[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Mehdition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

VOTE FOR THE NEXT SEM LOCATION (LAST DAY FOR VOTING 30/12/2016)
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? You should get a ZX14:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.it/gp/product/B00KS41FI4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATO8MVLEHDHLJ
amazon.it/Honda-Hornet-600-1998-02-22421113031/dp/B00FBHTSMI/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1481567728&sr=1-6&keywords=koji side tour
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

meme

bike

fuck winter

truuuuu

quick question, does the bandit 650 have the same frame as the GS500?

Check'hem.

I've got my mod 2 test tomorrow.

It's at 3:35pm so will be rush hour.

I am fucking scared and nervous, I suck at tests. I am a mess. I always get nervous and it makes me do something retarded and I fuck up and panic.

What's wrong with that GS500?

Went for a ride today, the weather was very nice, unfortunately I slept all morning.

lol, that pic reminded me of the absolute retardation that is the ER6N's gauges

I quite like the analog tach, digital speedo combination on the ER6n 2bh. Symmetrical things make me hard.

Bonus pic.

oh wow

it's not the fact that it's mixed analogue/digital, it's he fact that the revs are digital, and not the other way around.

R S 6 5 0
S

Yeah, that's stupid as fuck but was thankfully fixed for the 2014 model. At least that's what I rode back then.

wtf? why would they make a dual exhaust for a single cylinder bike? that must weigh like 12 kilograms

I really want to like the ER6n, I really do. But it just seems so boring and sensible to me, I can't even find a good analogy for it

I don't know

also, why would they insult a make like SWM that has so much history by selling bikes made in china under that name?

AYY
LMAO
they're not that made in china

>engine chinese
>transmission chinese
>frame chines
>suspension chinese
>electrics italian

it physically hurt writing that, you know

>engine chinese
>suspension chinese
WHERE ARE THE PROOFS
they used literally the Husky 610 engine

>
>this thread

fucking lmao

>they used literally the Husky 610 engine
they used the blueprints of those, they are still made in china, using chinese materials

and chinese materials are different how from others?
>what's lighter, one kilo of feathers or one kilo of stones

>americans

>>>>using reddot

I can tell you, aluminium and steel forged in china is indeed of a much lesser quality than in other countries, even inside asia

Finaly bought it. Gonna pick it tomorow

yeah because following instructions in china is different than in Norway or whatever

X T
T

my fucking nigga

Hi folks, I bought pic related and it's my first bike. I know, I know, it's one of the farthest things from a beginners' bike, but I'll be taking riding lessons on a 650 CS. Thing is, they are expensive as fuck, so to spend less I figured I could learn the basics on my RS 250 and then learn the more complex and risky stuff on the bimmer to avoid ruining my aprilia and possibly killing myself. The question is, where should I draw the line between "easy stuff" I can learn on the aprilia and "hard stuff" that I wouldn't be able to learn on such a challenging bike and that I'd better do on the bmw?

you obviously have no idea about different alloys, but no worries, I didn't expect much from a dirt bike riding kid

riding a bike is in itself all the same. you only have to learn how to adapt to different bike characteristics. You can kill yourself on the BMW just as much on the aprilia

Alright, which one?

amazon.it/gp/product/B00KS41FI4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATO8MVLEHDHLJ

amazon.it/Honda-Hornet-600-1998-02-22421113031/dp/B00FBHTSMI/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1481567728&sr=1-6&keywords=koji side tour

uh, the cheaper one?

Yeah finaly back on a thumper ! Roadster aren't for me

what did you ride before?

ebin
just accept you have no clue and got btfo, makes it a more honorable leaving for you.
what you had before?
aren't you the French user?

Big deal. It certainly has better content, just the main user base is a bunch of sooky cunts. Actually when I think about it the user base here is a bunch of sooky cunts.

Just look at you having a sook.

Long time ago I had Honda FMX, then I bought a er6n, but I wasn't much on dbt during this period

And yes I'm french, but maybe not the french user you're looking for

so you just go out and buy the most boring bikes in existance?

I'm watching it too, there are some actual retards in it.

Did ItalianCB400anon get murdered in a rio fevela?

that bikes definitely not a beginners bike, but a fun bike to begin with.
Be very very careful of the power band and you should be good to go. At least it if fairly light weight.

What do you have to do at the test / beginner lessons?

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you'll like it
I'm gonna sell it now

rude
you got an action cam, eight?
and you'll be at SEM, RIGHT?
BANANEN PETER
ENDLICH
WO WARST DU
KOMM DISCORD

ich dachte du wärest tot

nope, no action cam
and dunno for SEM, depends on my new job's schedule

>learning on a 650 sport

rip

fugg I wanted to race you
anyways take many pictures of it, we don't have nearly enough big singles in here.

