What is the point of a factory turbo...

What is the point of a factory turbo? Wouldn't it make more sense to just re-design the engine and end up with the same power output? If not, why not just use a million turbos across the board for every engine design

That's not a turbo

What you've got there is an alternator. Some kind user here will probably post a picture of an actual turbo within a few minutes.

Are you guys retarded?

Tsu tsu nigga

He's gotta be making like 500 volts of boost with that setup

I wish turbos came from the factory like that

Are you? This is what a turbo looks like

Are you retarded? R&D wise its more efficient to make an engine handle a few pounds of boost rather than re-design an engine for higher output. Its also more fuel efficient. High revving, high output n/a 4 cylinders hit power a limit very easily and have no torque

just shut up man your memes aren't funny. go join an actual forum and quit tripfagging on an anonymous japanese image board you fucking weirdo

God, talk about overkill. All that kinetic energy turned directly into boost. Brilliant.

>the state of (you)

Cheaper and easier to tune, rebuild, or replace than a whole engine. It's also a great buzzword, and an easy way to add another trim option to a car.

>just shut up man your memes aren't funny. go join an actual forum and quit tripfagging on an anonymous japanese image board you fucking weirdo
You're the one that doesn't know what a turbo is m8

Because turbos are super light weight for the power they produce with your engine.

It's far more power:weight efficient to use a turbo than to make the engine bigger

its actually about fuel consumption

ehh with jb4 i can hit 400ish whp, thats good enough for me, most cars with stock turbos are detuned, a plug and play tuner is an easy way to gain 20%+ power without getting your hands dirty. Torquey turbo engines are fun, and efficient

- decent power output with a smaller lighter engine package
- getting any kind of torque out of an inline 4
- theoretically more reliable since you don't need to rev super high or have a high compression ratio

Memes aside, what the actual shit?

also easier to make a cheap econo-box model and sporty model of a car using the same engine just by having one with a turbo and one without

It's an aftermarket generator. Makes like 5 to 8 kw.

It's a turbo