/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
>Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
>Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOr0d1hNuH0
youtube.com/watch?v=nwE2xuK1oXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=iOr0d1hNuH0

watching these gives me some slight hope for a monster hunter movie actually being decent

i know, i know, it wont be.

Isn't it supposedly going to be one of those movies where they enter the real world

Its the average dude learns he's not average and has a destiny story so it's more the real world coming into the MH world

oh god what

starting a new 4u save cause I miss fps and cinematics
want to take a step away from SA

rank the weapons by ease of use

I really hope they go back to unlocked FPS and cinematics in 5

X's 'cinematics' are just cringeworthily bad

Just use the greatsword. That's all you need in 4U.

Good job so far /mhg/!

A new thread and no talk of smelling feet that have a nose tingling stink to them or wanting to lick Charlottes filth encrusted used toilet paper clean.

If we keep this up I get the feeling we'll have a good thread for once.

Yeah, no degeneracy here. I just want to tenderly kiss Charlotte's sweaty armpits which is completely normal.

youtube.com/watch?v=nwE2xuK1oXQ

>tfw no sweaty feet to sniff

This is like one of my Japanese animes.

>Get to 6* Village quests in MH : Gen
>Decide to farm Kirins for the armor + sword and shield
>Farm and craft until I only need 2 more horns
>Suddenly the fucking quest is gone
Was the Kirin quest a limited event?
Am I fucked now or something?
I'm super new to MH so please have mercy on my newfag ass.

Also, apparently 6* is the highest you can get in the village, but there are far more quests and difficulties in the guild, should I just finnish the armor + a base set of elemental weapons doing village quests and then switch to the guild quest lines?

I only play solo so I am assuming that I can't really do the guild quests on my own, though I haven't tried yet.

this, it tells me they didn't care and lowers my overall opinion of the game slightly

You can play guild quests solo offline

that's not the best meme set anymore, it's mixed with lodestar now

you can solo everything. guild hall quests are scaled to two players, so you can expect double the time to kill something compared to village.

also the kirin quest was an advanced quest, take and abandon quests until it reappears

Thank you Charlotte for helping me with some quests! ~

>starts new 4U file
>''why the fuck does the camara move so SLOW??''

Listen here kiddo, don't u think ur fuckin special alright? U think ur hot shit?! Cuz ur fuckin not. Charlotte's just such a nice person that she can't ignore anyone in trouble okay?

Don't u fucking think that you can get close to her just because of that ok? I'll SAED you hard next time u think u can act so friendly with MY Charlotte, punk!

last time i tried frontier the updater almost literally melted my cpu (shot up to 150c and locked up)

is it worth risking it for another attempt?

>frontier

Something went wrong, if your hardware is the same I wouldn't risk it.

>her

:^)

This user here again, so I managed to finally get the Kirin armor and slotted +1 Prot and +1 Lasting PWR into it, seems like the easiest and best solution.

Now all I need are some good weapons, and I'm mostly interested in status weapons ( Poison and Bomb ).

What are some good weapons for both of those, and what sort of set would supplement a good Poison / Bomb weapon?

Thanks in advance.

This was changed, doesn't work like this anymore

yes it does

Abandon never advanced time and gathering/harvest tours no longer advance time either

Certain specific quests also don't advance time (so nothing like 3U kelbi horn delivery is possible)

When people say this place is dead they aren't kidding.

Am I the only one still playing Monster Hunter?

No, people just tend to be busy to play it near Christmas.

Busy with what though? It's holiday time. There's nothing else to do but play games and laze around.

Actually mhgen's 3 kelbi horn quest works

Does anyone have the picture of the Lance icon where it says "Poke, Poke, Poke, Hop" on it? Looking for the biggest size possible, too.

I have it!

I'm playing. But I don't have anything interesting to share. Have a blos burger.

Is Diablos as easy to lock down in P3rd as it is in FU?

It's hilarious how easy it is to cheese in FU with flash and sonic bombs. I don't remember doing it so easy in 3 or 4U.

I want to play, but I just got engaged and need to work.

would you love your son if he were a velociprey

Haven't tried flashes. But he barely charges out of rage mode.

I've been playing pretty much every day since gen came out, I just don't have much to say about it

Prowler is worst weapon

I wanted to play today but Charlotte got away before I could join...

Does anyone think fighting Kirin is fun? Legitimately curious.

Which gen Kirin?

Well, I'm only familiar with 4U and Gen Kirin so I'll go with those.

>DB
How do we fix Aerial Slam so it's not completely useless?

It looks fun as fuck, but knowing how easy it is to bushido dodge, I seriously have to ask why the fuck this is allowed. This looks even more easy-mode than 4U CB.

Best weapon to bully the pickle?

Lance, SnS, LBG, DB.

>LBG
>pickle
>no evasion
LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE YOU CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the only thing more obscene than the window for bushido dodge is the fact that you get a free, relatively-high potency attack and TWO long distance demon dashes during which you are COMPLETELY INVULNERABLE

I might play Striker more if Adept didn't make me feel like I was playing DMC.

no

The only thing less fun than Kirin is hyper silver rathalos.

