So I took put my parents 2010 subaru legacy yesterday and I think I damaged something doing e-brake slides

So I took put my parents 2010 subaru legacy yesterday and I think I damaged something doing e-brake slides
>>snowstorm
>>rents ask to go fetch something from store
>>"ight"
>>spend some time in my empty school parking lot drifting. Almost hit a curb once but I hit the brakes in time lol.
>>today there is a noticeable problem with shifting.

It's an automatic. I would get to speed,turn slightly then yank the e-brake for a second to get it sliding then release it and floored it to drift. Sometimes I'd do 180.
What went wrong? Is it a simple fix? My dad called again to rip me a new one ..fuckkk

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2585920
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Auto gearboxes don't like snow drifting.
You gotta lock it in one gear.

Git Gud!

Can I add like redgard lube to the tranny to fix this for now?

Put a can of seafoam in it.

You must be 18 or older to use this website. Also fess up and if you don't know what you're doing take it to a mechanic. Better to catch it now before something completely shits the bed.

And if you can't pick up seafoam expanding foam works the same

>drifiting an auto
lolllllllll

nice job kid

you're goose is cooked

>Thrashing other people's property
Kys

You are 5 kinds of fucking stupid, lol.

>muh maunuals for tryhard autists post
>muh auto better than everything post

retard probably left it in drive lmao

bye bye clutch packs

You guys are of no help.
I'm just gonna put some shudder fix and hope for the best.

I only did it like 6-10 times.

This will fix the problem

Take it to a mechanic before your dad literally rips you a new asshole

My rents will be away this weekend maybe I can just limp it till then then have a look at it? Any tips? We got tools in the garage.

Google what the inside of an automatic transmission looks like.

Go ahead. I'll wait here.

From what I remember I thought subaru's were backwards from most cars and the e-brakes are connected to the front wheels and not the rear.

>180s
>AUTOMATIC
BIG mistake. i bet the drive gear is fucking fucked. this is why manuals are better for drifing - when you spin out you can press the fucking clutch to save the tranny if you go reverse while in drive gear.

wrong. I have a outback xt and ebrake drift it all the time

Could I just do some drain and fills. That looks easy. Would that help at all? I have a shopvac that I could connect to the drain bolt to get any debris like metal shavings out. Oh God please tell me this will work

seems to me like you need a new steering wheel, engine, exhaust, interior, all new windows, windshield, and gear shift knob

You might have fucked the transmission band bruv. I feel you, but just own up to it if your parents aren't bats hit insane. Regardless, it's going to be expensive as fuck to repair. Maybe drop the transmission pan, and see if anything is busted. Good luck bruv.

This is almost funny.

Almost.

There's no easy fix for what you describe.

This is one of those times where you be a man and own your mistake, you're not getting out of this.

No man jesus, do what that other user said, drop the transmission pan. Look to see if anything is fucked. Like solenoids, springs etc if not, you are super fucked.

This must be bait.
No way someone that comes to Veeky Forums and calls himself an enthusiast is that stupid when it comes to cars.

I don't come to Veeky Forums often.
So i have a theory, maybe a solenoid got stuck while sliding around. I'm gonna get the car and do what I did before and maybe that will unstuck it and make it back to normal

Yup.
Troll.
Abandon thread.

That's not me.
OP here, guess there isn't much I can do. Any last ditch efforts? Thanks anyway guys

Take out the transmission fluid dipstick and smell it

If it smells like burnt hair and toast, sorry m8 your tranny is fucked

E-brake slides are pretty much the best way to destroy a Subaru drivetrain. Locking the rear wheels while still rolling puts tremendous strain on the center differential and the transmission, doubly so if you were on the gas while ripping the e-brake. I hope you have several grand laying around to replace the whole everything and I hope you learned a lesson about respecting other people's property. You deserve all the anger you get from your parents.

>forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2585920

relevant thread for someone that fried the center diff in his Subaru by doing e-brake slides, $1600 in damage.

Don't worry about it OP, borrow the car again and go do some sick drifts

>less than twenty minutes to sperg out RANCID SWINE on a public non anonymous website

My sides, every time

That'd be 5-9 times too many.

You fucked the clutch pack friction material most likely. Drop the fluid and look for chunks/slivers of fibrous material or glitter.

Tune up in a bottle will last as long as you think a thirteen dollar tune up in a bottle will last.

Cunt's fucked.

I drift my auto 325i all the time

Though I never pull the e-brake or rip 180's, only like 15 km/h slides around corners

OP must have done something really fucky if just 9 slides ruined the tranny

>drifting an AWD automatic
was it autism?

I did some e-brake slides too the other day but in my outback auto. Turn, let off gas, pull e-brake, wait for slide, release e-brake, hit some gas for slide. Just wanted to practice it in case I ever get into understeer situation not so much for fun. Everything seems fine here but holy shit i'll heed the warning and just not do it again. OP what the hell did you do.

Well, I learned what not to do in an AWD today. Nothing I drive has a center differential.

In non shit AWD systems this isn't a problem.

Subaru are fucking shit to the point where even different tyre brands can have enough rolling diameter difference in the same size to fuck up the center diff.

>sides
>in orbit

Well, there's positives and negatives to Subaru's system. In the manual ones, it's all mechanical, so it's very predictable. The car will always act the same way, no electronic fuckery. But as you said, your tire size game has to be on point.

You should be able to do it yourself as long as you have a complete wrench set, some pliars, hammer, sand paper some and other basic tools.
Will take at least two hours. You need to drop the transmission and open it up (drain fluid first). Once it's open locate and remove the clutch packs and sand down with 600 grit sand paper. You probably glazed them. Use hammer to get them out and back in.

Stitch it all up and put back in. Voila. It's really not that hard, just take your time.

Stepping the rear out from a slow corner under throttle isn't "drifting".

mad fwd girl detected

>SUBARU
>MUH RALLY PEDIGREE
>Can't handle a quick snow snow drift session in a parking lot

Wew lad. That's why I don't into Subaru.

You're not supposed to do handbrake turns in an auto Subaru. OP didn't do his research, and ended up fucking up the transmission, and possibly the diff.
gg no re

I agree. This lil nigga needs to own his mistake and be stop being a little shit

>implying
RWD with a direct mechanical connection is how driftan is done. Keep thinking you're Ken Block tho

Fuck off underage faggot, next time don't do dumb shit with things that you don't own, I hope your dad tears you a new asshole.