Why does Protestantism get so much hate around here?

Why does Protestantism get so much hate around here?

Other urls found in this thread:

protestanterrors.com/
bible-researcher.com/hilary.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Catholicism is very aesthetic and Orthodoxy is a cultural club, which are very important to Veeky Forums types. Protestants actually take the religion part of it seriously and believe in it unironically, which is extremely embarrassing for the other two groups.

Catholic infestation

Mostly /pol/ LARPers who equate Murrican Protestantism with Soren Kierkegaard or John Milton

We preach Christ crucified; A shame unto the Jews and foolishness unto the gentiles

*tips fedora*

Because it's pure exoteric, modernist, literalist, mysticism-free retardation

(You)

young earth creationism

Hardly restricted to Protestantism.

This

It didn't make Christianity better, it just made it worst. Say what you will about Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and the other Apostolic traditions but at least they're consistent with their theological views.

but it is
other than some jews

people conflating the 300 000 denominations with a couple of american fundie baptist sects

That's just a lie. Traditionalist Catholicism and Orthodoxy are filled with YEC.

Protestantism is spiritually, intellectually, and culturally desolate, as well as lacking any kind of theological continuity with the ancients.

(You)

Are Catholics impervious to honesty?

There is a decent YEC strand in Orthodoxy, although not dominant. There isn't really any significant strand of that in Catholicism.

Which denomination of honesty are you talking about?

Traditionalist Catholicism, SSPX and Sedevacantism
Is that a yes?

It's the whole Catholics-are-Pagans-because-they-worship-Marry shitposting.

Where does one begin in getting acquainted with Eastern Orthodox and Theological views? Are these considered Catholic, Hermetic-Catholic, Gnostic-Catholic? Coming from someone originally turned off by Protestantism, but increasingly finding the esoteric or metaphysical orders in doctrines to be quite fascinating.

Suggested reading material?

Read the Church Fathers

I have seen far more shitposting from Catholics here than Protestants

Because deep in their hearts they know that it's the one true and pure form of the faith of Christ.

>Are these considered Catholic, Hermetic-Catholic, Gnostic-Catholic?
They're schismatics, not pagans

mainly that 'PROTTIENIGGER' guy

>Protestants actually take the religion part of it seriously
This is what proddies actually believe lol

>Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
Matthew 7:15-20

protestanterrors.com/

Because it's autists caring too much about religion. Everyone low key vaguely believed in God and angels and saints and Mary and it was nice, gave everyone comfort, the Church helped the poor, basically it was just a good way to unite everyone around something.

And then that mouthbreather strolls in, and actually believes in this shit ! He's willing to destroy the entire Church, just cause it has become a bit fat, and because it started offering a "Quick way to Paradise" service, because it's """heretical""" or whatever the fuck. It was just a nice way for people to ensure that nuns and priests and monks prayed for your deceased loved ones, hoping that they don't spend as much time in Purgatory. But nooo, you can't help out a grieving family, he just had to ruin the fun for everyone else.

So he went batshit, created his little sect that grew quickly, married a nun, and all hell broke loose.

and this guy

Some more of that lovely shitposting

So much for "Reformation was modernist", eh Catholics?

IRA-IDF

Is Calvinism worse?
Why Luther get so much hate?

Yeah that's why your prophet Luther removed Christ from the crucifix right?

No, that was because of idolatry being prohibited

Lying is a sin prottie.

Veeky Forums has been shit up by protestants making repeat threads about how Catholicism is pagan. Every time protestants get primary sources that show the Early Church Fathers support Catholicism and you fucks just dig your head in the sand.

>Veeky Forums has been shit up by protestants making repeat threads about how Catholicism is pagan
I have yet to see a single such thread. However, i have seen multiple this week alone about how Luther was a false prophet.
> Every time protestants get primary sources that show the Early Church Fathers
You mean when the Malaysian spams a thread with screenshots of Roman Catholic websites and says "PROTNIGGERS BTFO" repeatedly?

