Lets say you buy a new BMW with a maintenance scheduled every 15000 miles. Do you really need to go that often...

Lets say you buy a new BMW with a maintenance scheduled every 15000 miles. Do you really need to go that often? What are they doing to your car that you cant do yourself.

>muh calibration

I know its a cross over but to me that honda crv is the most beautiful SUV

> 15k miles
> Often

You should change the oil every 7500 miles at most.

this

Depends on the model. You can find a bentley manual for the inspection checklists, pic related

Also this

Also OP why wouldn't you just post a pic of the car you bought

Good luck changing the oil on that thing.

Fucking Germans.

This more than anything. The newest series require at least 2 people to open the hood if I'm not mistaken. Also I oil change every 10k miles, the oil is still clean each time, but I commute a lot to work.

I didnt buy one yet, Im considering buying a new Audi A3 E-tron. I live in Norway and hybrids and electric cars are heavily subsidized.

>t.
>qiquang lu xeng

>FIFTEEN THOUSAND MILES

That sounds like oil gunk to me mate

>The newest series require at least 2 people to open the hood if I'm not mistaken.

only the I8 which costs anyway 200.000 € and is electric
>murricans think bmws are some sort of spaceship you need magic power to maintenance

no wonder you are so afraid of nazis you rednecks

modern BMWs (from about 2005, depends on model) tell you everything you need to service/do (general inspection, oil change, brakes, water for washer, battery voltage, legal inspection, tire pressure, etc...)

over than that just use common sense

bullshit, modern oil can hold up to 30.000 km (20k miles).
my bordcomputer tells me by himself when i need to change my oil, it calculates it depending on your driving style

>trusting a computer
>implying they don't purposefully lengthen the interval to cause you trouble down the road

My E46 recommended 15K intervals, after 15K highway on fully synth it came out like molasses despite being red hot

10K is really the limit, and a lot of engines (especially turboed) should really be done every 7K

>came out like molasses
dear god how horrifying

After switching to synth I just do it each spring after the winter now-to-absorb-all-the-shit season, and even then it's just a slinky brown.

I sold the E46 a while back, my current car (Rover 45) has oil that comes out like mayo due to a cracked water jacket

It runs pretty good though and I've put about 20,000 miles on it this year and it's yet to die, so I assume water is a good lubricant

godspeed my man

all cars deserve to die with honor

The maintenance schedule on a bmw and the oil change interval should not be considered the same. Although the car will tell you 15k for the inspection it also calculates the oil change by how you drive and adjusts it accordingly. It works out to 7-8k between oil changes not 15k. At least that's how it is on my m3.

>implying they don't shorten it to keep you coming back

Trouble down the road could mean selling and buying another brand. That's not the risk they want to take

my e87 biturbo diesel recommends every 25-30k km and the oil is fine when i change it

its black as fuck but its normal for diesel but liquid

You dont need to go at all.. only normies go to mechanics.