Good to know I'm not alone. I only needed two azurehorns and though guild kirin is easy as fuck, it's still an extremely obnoxious monster. Also
>80% to drop azurehorn on head break
>Thunderhorn, Azurehorn, Thunderhorn
fuck you desire sensor

I honestly hate combo-based action games like dmc mainly because for some odd reason I suck at them

part of why I'm attracted to games like dark souls and monhun, they're a lot more methodical

no

that's why god made aerial SA

Or Bow, or GS, or Normal Gunning.

none of those really make the fight completely not a fight like aerial SA does. Easier perhaps, but you're still fighting the thing

any little annoying monster that can be killed in 2-3 mounts worth of stamina slash combo is pure aerial SA fodder

Yeah I'm just mount-spamming that fucker with aerial SA. I'm sort of curious though since I'm inexperienced with SA, when a monster's down, should I axe-stamina-combo or sword-A-A combo mode their head?

>dark souls
>methodical
As someone who's played all 5 of the games, no. They're not "methodical" at all.

Your opinion is dumb. Compare to any regular hack and slash game. Souls games have you commit to your attacks and punish you for just spamming the attack button.

Hack&Slash=Diablo and shit.
Dark Souls doesn't fit that genre at all.

with aerial style just stamina slash into the finisher, if you're a real baller you can time it so that the finisher is hitting them in the face as they are standing up for even more hits

he's obviously comparing them to stylish action games like DMC and bayonetta, in which case even Bloodborne is hella methodical by comparison

don't be dense

>Mayo
>Not Methodical

I think he means spectacle fighter when he says "hack and slash game"

>Souls games have you commit to your attacks and punish you for just spamming the attack button.
So does almost every other action game of any kind on the market. Many of them do a better job of it too with far better hitboxes. Hell, even Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix does it better. You won't find any bullshit vacuum grabs or anything like that in most other action games.

That's Beat'em'all.

Yeah, Souls is a shit series with shit gameplay and everything about it is bad. It's not methodical, it's thoughtless button mashing, artificial difficulty, etc. etc.

I hear you buddy. We can drop it.

Souls gameplay sucks. I like the exploring though.

>Souls is a shit series with shit gameplay and everything about it is bad ... it's thoughtless button mashing, artificial difficulty, etc. etc.
But I didn't say any of that at all. Please, find anywhere within either of my posts where those things were said. The only thing even remotely resembling any of that is my (legitimate) complaint about a lot of the hitboxes, which are absolutely unjustifiably bad.
I'm actually a big fan of the Souls series in general, having been a fan since the release of Demon's Souls. I'm just a little bit tired of people giving it undue praise for doing the same shit action games have been doing for years before it, and often better.

So, you can go fellate a shotgun, you smart ass.

>tfw if you only said monster hunter instead of mentioning souls none of this would have happened

What's that old saying about speaking up and looking stupid? Pretty relevant.

see me 1v1 in moga woods u won't

>started playing MH with FU
>have played every single MH since
>have probably put in at least 10k hours over all the years
>tfw still fucking awful at the game
I can get by and usually don't cart, and I try to cover my shit reflexes and skills with lots of prep and reading up but big stuff like thunderlord and hyper jho are super tough and I don't think I'd get by without multiplayer.
Anyone else here can'tgitgud?

So what does this new mix even have over the old one

a cool cape

Is that it

crit eye 3 and only requires a sharpness 4 ooo I think

Is 4U's /mhg/ livelier than Gen's?

Hi all. I've not played in a while and I'm hoping to get back into Monster Hunter. I love greatsword and gunlance and I've been playing around with the styles. What's your thoughts on these weapons?

I like the idea behind Adept Greatsword, but I always feel that by the time the counter-dodge and run to attack happens the monster is already on the other side of the battlefield and that's before taking into account having to charge up the blade. Seems okay-ish for the gunlance. A poke into a quick reload.

Aerial for both weapons feels pretty spammy and boring personally. Up down wham/boom. Up down wham/boom.

Striker seems eh for both. Hit away, use big special. Repeat.

Part of me is thinking that perhaps guild is the way to go? What do you all think about Greatsword and Gunlance this time around?

>hack 3ds just to play stories
>its shit

Guild GS >=Striker>>>Aerial/Adept
Adept GL>Striker>Aerial/Guild

>hack 3DS to play MHX
>it's shit
>missed playing 4U with /mhg/ because of it
>XX looks shit for the same reasons
>tfw I'll be playing 4U for at least another year until 5 is released

called it

There's a few stragglers for each game, you just have to inquire. Some guys recently organized a game of MHFU over the Discord.

gen would be alive if charlobot advertised in the thread

>implying 5 won't have EVEN MORE gimmicks

It's only going to snowball from here.

Nope, because Fujioka

Who introduced underwater, again?

>Implying underwater was bad over the top gimmicky bullshit

>page 10

Thunderlord can maybe fuck your shit but hyper jho is easier than regular jho.
>dangerous attacks have huge delays now
>never goes exhausted so no more dealing with his infinite bites
He just has way more health.

Thunderlord is a weaker Zin with an unavoidable shittily animated unique attack

Should I even bother with an Insect Glaive until I can get one that's good enough to level all the way?

In Gen sure.