front car.

Get back behind the wheel and use this as a lesson to no longer have any accidents.

>Not OP's pic

Really? How do you know?

I just had my first accident a few minutes ago, but it was very minor. Traffic slowed very suddenly and I was braking along with the guy in front of me but I got very close because he broke so suddenly, then when he was at 5mph or so he just slammed his brakes and stopped immediately, I slammed mine but didn't have time to stop and bumped into him. We got out and didn't see any damage, his bumper had a lot of scuffmarks but he said it had been like that and I had nothing visible (have a few light scuff marks that'll probably come out) so we agreed to just go our separate ways. In the end no harm was done but I'm just pissed that I finally had an accident and it was my fault. Traffic slows suddenly like that all the time and it's hard to keep your distance from the guy in front of you but it just takes one idiot braking like that to make you hit him. I'll have to be more careful in the future, this is a bad feel.

how did the guy make a claim against you with you running, and no info?

We won't give you sympathy over bloodshed, post pics of the car or we don't care.

>4 weeks before Christmas
>Retards in college hit my car while it's parked
>Kept going until the passenger door, fender, and bumper all need fixed
>Ran off and college is too poor to afford parking lot cameras, even though we keep building more shit
>Can't even enact vigilante justice
c'mon dude

good fuck you hit and run cunt die in a fire

I've yet to be in an accident (When I was driving), but I feel you.

After being in so many with friends that could have ended terribly (One small tree was stopping us from going off the side of a fucking mountain), I feel extremely anxious whenever I'm not the one driving.

Rolled my Lexus about four times down the side of a mountain at night.

No cell phone signal, went straight to hospital and then home and woke up to cops at my door. They referred me to another dept, who didn't call me back, then CHP calls me insinuating all kindsa bullshit like I "hit and run" some wire fence that my car went over, and that I didn't report it to cops. What the fuck.

Bought a new car a couple weeks later, driving that now. Don't let it get to your head, PTSD trauma reactions can come on after some time, so be mindful and pull over if you have panic attack symptoms or feel faint or something.

t. medical resident in psychiatry

>4 weeks before Christmas
So November?

>now i dont even want to drive again. watching wemb compilations, any clip containing driving gives me anxiety.
when I slipped with my motorcycle I had anxiety for a week and took corners like shit in that week becuase I was too scared.
luckily it's only lasted for a week.

so don't worry it's gonna pass.

Here my first accident, about a month and a half ago.

>Waiting at left turn on Yellow light
>3 lanes per direction
>2/3 opposite direction cars have stopped at intersection
>3rd, middle one speeding up to intersection
>I committed half way, 3rd didnt stop and made contact
>My Camry all airbags deployed, front bumper gone, passenger's right side exposed to the frame
>3rd car, F Expedition, broken Driver's front light and scratched bumper

I got 3 tickets as a result that I gotta go explain to the judge - 1 certainly at fault, but will try to fight point addition on the other 2.

First accident an hourish ago. Fug my back and left leg hurt, probably should have gone with the EMTs. No one was seriously injured tho, thank god. My driver side door is almost fucking concave, I'm lucky to be so okay. Probably easier to just get the car totalled, everything is fucked and my bumper came off for some unknown reason. No bruises on me even though my seat was lifted up, holy shit.

Enjoy your fucked up shit retard, you could have internal bleeding or a concussion and shit. Let me guess america where you would be paying for that ambulance and hospital visit.

>America
Yeah, but I can afford it and was more concerned with the other driver's condition and exchanging insurance. She was fine, just a little spooked. I think she may have been speeding with how bad my door was and how my car spun out.

Jeepers. You're lucky to be alive, user.

Good luck getting reimbursed/

I've been in several, some with me driving, some with me not.

I've flipped a car before, drove it home
>pic related
I've also had my entire wheel come off on the interstate at 70mph, almost swerved into a semi, luckily I got some control and put it in the median. CHP complimented me on not dying.
Whiskey throttle all the time, usually due to actual whiskey.
Every time I crash I just want to fix it or get something better. It's like after a good crash my passion for driving burns hotter.
I wanna get a shitbox with a rollcage and do some stuntman shit.

15 years almost. No crash.

And all the shit chrysler gets, this thing still runs and drives.
Just over 200k miles.
Now most off the shit is broken, no ac/heat, radios wonky, all warning lights always on, well the check engine one blinks. But the engine works and it drives in a fairly straight line.

>It's like after a good crash my passion for driving burns hotter
God bless, you absolute madman.

>all airbags deployed
Based Toyoter. After my crash, I was completely fine.