>WO WARST DU
work work work, that shit is time consuming as fuck, a few people of the family died and in general no time for nothing
>ich dachte du wärest tot
almost man, haven't ridden a bike in month
this kills bananapete
no srsly I'm eager for a shitbike I can ride in winter for fun

Test lessons. I really don't know yet, I am going through a lot of bureaucracy to be allowed to ride because I am invalid (had cancer, now I'm good) so I haven't even started and the bike will be here in a week or so. People here always tell me I'm an idiot and I will kill myself and one of the posts in the main Veeky Forums thread is "what bikes to begin with" and it says if you start on a 600cc you will die (I guess the same applies to an even snappier twosmoke).
So, to follow the advice of the more pessimistic riders, what will get me killed and should be first tried on a more "calm" bike?

I will !
Maybe you'll remember my fmx from like 3 years ago

hab mir auch schon überlegt mir ne dt50 zu kaufen um damit zur uni zu gurken, aber die sind erstaunlich teuer

>bus rider
>post disregarded

>DT
meme bike 2bh
komm SEM
brich Arbeit und studieren ab, wir wandern aus nach Mallorca zum roten XR ano und worst Yamaha die nu a gay couple sind.
>implying I could remember three years ago
I can't even remember three days ago, sadly.

>meme bike 2bh
gibts noch andere 50er enduros die man mit so nem roller kennzeichen anmelden kann? und die halt für unter 1000 Mark zu haben sind? Ich kenn mich mit sowas net aus

Why can't I find Techspec tank pads for a reasonable price in EU?

Any other good tank pads?

While im normally one of the people that say you are going to kill yourself if you start on a sportsbike, I try to be a bit more optimistic because I love twosmokes and someone who wants one as a first bike cant be an Idiot, can he?

A few important notes that cant be said enough.
>ATGATT espacially as a beginner on a sportsbike

>If you ride in groups, ride in front, the front is the slowest and the last one is the fastest as he constantly has to catch up.

>Never over estimate urself

>Never underestimate your natural fear of cornering. Humans arent made for high leaning angles. You have to build up your confidence and work against you instincts on this. Your bike and your tires will pretty much alwys be more capable than you. If you crash it wasn't the bike it was you.

>Where you look is where you end up! THIS is probably the single most important advice. If you look in the ditch you will ride into the ditch. Always and espacially in corners, look way before you at the end of the corner.

Learn to brake and especially on your bike, learn when you hit the power band.

literally alle 50er enduros

>>>> generic trigger

ja aber sag mal n paar namen,ich will mich nicht bei mobile.de durch 80.000 roller durchkämmen

wähl bei Filter einfach enduro/ super moto aus
so einfach is das man

The CRF250R uses dual exhaust too. It must have some benefit because Honda does everything they can to try to keep their MX bikes relevant.

I know these garbage cans. Srsly thats Eckelt in Buisdorf am I right?

Rode a TY50 for some time. It was a definition of a shitbike. Painted with a paintbrush, 30year old tires, 70cc tuning kit, jumped it in the forest, bent it, hammered it back together, jumped it again. I'm pretty sure it is still in a shed somewhere at a friends house.

Ich auch denke ich bin kein idiot, aber ich waere niemals auf ein motorrad, so ich weiss nicht wie es ist. Trotzdem, ich werde deine beratungen folgen und hoffentlich wird ich nicht sterben.

>komm SEM

danke für garnichts

und mir sagst du nie dass ich zum SEM kommen soll :(

>U WANT PRAY GAEM

Enough with the krauttalk, tho, I'm not even good at it.
Post cool colours on RS 250's because I sure want to change the original, but idk what would suit best. I like the gulf colours but so far everyone I know told me they think it's shit. Maybe there's better stuff, so post what you got.

weil du doof bist
>PLZ
gedoxxt!!!
it's Sankt Augustin irgendwo iirc
it's too lang her
bring ur gf
bring shitbikes

do not bring moto cage

Anyone?

ich bin doch sowieso au der map

>weil du doof bist
ist doch alles nur banter bubi

>moto cage
did someone say moto cage?

I reagier net gut darauf
hab autismus
kann Ironie nicht verstehen

good night dbt
>mfw tomorrow morning

delet this

>how's the paint holding up btw :^)))

good night

How do you get out of that snow with that luggage?

prepare for vacuum leaks

are those pants used as luggage there or what?

perfect
for the mate paint you have to use special products. But if you do so it hsen't been a problem in the last 15000km or what ever that bike has done now.
More of a problem was that the axels where not even remotely greased and already startet to show wear when we changed tires at around 9000km

as someone who puts these together, the Axel never comes with grease
>they always going in dry
in the bikes I where you have to put the axle in as part of construction
I always tu' grease dran.
and after tire changes auch.

that was fairely easy, just be really really easy on the throttle.

this was by far harder to get out of. Took me about half an hour to get the 4meters back on the main road. And not a single person offered help.

yepp

Then why the fuck did you ride into the snow?

to take a cool photo
thats interesting, thanks

Well I wouldn't help you as well.

