/ovg/ - Quit getting mad about video games Edition

Previous Thread: RANWEC IN THREE DAYS

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!DJUXGLrb!-acIt8SlFzrVaXdvsBhPZ9MrD2TPSj6KijU6gq2bQyg
mega.nz/#!QYsTlALL!LiyETxte1Jo2tmzAXusZG-l9sEi4MgZBBNrrmNo4YYk
racedepartment.com/downloads/istanbul-gp.2680/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=804669348
videogamer.com/news/test-drive-brand-acquired-by-bigben-interactive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This Saturday at 8PM GMT, join /ogc/ in the next round of VTCC at Barbagello.

mega.nz/#!DJUXGLrb!-acIt8SlFzrVaXdvsBhPZ9MrD2TPSj6KijU6gq2bQyg

in case you don't have VTCC.
mega.nz/#!QYsTlALL!LiyETxte1Jo2tmzAXusZG-l9sEi4MgZBBNrrmNo4YYk

This Saturday at 7PM UTC, join /ovg/ in the next round of RANWEC at Istanbul.

racedepartment.com/downloads/istanbul-gp.2680/

in case you don't have URD, figure it out.

Also feel free to try the test servers for DRM and F1 1988, both possible upcoming series.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=804669348

No VTCC timing? I wanna compare myself to others to see if I'll jump this weekend.

whoa

"hairpin"

Can't upload the previous webm but the pace notes are not good in this game. On this stage hairpin was called out several times that didn't exist.

cars have fenders

Are all the racing series stuff you guys do in rFactor 2? If so does it need to be on steam for the multiplayer or can it be like a pirated version and multiplayer is still possible? Because I've always wanted to race with you guys but I've never had the games that gets played

The first post you quoted is for a league on 8(fuck you wordfilter)chan, not sure why it's being posted here.

But the second post you quoted is a series in rFactor 2 and yes the cracked game on the wiki does having working multiplayer. There are plans for a series someone is hosting in rFactor 1 as well.

Ok awesome cheers man, will have to get it when I can, should I wait for new a new series to start or is it ok to like join in part way through a series? I kinda feel like I should wait for a new one because I don't wanna join in mid series and then ruin someone's race

Joining mid series is fine. And if you're worried about ruining someone's race then just purposely give yourself plenty of room if you're near somebody until you feel confident enough to go door to door. Oh and use virtual mirrors and pay attention to flags. Pretty simple.

Just turn up to the race senpai, as long as you don't get in the way of people when they lap you (which is ez, just don't be erratic basically) in faster cars you'll be fine, in /ovg/ you can turn up to any race you want basically.

I'm a big fan of proper racing and shit so I normally get out of the way when I know someone is faster than me, I'm just worried that I'll make a mistake or something and take someone out with me, and the fact I haven't played rfactor 2 before will make it a challenge, but that's part of the fun I suppose, hopefully sometime in the near future I'll be able to race with you guys, been wanting it for a long time honestly

just practice until you're confident with the car. you can't get good at driving with other people until you do it, so join soon and get your mileage up

You remind me of me when I joined about 1 year ago. Had the same worries of joining a series midway through or taking someone out but it's honestly not a problem.
Just practice a bit so you can keep your car consistent and safe on the track and you should be fine.
If you're gonna join RANWEC this saturday I'd advise you to join in a GTE car though I don't know if you're already experienced with LMP2 or LMP1 cars

>in /ovg/ you can turn up to any race you want basically.
Reminder that spife did nothing wrong

OVGF1 Season 2 with commentary when

When we get the dream team of unmoon tooley and lancer back together

i.e. never

Do I have to do anything on these test servers or can I just hot lap?

You can hotlap just fine my dude

Cool, I'll probably hop on in a bit then.

reminder that you can cheese offroad races with engine swaps

also lost on the lake. send help

does any game exist that has realistic stalling if you accidentally let go of the clutch?

/ovg/ is beautiful when actual discussion is happening. Good on you, anons

When we find a good mod, f1 88 is pretty bad in rf2 at least. Perhaps we should try rf1

What is bad about it? I find they drive well and the cars are pretty varied. Only real problem I found so far is that the stock setups are undriveable, but other than that it's fine

fug

i'd be happy with something tried and tested in rf1

Ok, my friend has been telling me to get forza horizon 3. The thing is that I'm used to forza motorsport more than horizon, favorite being forza motorsport 4. How good is the customization in horizon 3 compared to motorsport 6?

This is all on Xbox one also

LIVE FOR SPEED

Project Cars

Not better only a few kits for specific cars. but it's scenery is better obviously with the free roam aspect

I figured. I could care less about the scenery, I want proper motorsport racing with tuning, not shit like free roam.