Time will help, OP. I was in a similar situation and it took a few months for the anxiety to wane. I hated the thought of driving for some time but I eased back into it.

I assume he had a camera or something of the sort. I don't really know how he knew, nor do I care. I was ready to admit fault, so I'm glad he knew somehow. That was for sure the most cuntish thing I've done, and I'm not going to be panicking like that again.

Now that's fucked. As bad as it was that I did it, the only thing that was wrong with the other guys car was a scratched back bumper, and a slightly misaligned sensor. My car got the worst of it all with a pushed in bumper, smashed light, and bent hood.

Never Content.

Crashed into a wild fence shortly after this. Thing came outta fucking nowhere

You were clearly tailgating, else you would've stopped in time. kys.

>confident and capable people
No truer words have ever been spoken on this board.

>It's like after a good crash my passion for driving burns hotter.

fuck yes Veeky Forums

i still cant get over my first accident OP. mine was a minor thing tho. fickin guy infront of me didnt check his blind spot, he hit me and i got blamed. he had a witness who said i was speeding. 25MPH looks fast on foot. them white people came together real quick to take down the brown man

About two years ago my brother and I hit a tree with our 2009 Corolla. The car was totaled but we walked away with no injuries. I've had no issue driving cars since that accident.

Not him but it's possible to rear end and not be tailgating. I've had a shitfuck go 200% on brakes when he was merging onto a perfectly clear highway from an onramp, I didn't catch it fast enough since I was double checking it was clear when he did that.

Shit happens, it's usually tailgaters who don't crash because they're actually prepared to brake, when you have someone ahead of you who has absolutely no reason to you let your guard down

>assumes everything is because of your skin color
Go on and tell us how they're racist when you're the one judging people based on their race

we CAN'T be racist. white people in suffer like we have and still are today. white people hate us and even our own people hate each other. if anything we earned the right to hate our oppressor

Okay so this is either bait or you're actually retarded. Either way, not worth my time.

The only one keeping you down is your own stupid ass who will never admit responsibility for your actions because muh boogeyman

you'll never get over the phobia until you face it

>we CAN'T be racist

hahhahhaha

>stop at red light
>retard spic or some shit trucker behind tears my car a new one
>my car runs into the car infront, the car infront hits the car infront of it
>the cars that I hit barely had a dented bumper
>the guy that hit me drove off the second the accident happen
>I'm left in the middle of the street with a totaled car, my whole back and front caved in
>god bless honda cause I was still able to drive that rekt accord home like it was brand new
>insurance replaced the whole thing

Few days later I had class and couldn't skip, so I got in my dad's car and drove. What gave me piece of mind was my dad's dash cam, makes you feel a lot better knowing that your ass is covered if you don't do anything wrong. Investing in one could help, but more importantly you just have to drive. You'll get used to it again.

>have pristine old Volvo
>driving to work one morning
>road is covered in ice
>some dickwad pulls out in front of the pickup in front of me
>we both slam on the brakes
>truck stops, my wheels lock and I rear end him at no more than 2-3 MPH
>pretty much zero damage to the truck, tow hook took the full impact and just bent slightly, plus the guy was chill as fuck, didn't give a shit
>but there's a big unsightly dent in the nose of my once perfect S80
technically I was at fault so there was no point in trying to get insurance to fix it
shit really pissed me off, wanted to find the cunt who caused the accident and skin him alive

> old Volvo
> S80
> old

U wat m8?

first gen, 17 years old at this point, pretty sure that qualifies as "old"

About a year ago, I was leaving my parents house and some faggot college fuck decided that he wanted to go to Circle K. So, he went from the far left lane to the right and cut right in front of me, naturally we collided. Little faggot even told the police officer that I caused the accident. Cop cited his dumbass but the fuckers insurance wanted to total my 05 Celica GT. Damages exceeded $5500 but no way in hell were they going to total my car. The instant I mentioned getting a lawyer, they backed off and repaired my car.

Yep.

But in all honesty I wouldn't have wanted the accident to have gone any other way. Sure, I lost a lot of money in getting a new car and fighting the ticket the police gave me for careless driving. Really nice of them since they could've easily given me one for running a red light, plus the fact that it happened in a safe corridor meant double the fee. plus the court fee, plus the monetary penalty for removing the points out of the ticket (Fuck you NJ) Once all was said and done I paid 500+ dollars just on that alone. Had to buy another shitbox for a couple thousand and my insurance almost doubled.

But had I gotten to the intersection half a second later, I would've hit *them* at 60 MPH. I was by myself, he had 4 people in his car. I really could've killed someone that day, so you know what? I managed to walk out of my car and only had some bruises? perfectly fine outcome by me.