en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
quietridemuffs.com/decibel_chart.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

moto.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-569513055-honda-xr-600-_JM

found one and its 2k usd

Excellent, thanks.
I guess I'll use that site.

Post my splats m8.

I guess I'll lurk the other site listed, and then check for these once I'm there.
I guess it also depends on what counts as street legal and would give me less shit over there.

Ok devil

ty for the carby info
ty for the bp info

Exhibit A: Alamonon is a noob and target fixation is a bitch.

Best version of meme

fucking lost m8

The DR-Z400 is objectively the best expert level dual sport bike.
> mileage
It's a mid-sized 4stroke single cylinder bike, so it gets at least 50mpg.
> handling
It handles nothing like a supersport. It it tall and light with a steering geometry set up to be very agile. This combined with the wide handlebars make it very easy to change directions.
> brakes
The brakes are designed for off-road and aren't so twitchy they will lock up easily on slick surfaces. They are completely acceptable but require a firm squeeze, yet with a larger diameter rotor upgrade like on the SM model you will find it taking no effort at all to slow down very quickly.
> power
When you're a good rider you don't need 100+ HP to pass everyone on the touge. Git gud faget.
> carbs
The CV carb found on the DR-Z helps calm down the twitchiness of a lightweight single.
> seating position
The tall seat combined with a completely upright seating position puts you high enough to see over all but the highest brotrucks. It is also a very comfortable position which puts practically no strain on your lower back or wrists.
> price and availability
The bike has gone unchanged for the last 15 years so there's plenty available for very cheap. The popularity and lack of change keeps the resale value high so it's easy to sell. This has the downside of making them expensive to buy in the used market but can be avoided with patience.
> suspension
The Dr-Z400 features a fully adjustable Showa cartridge forks and shock which offer splendid damping characteristics. You can tune it to your riding style with the clickers and preload adjusters, but you will benefit from a respring if you're a fat fuck. Lose some weight.

we posting friends crashing gifums?

idgi but ok

truuu

sure

Exhibit B: Alamonon is still a noob and learning to ride at 30 puts you behind the power curve.

Still, always good for a chuckle. Thanks m8; time to go back in the windowless building.

I'll be in the same boat the next 5 days kek.

Am I supposed to wear earplugs on a 250?

youre supposed to wear earplugs if you are experiencing wind noise for over 15 minutes a day unless you enjoy permanent hearing loss.

yyou're supposed to wear earplugs on all bikes.

is 4chanx broken?

That is nearly as bad as me stalling around a corner

>wearing earplugs
Don't listen to them, these are the type of people who wear ear plugs at a rock concert.

I don't believe you guys actually earplugs

post a pic of your pair right now

I'm 26 and never wore earplugs at concerts/festivals.
I would totally suggest to get them, I already lost some hearing (but not too much) on the right ear, and have permanent (but light) tinnitus so I need background noise all the time.

to be fair those tires gave up any resemblance of traction at the mere sight of wet grass

i dont care how """quiet""" you think your helmet is. you're damaging your ears without earplugs.

>hurrrr its lame
yeah it is lame to wear them at a concert. but your ears are still being damaged.

alright, ill plug up my ears when i'm riding so I can't hear any cars/people around me and then crash into them and kill myself

great idea!

I don't wear earplugs but i have also lost 30% of the hearing in my left ear and 60% in my right ear over the years.

Take that for what you will.

what if I told you the fastest riders in the world all wear earplugs?

I swear people who wear earplugs don't even get within 5000rpm of the red line

>has never worn ear plugs

>i don't understand what volume moderation is and i also don't understand that noise is still audible through earplugs but at safe levels instead

I need to start making more webms i havent made any since i went to that track, keep forgetting to charge my action cam

Must be shit earplugs if you can still hear through them.
Why bother if they don't do anything?

What if i told you noise capable of damaging your hearing hurts your ears?
A 9 inch grinder for an example, that shit fucking hurts to listen to without earplugs because it is damaging your hearing, bike is not.

You can still hear dumbass. Also they sell noise reduction earplugs not only total noise blockers.
There are even some used for music which reduce volume but retain quality.

>t. harleyfag
you can still hear cars and people. i have a sena and i can hear it on the highway.

I raced without earplugs for 10 years. Stop buying less than $500 helmets in the wrong size.

I've been too lazy to adjust my mount for different helmets. Been on several rides in the last few weeks but no videos.

the bike doesnt damage your ears the wind does, dumbass.

Wind noise above a certain speed damages your ears. The motor noise doesn't matter,

post ten year old >$500 helmet

ahh well not like dbt deserves OC all the time

What shitty helmet brand produces more wind noise than the bike does engine noise?

Seriously i want to know, are they chinese helmets?

Did you ever consider buying a quality helmet?
Maybe a Shoei?

I know with my Shoei wind noise is next to non existent, all you can hear is the engine.

It doesn't matter what helmet you have. Prolonged exposure to moderate noise levels is proven to damage your hearing.

if Yamaha built an electric Tri City they'd call it elec-Tri City

helmets dont produce noise. wind noise doesnt "sound" loud but is a higher pressure than engine noise. not sure why you keep bringing up engine noise, they are not the cause of hearing loss, the wind is. yes more expensive helmets are quieter than cheaper ones, but not able to prevent wind noise damage.

ok

post bike

Do you know how loud motogp bikes are?
I also wasn't going 180 every minute and a half.

So what you are saying is you don't even listen to loud music because you are a little bitch?