Thanks

am i the only one who still plays the niche japanese racing games

>reminder that you can cheese offroad races with engine swaps
What do you mean?
Is this something that works online?

#forzaspife

>mr
>i6
wut

Lmao at the car physics in the bottom half of the screen

Well, it uses the same upgrading and tuning as Motorsport.

Any proper sim. What is difficult to find is proper miss shifts and gear grinding. I know there's a plugin for rf1 but that's it? I wanna melt my gearbox.

that thing looked fun to chase around. wish i could've stayed longer

FH3 with manual/clutch

no stalling but missing clutch is pretty punishing

Does the AI cheat in rf1? I'm playing f1 2004 mod and the AI is placing world record times.

You can up the AI to more than 100%, and I think above 125 it starts to cheat maybe.

Every sim makes the AI use different physics that are superior to the actual physics. Even AC, though the devs claim that they don't do that.

You can edit the cpu physics. In almost all the games the AI uses a slightly simplified version of player physics so it takes less of a toll on your processing performance. You can fine tune these settings in your plr.

Whiplash confirmed for the most realistic sim

This corner can be so rewarding when you get it right, but so fucking scary if you don't.

fucks with the tires like crazy though

It's a pretty easy corner, man

yeah my right side tyres were getting fucked real good, but I can barely keep the left side ones hot.

I kinda went for a cheeky line desu, nice quads

>inb4 why not hide UI
I forgot

Its' MR drivetrain makes it look like a MR2 rather than a 180SX from a thumbnail, haha.

>"yknow what, I have two hours to kill, I'll do a quick skin for /RANWEC/"

lel no

So my G27 pedals now go from 0 to 100% instantly, clutch works fine though. Anyone know a fix?

Also, what's an easy way to make a .webm, 'cause this one was a fucking nightmare.

ANYONE DOWN FOR LFS?

Unironically have you tried pluging off and on everything in the wheel, and restarting your PC?

Also try plugging it into a motherboard port.

And google webm for retards. Enable 2 pass, downsize(nobody likes jaggy 1080p webms) and throw bitrate at it until it's close to 3 mb

offline. ai doesnt seem to be able to into engine swaps so if you put a v12 in a bowler or v8 in an f150 etc. they cant keep up on any difficulty

usefull if you dont like doing cross country and want to get it out of the way

if you can travel in a straight line for 10m you can win races online

Are you the one from yesterday? Mind some race07?

Tried all that, still doesn't work, although the leds on the wheel display an analogue input from the pedals, so at least I know it's not broken.

And I'll look into webm for retards, cheers.

Unplug, plug back and make sure you press both pedals up to the end to make sure the wheel doesn't calibrate incorrectly.

Yeah that's me, bad news about R07 though... apparently at some point I uninstalled it. It's gonna take 45 mins to download.

It's fun. I cheated and gave it AWD swap since it's hard enough to stabilize on the dry roads of the main map.

Still no, but now if I keep the throttle pedal at about 50% it flickers all over the place. I also found out that if I tick the "Report combined pedals" box they work fine, aside from not being about to accelerate and brake at the same time, so I have no idea what's going on, I might just re-install the drivers.

Logitechs drivers are the fucking worst.

I can't drift

NEW LFS PATCH IS OUT

STUDIO 397 ON SUICIDE WATCH
IRACING FILED BANKRUPTCY
KUNOS ON LIFE SUPPORT
REIZA DELETED CORESHADERS.MAS

WE'RE REACHING LEVELS OF TECHNOLOGY THAT SHOULDN'T BE ACCESSED BY THE PUBLIC

Yes, that's not a bad idea. You could try to reset your profile or something like that as well.

Truly entered next gen

Wow this changes everything

Still waiting for the Scirocco.

Anyone playing FH3 multiplayer? Is there a discord?

>lfs
no shit it actually looks better in game

lel I had forgotten about that.

sim racing news blog article regarding the circumstances of the deaths of everybody at LFS who arent scawen when

There were people apart from scawen who still worked at LFS?

videogamer.com/news/test-drive-brand-acquired-by-bigben-interactive

Spork Juct
Brittney Rae

Racing lagoon has a weird customization system. I need to get around to seeing if it allows mr 4dr sedan.

>more french people in control of tdu's fate

there is no chance of recovery

Hopefully they can make a proper successor to TDU and not a shit show like TDU2

None of this story bullshit. None of those fucking driving schools. None of that DRIVE thingy or whatever it was that earned you cash for driving past someone fast.

Just a classic free roam. Play your own game. Buy your own cars and houses. Do whatever races when you want how you want.

