(Mercedes VS BMW )what should i chose as my first car (euro)

I love those 4 models but I can't decide which one should I buy as I can get any of them for 2k€ or less as my first car to commute to college.. Help pls..

Sorry for the shitty collage, I'm on my phone

Top left: Mercedes 190
Bottom left: W123 ( 200, 240,... )
Top right: E34
Bottom right: E30

+ I don't know a thing about bmw different model's variations, it would be great to teach me a thing or two about it

thank you ;^)

>Europe
>I can get any of them for 2k€ or less as my first car to commute to college..

Literally just take the damn bus.

None, for 2k you're going to end up paying double that to keep it running for more than a year.

faggot, there's no other choice than a 90's Fiesta.

don't try to be pompous while having no money.

>doesnt know the difference between BMW models
>wants to buy a 2k one

He's in Europe. It's like keeping a 97 Ford Taurus running here.

just buy a simple car, vw golf for example, as a commuter car is a much cheaper option and with that money you can buy a newer car and as good as any of those cars in the picture

I want to drive though

Thought about it but I don't like that "hatchback" look
I have the money to buy a nice car tho, just thought I could save up since you can find one of these car in descent condition for "cheap"

I'll think about it but I can't find a beater I actually like... i'm more into sedans/berlines but there are more clios/twingos/fiestas than anything else here..

E28 driver here,
The answer is, whichever one you can find in the best condition for the money.

And buy a tool set. You're gonna need it.
The parts are mostly not too expensive, but labor's gonna kill you unless you're in eastern europe or you can find a buddy who can wrench or do it yourself.

god machine Audi A4 1.9 TDI

An e34 or e39 would suit you well. The e30s are expensive now, those mercs are getting old.

A cheap 525i would do well, or a 535i.

I'm on my second W201 and I can say with confidence that you will not find one worth owning for 2k or less.

This fucker right here.

You should use your first car to make some money in order to buy something nicer later.

I recommend the 1.25L 16V for fun and economy. If you want minimal maintenance go for the 1.3L (chain distribution).

>gold plated badge
tastless af, i bet you've got a flat bottom steering wheel too lmao

that was done by a previous owner, wheel was a legit nardi though so you can kys pham :^)

As much as I love BMW, the Mercs are going to last you forever.

twingo.

>not based B4 80 or C4 100 with based inline 5

E34 If you want that good thicc pussi senpai.

Friend recently got an e30, can confirm they both are aesthetic as fuck lad.

e34 In black would grant you a net gain in pussy increase by 500%. Strap a turbo or get the MTech 2 BODY KIT ON AN E30 and (oops caps lock) watch everybody pile up to your retro sex beast.

>all dat oil on the floor

unfortunately I'm in France, but small garages don't charge too much
I'm training myself for repairing on a friend's Golf 1 tho so I know some stuff but I'll see

sounds good :)

Well there are some really nice ones though, mostly old people who want to get rid of them. it happens fairly often but well I don't know where you live

will think about it..

my father once bought a 250D who had 400k km and sold it years later at 700k km, and it still runs. It's a 250D but I heard that most Benz of this era and before could go up to 1 mil.

one of the easiest car to steal :(

not a fan of body kits but ay it looks good imo!

No one will want to steal your old shitbox twingo. They'd be more likely to steal a desirable merc or BMW.

You'd be surprised, the Twingo is the most stolen car in France just because it's so easy.

An E30 for 2k? Grab it.

Don't they have better things to do like smoking cigs and eating croissants and bagels?

Not happening maybe except the e34 and even then it will still be shit. Your options are w210 or E39,these are the closest ones that you want.

>mfw op thinks there's a running e30 that will pass tūv for 2k

yes. easy to steal and easy to strip for parts

croissants aren't that good

as I said, you'd be surprised, you just have to be at the right place on the right moment
But I like the w210 ( the old ones)
+ automatic VS manual? most cars have a manual transmission here, but wouldn't an automatic be a better choice for driving in dense traffic?

If you want reliability, comfy and economy, handling, and lots of extras but zero sportyness go with Mercedes.

If you are happy to trade some of the above but a lot more sporty, go with BMW.

Also, consider the Peugeot 504. Same exact thing as the a w123 Mercedes, except a bit smaller and minus the extras.

>but wouldn't an automatic be a better choice for driving in dense traffic?
Diesel Mercedes have a long first gear (40 km/hr) and a precise clutch so its easy to drive in traffic with a manual.

Mercedes suit me more then. but what's the general consensus on BMW interiors and "comfyness"? an uncomfortable car would repels me since I'm familiar with Mercedes' leather interiors etc.. options are not that important to me though.

oh nice, I didn't know that, good to know!