What should I be looking for in an sn95 mustang? Pros/ cons...

What should I be looking for in an sn95 mustang? Pros/ cons? They are wicked cheap where I live and the are virtually the option for a manual v8 under 5 grand

the only real con is the interior and thats subjective

basic mods and a rear end will wake it up

get subframe connectors if you actually care about performance

Go watch some videos. CarThrottle is an alright channel on Youtube. There's a lot of cars that not a whole lot of people know about that are V8 RWD under $5K

I've got nothing to say about the SN95. I'm a New Edge guy myself. If you're looking for going fast, there are cheaper, lighter options that you'd have to put time and effort into, but if you're just looking for a car that drives, I'd say they're reliable enough if you're not retarded

that is pretty sexy

rust

Pros:
Cheap

Cons:
The motor
The interior
The exterior

>CarThrottle is an alright channel on Youtube.

Fox body

>cons

Only beaners drive that shit.

>What should I be looking for in an sn95 mustang?
You shouldn't. They're shit.

i like mine, been super reliable put almost 40k miles on it. sitting at 209k(4.6) right now, i swear the motor is gonna outlast the rest of the car.

>They are wicked cheap where I live and the are virtually the option for a manual v8 under 5 grand
what is a c4

I just recently bought an sn95 as my first car, and buyers remorse is starting to set in a bit, the car runs and drives, but everything else around it is falling apart and has been problematic, I bought the car thinking it had 80k miles, but it turns out the odometers broken and it may or may not have 220k on it, the anti-theft system has completely locked the car down 2 or 3 times now due to the remote keyless entry. I've been pretty disappointed with the car and what I've found out about it, all the problems it has are pretty minor but they completely discourage me from driving the car, or wanting to spend money on it to repair it.
I should've listened to Veeky Forums and just went with a miata.

>the only real con is the interior and thats subjective
No, there's more.
The biggest con about the SN95 cars is the handling or lack thereof. When the road gets twisty, an SN95 will always be shown the tail lights of the GM F-body twins, which have ALWAYS outhandled the Mustangs by a HUGE margin.

>I've got nothing to say about the SN95. I'm a New Edge guy myself
The New Edge cars still use the SN95 chassis you retard

And for the record, the SN95 chassis was a quickie-update of the Fox-body chassis since Ford spent all the money to develop a new Mustang on what became the FWD Ford Probe. They simply didn't have the capital to develop a new chassis for the Mustang.

And another con is the engines in the Mustangs are trash.
>but muh 302
>but muh 4.6 DOHC
Trash.

You want a good engine in a Mustang? Look into an LS swap. It's been done before. Because short of a Coyote swap, you're not going to get the power you want out of it. Even with forced induction.

OP< if you want cheap speed and handling, check out the GM F-body twins, the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird.

Should've gone with a Camaro

>The New Edge cars still use the SN95 chassis you retard

Fuck, I must be actually retarded. Honestly don't know where I was going with that thought

>Honestly don't know where I was going with that thought
probably that you prefer the New Edge styling over the bubble styling of early SN95's

A lot more expensive to maintain and restore, and the vast majority are autotragic

Shit like that happens any time you buy a car off craigslist unless its from a white guy with a 3+ car garage

Speaking of camaros, how would the insurance look for a 17 year old with about a year driving experience with a third or fourth Gen V8? Looking for something sporty and I love the looks of the 3rd and 4th gen cars, but I'm afraid insurance will rape me even more than they do for my camry. Also, no miata because I need 4 seats.

Just the normal stuff like check for rust. 94 and 95 have the 302 which is stupid easy to get 300+ hp out o although it makes like 220 stock, rest have the 4.6 which makes 265 stock. Invest in rear end gears and subframe connectors.

hey guys chrisfix here

I have a couple 4.6s, my friend had a 97 4.6. He had flowmaster mufflers, under drive pullies, 3.73s, cats gutted. My 01 with the stock pi heads/cams blew it out of the water, even when i had my stock 3.27 rear end gear. All i have is mufflers and k&n intake on that car. We raced at 55 and i couldnt even tell he was trying, even though he should have been close because 3rd gear with his 3.73s should have competed at that speed. So I cant recommend going with the 96-98 4.6. The 4v of those years are a lot more expensive.

I really would go for the 99-04, they can be found for that 5k price range and are a much better starting point.

To the retard trolling about LS motors...
LS is great platform for an NA build, I had a 200k mile ls1 that held up just fine, great downlow torque and gas mileage to boot. But it couldnt outrun my measly 2v even though it had some exhaust. I agree that a typical heads,cam,intake, exhaust na setup will benefit the LS platform more than the best factory 2v heads, but there are other options for power.

First off, the 4v motors can be built. Internet keyboard warriors are ignorant of this, but even NA it is possible to make good numbers once you work the heads and have the right cams to rev high. Ported 03 cobra heads with a 1mm oversize intake valve can flow 350cfm at 500 lift (330+ without overwize valves) on the intake side. Thats the same as a c6 zo6 head with a port job.

But the real way to make power with a 4.6 is boost. My cobra has stock heads, cams, and compression but makes 600whp on pump 93. Holds up quite well with the stock 4340 rods, 4340 crank, and aftermarket forged 8.5:1s.

Probably gonna get hit by some bullshit new driver + sportscar fee so prepare your anus (or in this case your wallet)

Also a Camaro doesn't really have four seats. I can tell you from experience than many adult passengers I've sent back there complain it's tight. Very uncomfortable.

On your parents insurance prolly rape tastic.

On your own? Fucked.

>I had a 200k mile ls1 that held up just fine, great downlow torque and gas mileage to boot. But it couldnt outrun my measly 2v even though it had some exhaust.
I call bullshit. Bone stock, they were known for outrunning 4V Cobra's

Sn95 is like the worst mustang, that fucking clutch is horrible

Love it.

imo the GT is a solid car

buuuuut the 99-01 cobras are amazing DOHC 32v mericaness

go for cobra