I don't care if the road quality is a tiny bit subpar. I just want a varied car selection. A good amount of roads (1k+ km would be great). Varied roads from winding rural to inner city to tight, technical mountain. It doesn't even have to be a real area.

Just give us the old TDU back, with modern graphics. Hell, even the UI stands up IMO.

There goes the Test Drive name even further down the shitter.

So I'm guessing you mean the game lets you change the drivechain of cars? That's pretty cool, especially if the 3D model changes too.

I'm 75% sure they're just going to make TDU into a mobile game

Big Ben Interactive, publishers of the shit WRC game.

NICE

Thats already happened m8, season 3 will be the next ovgf1 season

when

Dear sim racer,

With eSports and sim racing growing rapidly, time has come to structure sim racing across a multitude of simulators and countries. Therefore, the International Sim Racing Federation has sprung from initiators from various backgrounds.

The non-profit organisation will focus entirely on developing the sport of sim racing, creating racing and business opportunities for its members, associations, communities and leagues. The structure of the federation is entirely democratic, and currently in recruiting phase for its first official board.

The federation is backed by several associations, communities, teams and high profile sim racers across the globe, and has already attracted companies and game developers to work together on common goals.

The idea for the federation was introduced at the 2016 Sim Racing Expo at the Nürburgring, with several associations, communities and teams at a meeting, where the concept was further developed and the initial formation of the interim board was made.

According to the game plan developed in the expo, the board and managing positions of the ISRF are now open for applications from all across the world, after which it starts working on its goals, which is to structure and improve the sport of sim racing.
Founding of the ISRF
The idea for the federation was introduced at the 2016 Sim Racing Expo at the Nurburgring, with several associations, communities and teams at a meeting, where the concept was further developed and the initial formation of the interim board was made.
According to the game plan developed in the expo, the board and managing positions of the ISRF are now open for applications from all across the world, after which it starts working on its goals, which is to structure and improve the sport of sim racing.

shut up faggot

Cool, but this seems a little un-necessary considering how small the sim racing community is. And £5 says the only game used in ISRF championships is ProjectCARS 2.

I like the idea of unifying the sim racing community though, it ain't gonna happen, but I wish you luck nonetheless.

wew

gayyyy

Shadow government pls

i bet you're fun at parties

>/ovg/
>going to parties

>Dear keyboard warrior,

>With eSports and sim racing still not growing rapidly, time has come to structure sim racing across a multitude of simulators and countries. Therefore, the World High-Intensity Professional League Association of Simracing Hype has arisen from the ashes of previous broderbunds.

>The for-profit organisation will focus entirely on developing the sport of e-peen raging, creating racing and business opportunities for its members, associations, communities and leagues. The structure of the federation is entirely democratic, and currently in recruiting phase for its first official board.

>The federation is backed by several associations, communities, teams and high profile sim racers across the globe, and has already attracted companies and game developers to work together on common goals such as everybody abandoning they're former works to exclusively attend races in my favorite sim.

>The idea for the federation was introduced in the comments under the YouTube video about the 2016 Sim Racing Expo at the Nürburgring, with several associations, communities and teams shitposting at once, where the concept was further developed and the initial formation of the interim board was made.

>According to the game plan developed in the expo, the board and managing positions of the ISRF are now open for applications from all across the world, after which it starts working on its goals, which is to structure and improve the sport of twitch streaming.

Dear shitposter,

With eSports and sim racing being literally ded, time has come to structure sim racing across a multitude of simulators and countries. Therefore, the Association of Underdeveloped Teenagers for Internet Simulated Motorsports has sprung from neets from various backgrounds.

The non-profit organisation will focus entirely on developing the sport of creating drama, creating circlejerking opportunities for its members, associations, communities and leagues. The structure of the federation is entirely controlled by the Shadow Government, and currently in recruiting phase for its first official board.

The federation is backed by several associations, communities, teams and high profile furfags across the globe, and has already attracted companies and game developers to work together on payware mods.

The idea for the federation was introduced on the /ogc/ Discord, with several associations, communities and teams at a meeting, where the concept was further developed and the initial formation of the interim board was made.

According to the game plan developed in the expo, the board and managing positions of the ISRF are now open for applications from all across the world, after which it starts working on its goals, which is to structure and improve the sport of chasing people out.

Any Canadians around? Alberta here!

There were some but we chased them all out

/ovglfs/ when?

/ovg/ i just want you to know that gta5 added an r33 with r34 rear end skyline and a shitty rwb 930
the thing that i thought was going to be shitty and terrible looking looks great and the thing i was hyped for looks like trash