What's Veeky Forums version of this?

>cars that will last forever

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/article/toyota-recalls-1993-camry-due-fact-owners-really-s-50480
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They last a while but more the fact that it looks like a cockroach.

a Honda Civic built by the Turkish

That's definitely a fucking tank.

i would say a volvo 240, but that isn't really revolting in the way a cockroach is. So i'm going to say pontiac sunfires and the chevy equivalent.

>build crappy car
>make it out of a special plastic matter that doesn't rust, doesn't biodegrade and burns slowly leaving only toxic fumes to stick it to the west and its planned obsolecence
>and up with 2.8 millions of them that simply refuse to die

240s are revolting to everyone who's not a hipster faggot lusting over their father's basemodel volvo

kek

>8 replies

Hilux.

Volvo 240 series, toyota hilux or saab 99/900.

Volvo is tank, but not quick.

Toyota is truck tank that gives no fucks.

Saab is quick for the time period (If turbo), can have transmission issues.

I know the volvo 240 and saab 99/900 series (If b202 engine) are known for lasting over a million miles. Not sure about toyota.

>Thick metal everything
>Large diameter and large wall thickness on crash bars inside doors
>Engine goes forever

I hate that hipsters have ruined them. Though I do think they only look good if they have the rare 4x round headlights installed, the non-round headlight models are disgusting.

Obligatory crown vic? also LS (and to some degree 3800) engines get an honorable mention because:
>they seem like they are almost every fucking where
>people are disgusted by them
>they, (like roaches) end up in houses (cars) where they aren't wanted

Seems to fit the description.

I second this. The Crown Vic ought to be known as the roach mobile.

That looks badass, any idea where to find tires like that?

what is rust?
SALT TRUCK DON'T HURT ME
NO MO'

>hilux

hilux is a meme

Sad but true. The older tank generation is rusting away faster than their engines are wearing.

>I hate that hipsters have ruined them. Though I do think they only look good if they have the rare 4x round headlights installed, the non-round headlight models are disgusting.
>not even liking the quad-square headlights

Rustproof Hilux.

or live in a place where they do not salt the roads

I'm from Brazil and I can attest that. Our roads are very irregular and they just don't care. Their engines are easy to mantain, as well as the whole car. Up in the Amazon, they're a popular choice. It's a good shot for a first car too because of the largely available parts for it.

And people say fiats are unreliable.

That and the Panda 4x4 are stupidly long-lived.
They are still the standard car in many rural areas arround there, especially orchards and vineyards where regular 4x4 and SUVs are too heavy and wide and would damage the ground too much.

Can't dig it man. Better than just 2 squares though.

I've yet to see a car with 4x round headlights that I don't love, I think it makes the car instantly look better.

shame it and it's licence built variants are so rare in new Zealand

Honda Accord

BF goodrich all terrains
Literally any tire shop

>hnnnnngg

cockroaches are literally the supercars of the insect world. they are VERY fast.

please tell me how 240s have been "ruined by hipsters" when i barely see 1 or 2 in a given week in fucking Portland OR

Slower than the rxc turbo turbo

mfw

I agree with this one. But that plastic intake manifold won't last long after 100k miles.

They hold up just fine.

fena nemusí pochopit můj o mé tatra

90s Camry.

Nukes won't kill them, usually unclean and you see them in run down parts of town. And for every one you see parked there's probably a hundred on the road elsewhere.

anyone who posts a laptime

So fucking true!!

Hilux? Negro Porfavor!

Subaru 2.2, gm iron doodoo

Juke

Until Jose or Tyrone steal it

can do a million clicks no prob

t. Tony

Toyota Tundra

90's Ford Rangers (Manuals specifically)

The engine will never stop running

I'm not Tony but I actually have Italian heritage

Are there Unos in NZ?

In some areas it remembers me the first land rovers. Lots of body options available (Fiorino is the van version and for some time, the pick-up version, Premio/Duna the 4 door sedan version which was quite decent), and you could fix it anywhere in the world.

People underrate it but there's a reason you see Unos everywhere where they were sold.

Anything Toyota/Japanese, 60-90's era Mercedes, Ford Crown Vic's

90s Falcons
90s vt and vx dunnydoor.

60-80s are unreliable rust buckets.

Any hilix ever made

The beds usually rust but owners here just replace the bed.

/Thread

>water pump just went on mine
>probably just going to sell it because no garage to work on it in

this

I've seen T's that are still around after being outside for god knows how long.

So, these cute little tanks.

Jesus

You actually need a garage to work on a C1500?

xj cherokee

Dodge/Plymouth Neons

Any Saturn brand vehicle with the plastic panels

thats a beetle dummy

Same way cafe bikes, choppers, bobbers, jeeps, Rangers, off-roading, campervans, literally name anything kitschy and modestly popular, the first response will be "hipsters ruined it." Until a hipster walks into my garage, gets in my car, and wraps it around a telephone pole, they haven't ruined shit.

This. I had a 97 SC1 and a 2012 L200. You can run them absolutely down and they'll keep running.

>tfw I miss that red 97 I had
>5spd coupe with no options and shitty A/C
>fun as shit to drive
>sold it for $750

DELET THIS

>>cars that will last forever
>control + F "Cavalier"
>0 results
You fucking disappoint me Veeky Forums. These things run for fucking ever.

Golf (none USDM)

The truth!!

>no basic preventative maintenance done

yeah ok

My nigger

I reckon considering extaxi falcons have done 600,000 k's it could almost be possible to keep them into the 2mill k's with enough fluid changes

Late 40s early 50s flathead ford truck. Too thick to rust out completely, all mechanical and you can mcguyver the fuck out of flatheads

>Late 40s

theonion.com/article/toyota-recalls-1993-camry-due-fact-owners-really-s-50480

i mean..none, metal fatigue ensures every engine made from aluminum will fail after a certain number of cycles. not if but when.

Any similar looking cars that were sold in the US ?

in my area is a saw mill, they use a model T engine for the saw. Its been running, 8 hours a day 200-250ish days a year for more than 80 years. No rebuilds, low rpm. Oil change only. Ran off kerosene for the longest time, really low compression.

They do, i see extra poorfag white trash driving them all the time. ll busted, spewing smoke etc. They hardly ever work on them, they expect them to die and put no money in. See a lot over 300k miles.

>RX7 Facebook Club
Full of fucking idiots. Rotaries are awesome, but those fucking guys are just 12 year olds all fighting just to fight.

What he means is he's afraid to like it out of fear of being associated with hipsters liking old things.
Tho I will attest that hipster girls seem to dig 240 wagons

Ford Fiesta like cummypaws's

something like 3/1 iirc

>Are there Unos in NZ?
the right hand drive version yes
mostly uno 55 with the 1100 cc engine
but there are some three doors with 903 cc engine