The engine is derived from the old Husqvarna TE/SMS630 and has ALL its errors. They are known for eating crankshaft/camshaft bearings/bearing seals - imagine changing your oil and there is a gient heap od metal shards sticking to the oil nut magnet. Some clutch washer is also known to prematurely fail. So expect to tear down the entire clutch assembly at about 15-20k km. A main battery cable is going over a sharp metal edge, many old huskies went up in flames. The cables for the rear lights are put like next to the exhaust - imagine getting rear ended at night because your brake light doesnt work.

Also, about the question about chinese metals:
They are OF COURSE of lesser quality, how else are you gonna get it cheaper?

Most motorcycle manufacturers have their shit made in china. But hell, we're not talking about honda quality management here

I don't think it'll bite until you ride it spiritedly, corner exit will be your problem.

For most of your learning it's just gonna feel like a torture rack with no power. This is most of why we told you not to buy it, it takes an expert to extract the most out of it, and when you're not trying to extract the most out of it the bike is fucking pointless.

>had cancer, now I'm good
Congrats! Fuck Cancer.

Enjoy your bike. You may die, but we all do in the end. No one ever dies wishing they had worked harder or had less fun.

Here's my usual tips for a beginner
>ATGATT
It's a touchy subject in /dbt/. I like to explain it this way:
Think of what appendages and skin you really care about and the stuff you can live with losing if you crash. If you're fine without it, don't bother wearing gear. Expect the unexpected.
>Riding in groups
Doesn't matter where you are. Don't try to prove yourself, don't try to look cool, and DO NOT push your comfort zone. Every time I've seen someone crash on a group ride it's because they wanted to run with the guys who had way more experience and skill, ended up in a situation they couldn't handle, panicked, and crashed. It had nothing to do with road conditions or the bike's limits.
>Bike limits
You're riding an RS250. It's a bike with incredibly high limits. You're more likely to hit your own personal limits before you ever even begin to scratch the surface of what that bike can do. If you stay within your comfort zone for the most part you'll be fine. Eventually you'll want to hoon and hit some twisties, and when you do feel free to try pushing it a bit, but don't try to be rossi and throw the bike into a corner when you're not able to handle the speed. Go through at a "spirited" speed first, then see where the bike is and go from there. You'll scrape peg before you lowside, so there's a very large buffer of safety.

cont

Cont.

>Brakes
The bike will brake much, MUCH harder than you think it will. It's a sports bike which means braking is a bit different from standards, etc.

A large portion of weight goes to the front, and therefore on a sport bike about 95% of the braking is done with the front. Find an empty lot, push it to maybe 40-50kmh, and practice emergency braking. To find the limit, this is what I normally do:
>Brake hard with ONLY the front, no rear to begin with
>see where the rear wheel lifts off
>Get used to the point just before rear wheel lifts

Then
>Start off with a bit of rear brake before getting on the fronts to hold the front end down
>Get hard on the fronts again
>see where the wheel starts to lock/bounce
>Trim force on the levers to avoid rear bounce and get optimal braking
Practice this until it's 2nd nature and it'll save your life and your bike.

Finally
>You'll probably crash
It happens to everyone, and it's gonna be right when you feel like you have it down 100%. It's a really good learning experience and it'll most likely improve your riding a fuckload because you'll know your own limits, most likely the bike's limits, and get taught that where you look is where you go.

Sport bikes are bad beginner bikes, but if you approach it logically and realize there's nothing -inherently- more dangerous about the bike and that it's simply the aura it gives off to new riders that causes those issues, you'll do just fine.

How old are you?
I'm a noob but I think a two stroke is gonna be harder to ride than a 600 twin.

Hope you'll be well.

>where you look is where you go.
I don't think this is correct. I never look at the end of the corner and corner just fine (I don't go fast though). I look ahead, of course.
I think knowing where the road goes is what makes the difference, expecting a turn or not.

What I mean is getting distracted by something will make you go straight, not simply looking at it.

As a noob I can't help myself but to look ahead but also check the road surface immediately before me for dirt and shit and I never felt like I was going straight instead of turning.

No. It's a known phenomena called "target fixation". He means when you lose control, you look at the place you're going to crash, even though what you're actually thinking is going anywhere but there.

So I just copped this from CL for 19k, not a bad deal. The previous owner shaved off 2k for me since it's my first bike, can't wait to taker 'er out for a spin!

that's correct, same on the car, bike, ski etc..

standard / naked bikes are good for beginners because they mostly give power at the high rpm

you dont really want some 125cc scooter because you need power to get out of bad places like blind spots, passing etc

It is correct when you're going fast. You keep your fucking eyes locked on that apex and once you hit the apex you look straight where you want to go when you get on the throttle, otherwise bad shit happens.

Going the speed limit is a different story, but it's still a good habit to get into. No reason you need to constantly stare at the road right in front of you. A quick glance at road surface is all you need.

Go for the kawa or the MT