By your logic i better not even yell ever again because that is over 85 decibels and capable of causing hearing damage.

Just stop being a little cry baby, they make robot ears for when people go deaf.

You are talking like we live in the 1800's or something and a little bit of hearing loss is actually life changing.

My engine is well over 85 decibels at highway speeds mate, so is yours, more than enough to cause hearing damage.

Wind noise is obviously lower than that if it can not be heard.

What if I told you the track isn't the street?

post bike, you won't.

>Testing done by researchers from the University of South Alabama and William Patterson University, using an acoustically engineered dummy head and microphones, found that at speeds above 40 kph (about 25 mph), wind noise surpassed any noise from the motorcycle. At the highest speed tested, 120 k
ph (about 74 mph), noise exceeded 100 decibels at all the frequencies they measured.
>Put those two facts together and you get this: If you ride your motorcycle at highway speeds for more than 15 minutes without ear protection, you're damaging your hearing.

do you not ride on the track?

k

Sorry but that's not possible unless you're using some $100 helmet in size L when you should have a size S (I've literally seen this)

o

post your bike.

Stating incorrect facts unreasonably aggressively is the lamest fucking form of shitposting around dude.

@16311914
(You)

Proved you wrong then didn't i?

You are just jealous that you didnt think of not wearing earplugs sooner and you can't get robot ears aren't you?

>Europeans

>humans

np. enjoy those gainz

My old chinese helmet had wind noise like that, i wonder if that is what they used in their tests, it cost me $65 from Aldi.

>arguing against facts with anecdotal evidence
u r veri smrt

>a test that was done without even stating the helmet brand used is apparently factual

rideapart.com/articles/5-quietest-motorcycle-helmets?page=2
>85 DB at 65mph for helmets that are actually worth half a damn
Try doing good research next time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

>your posts have devolved into passive aggressive betaism
mad reddit-commuter detected.

>pulls up to some dudes at the bottom of the mountain
>h-hey e-excuse me guys y-you should wear hearing protection
>t-trust me ive been riding for a whole year
>they laugh and pepper you with gravel and rubber as they burnout and take off
>later that night you furiously safety-shitpost on Veeky Forums

looool

>only one helmet brand actually gave dB figures
>that dB figure was right on the line of causing hearing damage
>that helmet that was right on the line also happens to be the quietest helmet on the road
>these are wind alone and do not account for additional exhaust noise

so if you have anything other than that helmet, don't own an electric bike or have that helmet and regularly go over 105 km/hr you are at risk for hearing damage.

Great.

Wear earplugs.

Webbikeworld:
>Evaluators wear correctly fitted, high quality ear plugs (even when evaluating motorcycle intercom systems).

Always protect your hearing when riding a motorcycle. See the wBW Earplug Reviews for more information on choosing and wearing earplugs.

You do realise 90DB is safe to be listening to for no more than 8 hours per day?

You are talking out of your arse and do not even understand the first thing about hearing loss because you obviously do not work in an industry where it is a problem.

Just shut up already.

No thanks.

Why are you fucking faggots always talking about safety? If you want to wear earplugs for no reason instead of just buying a good helmet in size medium, then be my guest. But please keep your mommy nanny shit out of dbt fucking redditors.

triples sound like shit

so does your voice

Only problem I have with ear plugs is they can wiggle their way out and break the "seal" if I don't keep my head really still.

quietridemuffs.com/decibel_chart.html

>For the full-face helmets, the Shoei X-9 at 103 dBA was the most effective in reducing noise. The Arai RX-7RRIII at 106 dBA at 80 mph

I ride around town without earplugs but do a long ride without them and you're insane.

if you put your foamies in right they cant break the seal. most people dont roll them up so they can fit deeper
in your ear.

>No head dimensions
>No helmet size
>Dummy is probably sitting straight up

>Company doing the testing sells ear protection

seems legit

>picks the loudest Shoei helmet
Nice cherry picking, A GT air produces 86db at 65mph, you could ride a bike with that helmet at those speeds for more than 8 hours per day without suffering any hearing damage whatsoever.

Just buy a decent helmet.

>A GT air produces 86db at 65mph

source?

the only other dB figure we have comes from a company selling the helmet, but that one's okay?

pshh

your own article
How Do You Make A Helmet Quiet?

>Earplugs. If you don’t ride with them now, start doing so. Wind noise induced hearing loss is a real thing (I suffer from it) and sitting in such a high decibel environment for extended periods exacerbates fatigue. RideApart highly recommends Howard Leight Max Lite earplugs. Buy a box of 200 and stash extra pairs in all your pockets.

yeah I roll them up and push them deep enough to feel them bottom out so there's nothing sticking out past my ear at all. But as my ears wiggle around (especially bad if I get an itchy head and try to scratch it through the helmet so it pulls my scalp around) they get looser and stop doing as well.

Go look at any review for the helmet?
Im not doing legwork for someone retarded enough to believe advertisements from a company that sells hearing protection to morons.

>Go look at any review for the helmet?

so your arse then.

Don't come crying to me when you get tinnitus, about fucking 50 people in /dbt/ have it already

>i havent crashed yet so i dont need to wear gear

the reality is no one gives a fuck because its a literal non issue except when millions of redditors started to buy motorcycles about 5 years ago. if you buy cheap helmets in the wrong size then go ahead and get them.

I didn't even know wind noise in helmets was a thing until I read it on this site. Made me laugh.

I don't wear a helmet at all but I wear ear plugs