Hi Veeky Forums I'm currently saving up money to complete a massive project. I'm going to convert my 91 Accord to rwd...

Hi Veeky Forums I'm currently saving up money to complete a massive project. I'm going to convert my 91 Accord to rwd. I understand there is going to be a lot of custom fabrication the only question I have is what kind of modifications would need to be done to the rear suspension in order to handle it?

what a waste of money

Not as much as you are

never done this type of thing before but that is what i can imagine needing to be done to a car that was only ever intended to be fwd
>custom length axles
>driveshaft
>custom engine and chassis mounts
>custom front subframe/steering rack
>custom rear subframe
>custom knuckles
>making sure whatever knuckles you get/make can mount to the frame/suspension, and if not, modify them
>cutting the firewall and making a tunnel for the driveshaft/transmittion/diff without destroying the frame

thats just a few of the things i can think of
basically covered it

Thanks for the info I'm planning on using most of the drivetrain from an s2000 and using an adapter plate to mount a k24 to the transmission from the S2k

If this somehow works I will be looking for you to post results some time in the future

Why not do this to a 4G Prelude? It's the same platform and everyone knows the Prelude should have been RWD anyways

pick the body and modify it to fit in a RWD chassis.

They're unibody dipshit, it don't work that way

People move the entire front subframe with the engine to the back, and keep it transverse. Its not that hard, but requires a lot of custom work.

Its been done a lot.

I'm currently restoring the car as well so it might be a while

You are so remarkably boned rofl.

I'm trying to make it a sleeper so the interior has to look completely the same or unnoticeably modified

Then you picked the wrong fucking car, holy shit

inb4 he gets halfway done and then runs out of money and patience and is left with a useless destroyed car

Hahahaha holy shit dude just stop now before you fuck up harder than you already have and lose even more money.

Good job OP I'm in the middle of converting my Lancer ES to a 7.3l powerstroke diesel.

Don't let h8rs get u down.

im sorry man, but you're clueless

I've seen it done on civics where the inside still looks stock why would it be different here?

You're better off doing your own research and at least doing a cursory googling on RWD conversions. It will take lots of cutting and welding and custom parts as said. If you don't know how to do that, then either save up because this will cost $$$ or better go to community college and take a few fabrication courses. If you do embark, I want pics. Although expect lots of discouragement because people apparently care how you spend your money (but pretend they don't).

Also consider alternatives. It's nice to have a special snowflake but it also means special snowflake parts and prices. Consider a locost.

Then why don't you explain?

Thanks for the advice I do understand there is going to be a lot of custom fabrication which is why I'm going to learn how to weld and such

Yeah. You should at least learn the skills involved and demonstrate a bit before you even make plans like these otherwise you'll just invite more mockery.

>Prelude should have been RWD anyways
this and fucking del sol
fucking honda being retarded
I bet original plans for del sol were mid engined front wheel drive.
Fuck honda ruining perfectly GOAT cars by making them FWD

I'm still currently restoring the car so I have time to learn and save

I've learnt welding and even when you were able to test welds by banging on it with a hammer it was still hard to get right.
I wouldn't go from welding handles onto a plate to car frames, you might fuck up and be left with a frame that breaks as soon as you sit in. Or a frame that brakes while you're busy smoking a mustang in the twisties.

But I hope you get it done. People converted del sol to MR, fixing the car. May you have great success in fixing the accord

Thanks for the support

It's not a matter of lifting a body to put on a different frame because Honda sedans/coupes are unibody where the chassis and body are one as opposed to body on frame like the Crown Vic and other panther platform cars where the body is placed on the frame

Wait wait wait....

So OP makes this thread, asks super basic questions any somewhat experienced wrencher should know, and then says he has no idea how to weld or fab?

This smells completely of bullshit. OP is some aspire that doesn't even own a car looking to role play on Veeky Forums for some weird sense of self satisfaction.

He probably just wanted to see if it was possible, or this is one big bait thread

>I'm going to convert my 91 Accord to rwd
No you aren't. You're a teenager and you have no idea what you're doing.

>what kind of modifications would need to be done to the rear suspension in order to handle it?

This question alone proves you have no idea what you're talking about. You need an entirely new rear subframe. Either custom or from another car. Either way you're going to have custom rear unibody to mount it.

Just buy a RWD car

>You're a teenager and you have no idea what you're doing.

This. So much this. If I was a friend of OPs, I'd slap his shit.

The term is spitballing. Generally when somebody has an idea and does that they're more trying to figure out what stopped anyone else who had the same idea than actually asking how to do it. I'd wager that's the boat OP sailed here on like the people who ask why you can't build a 4WD Panther.

I see where you're coming from, but allow me to play Devils advocate.

Any actual enthusiast on this board undertaking a project has a basic understanding of the process to achieve their goal. Further, they've already most likely been using google and pootube to further their knowledge. The thread that individual would post would have very specific information requests showing their point-in-process and scope of understanding.

Any thread stating "I'm DEFINITELY converting X car to X drivetrain, how do I do it," is a clueless teenager with nothing worthwhile to say, yet they still want to feel included in car culture.

Lol op you silly billy, you dont hve the follow through or the skill to pull off something like that

I look forward to seeing this '90% finished' project on craigslist

You're an idiot who knows nothing about cars, who is too poor to get anything but a goddamn Honda. If you want a large car with RWD go with something like a Cadillac CTS.

Want sporty RWD? Mustang, Camaro, G35

Want a broken travesty POS Honda Accord that will not work? Then by all means.

Gonna have to agree with this

>I'm going to convert my 91 Accord to rwd
>what kind of modifications would need to be done to the rear suspension in order to handle it
another 16 year old claiming he will dump over $10k in his shitbox that he will total in a few years

probably easiest to just convert awd. You could then take the parts from one of the awd integras or a crv and shoehorn them in, since those have transverse engines, and I think the subframes would bolt in meaning you only have to deal with a rear driveshaft and the rear subframe. Still more work then op will ever do, but a hell of a lot easier then trying to shove a k24 or some stupid shit in there.

>total in a few months
fixed

>not telling op what he wants to know and asking for a follow up after he fails miserably.
nofun