Because Luther was backed by rulers, and so did more damage, he trigged the Thirty Years War. Calvin only triggered the English Civil War, which was Protestant vs. Protestant.

>he trigged the Thirty Years War
Actually the Catholic emperor did by chimping out on Protestants, again.

Because protestants recognized that Papal supremacy begin after bishop Boniface and emperor Justinian as an attempt to unify Christendom.
Protestants realize the apostles never view apocryphal literature as equal to scripture.

Literally this. With Catholics it's always shit like "we have the prettiest buildings" and "our rule is the best suited for civilization building" and "Tridentine mass is really comfy" and other shitty clutter which doesn't really have to do anything with the religion itself.

there are some pretty comfy proddy churches desu
they're not all converted mcdonald's outlets/toolsheds

Yeah you do a great job following a bible you carefully censored to fit protestant dogma.

A bible originally canonized by Catholics before Protestants butchered it so that they didn't have to preform Christian works to be saved.

PROTNIGGERS EXPLAIN

PROTNIGGERS BTFO BY HISTORY

NONE HAVE REFUTED ANY SINGLE ONE OF MY SOURCES

SO STUPID

NONE OF MY SOURCES ARE CATHOLIC

MY SOURCES ARE SCHOLARSHIP STUPID PIECE OF SHIT

This and the emperors desire for a more centralized state. And the war wouldn't have lasted 30 years without france and sweden fighting for hegemony

>le no one actually believed it meme

I was wondering when you would show up. Now go away.

PROTNIGGER SO MAD HE CANT ADDRESS ANY SINGLE ONE OF MY ACADEMIC SOURCES

FUCK OFF PROTESDUMB

>protties will never provide a counter argument to a scholarly source

And here I thought proteshits prided themselves on reading.

LOOK AT THIS PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT

HERE HAVE SOME REAL HISTORY

THEY DONT BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED OF TRUTH

>When discussing history, please reference credible source material, and provide as much supporting information as possible in your posts.
You go away.

Newadvent.org is a catholic website

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS

OH OF COURSE YOU CANT STUPID CUNT

I don't that's codeword for "shitpost everywhere"

You can barely get through a Christian thread without someone slamming Luther whether it is relevant or not.

SHOWS HOW PROTNIGGERS CANT READ

THOSE ARE WRITINGS FROM ANTE NICENE FATHERS TRANSLATED BY PROTTIES DIPSHIT!

I'll give you 7 verses:

John 10:16, John 21:15-17, Matthew 12:30 and Matthew 16:18-19.

PROTNIGGER SO BUTTHURT BY HISTORY HE HAVE TO CHANGE TE TOPIC

First of all, that's 4 verses
Secondly they have nothing to do with Papalism

PROTNIGGER SO MAD HE CANT ARGUE

>that's 4 verses
hurr

Don't forget to mention 1 peter 2 for the cornerstone.

PROTNIGGERS BTFO BY HISTORY FOREVER

PROTNIGGERS EXPLAIN

?

PROTNIGGERS CANT EXPLAIN THIS

Thanks for making this thread extra cancery

Do you have a tinfoil mitre?

"And in the proverbs Solomon tells us that as "the north wind driveth away rain, so doth an angry countenance a backbiting tongue.(Prov. 25:23)" It sometimes happens that an arrow when it is aimed at a hard object rebounds upon the bowman, wounding the would-bewounder, and thus, the words are fulfilled, "they were turned aside like a deceitful bow," (Psalm 128:57) and in another passage: "whoso casteth a stone on high casteth it on his own head." (Sir. 27:25) Jerome, To Rusticus, Epistle 125, 19 (A.D. 404), in NPNF2, VI:251

TRUTH IS CANCER FOR PROTSHITS

The former, it is said by Holy Scripture: Do not become like the horse and the mule which have no understanding (Psalm 31:9). The proud effort of the latter is blamed when it is said: Seek not the things that are too high for thee, and search not into things above thy ability (Sirach 3:22). To the former it is said: Mortify your members which are upon the earth: fornication, uncleanness, lust, eveil consupiscence (Col. 3:5), to the latter it is said: Beware lest any man cheat you by philosophy and vain deceipt (Col. 2:8) St. Gregory the Great, A Synthesis of Moralia in Job, Book 1, Part 3, 21, p. 116

Read it, and debate with safety.
For the Catholics had abandoned the words of their first "pope". So, its up to you to kindly give them reproof, and show them them the way.

>Read it
Did you?

Such suggestions are inconsistent with the clear sense of Scripture For all things, as the Prophet says [ref 2 Maccabees 7:28], were made out of nothing; it was no transformation of existing things, but the creation into a perfect form of the non-existent." Hilary of Poitiers, On the Trinity, 4:16 (A.D. 359), in NPNF2, IX:76

So you're the shitpost king. Got it.

PROTNNIGER CANNOT TAKE THE TRUTH THAT THEY REMOVED BOOKS FROM BIBLE

For it stands in Scripture:
“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious,
and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”
So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe,
“The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”
and
“A stone of stumbling,
and a rock of offense.”
Who is this "I" and stone/cornerstone?: God.
So, even Peter admits he, himself, isn't the stone reference in Matt 16:18

PROTNIGGERS FEAR THIS

Are these guys for real? Kill yourselves

>Hilary of Poitiers
Excuse me, would you please explain to why Dr.Hilary's biblical canon doesn't include Maccabees.
bible-researcher.com/hilary.html

weak bait

PROTNIGGER CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH

LOOK AT THIS CANNIBAL

WOW EXCUSE ME

WHY DID HE CITE IT AS SCRIPTURE THEN?

NO DISTINCTION MADE AT ALL

PROTTIE BTFO

NON CANONICAL SIMPLY MEANT NOT PUBLICLY READ YOU IDIOT

As you have listened already to Moses and Isaiah, so listen now to Jeremiah inculcating the same truth as they:--'This is our God, and there shall be none other likened unto Him, Who hath found out all the way of knowledge, and hath given it unto Jacob His servant and to Israel His beloved. Afterward did He shew Himself upon earth and dwelt among men.' [Baruch 3:36-38] Hilary of Poitiers, On the Trinity, 4:42 (A.D. 359), in NPNF2, IX:84

Well...if the first pope's words are meaningless to you, maybe he's not as great as other catholics say he is.

Then, while the devout soul was baffled and astray through its own feebleness, it caught from the prophet's voice this scale of comparison for God, admirably expressed, 'By the greatness of His works and the beauty of the things that He hath made the Creator of worlds is rightly discerned' [Wisdom 13:5]." Hilary of Poitiers, On the Trinity, 1:7 (A.D. 359), in NPNF2, IX:42

>I don't understand what I read and I've debunked 2000 years of Catholic history with one verse
cringe

They say that the Father has prescience of all things, as the blessed Susanna says, 'O eternal God, that knowest secrets, and knowest all things before they be' [Daniel 13:42-Susanna]" Hilary of Poitiers, On the Trinity, 4:8 (A.D. 359), in NPNF2, IX:73.

in his canon, he list Jeremiah's "epistle", which is Baruch.
You still haven't answered my question.

>2000
More like 1400-1100
Still not refuting my claim.

Roman Catholicism started less than 500 years ago with the Council of Trent.

>You still haven't answered my question.
He never will. Stop trying. Nothing will stop his cancer.

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. Matthew 16:18 NIV

What I don't understand is how this means that every "pope" after Peter somehow gets dibs on this church and divine infallibility. Why would anyone after Peter have right to change scripture ie. indulgences or priests having the authority to forgive sins.

I'm a buddhist though so this shit makes no sense

(You)
(You)

AGAIN

WHY DID HE CITE MACABEES AS SCRIPTURE?

THIS MEANS NON CANONICAL DOESNT AUTOMATICALLY NOT SCRIPTURE YOU DUMBASS