Those of you who drive regularly with a manual transmission... Do you ever get knee pain or discomfort...

Those of you who drive regularly with a manual transmission... Do you ever get knee pain or discomfort? My knee has been really bothering me lately and I can only boil it down to the repetitive depressing of the clutch. I do drive a small vehicle but I've owned it for 2years now.

Nope. Your knee is fucked, buddy.

No lol stop being such a woman, jesus fuck.

If anything, my left leg feels uncomfortable when driving an automatic/not driving.

No.

No.

On the bright side OP, sex change operations are getting cheaper these days. Stay positive!

Nope.

You probably need to excercise more because operating a clutch really shouldn't be taxing at all.

/thread

If you're holding it at each stoplight stop doing that and put it in neutral. Also you might want to buy a different car, like a car where the clutch pedal is easily pressed without too much effort (sportcars are usually like that, but shitboxes that's designed to not be terrible to drive too).

I only get a sore left knee driving because I kept jamming it up against the steering column when I'm not using the clutch in order to stay in my seat. I know I should really be using the footrest (or getting proper seats) but this is my third car and the first left an actual left footrest so I'm not adjusted even after two years to actually using it. Every track day leaves me with a massive bruise on my knee but I just man up and take it for what it is.

O

You hurt your knee doing something else and using the clutch is aggravating the injury.
In a big truck with a heavy pedal you could strain your knee, not in a little econobox though.

I've exclusively driven manual cars all my life (I'm 35) and I say, whatever's wrong with your knee, using the clutch didn't cause it but it might makes it worse. Go see a doctor if it doesn't get better on its own. Also, is that a modded NA Miata?

Not really. After I had ACL surgery on my left knee and my doc gave me the go-ahead to drive stick, I was a bit lazy about depressing the clutch fully. But that only lasted a month or two.

I knew someone here in LA who traded in for an automatic for that exact reason.
Said they loved manual, but their left knee was going to shit in traffic every day.

Everyone here is being a cuck about it, but honestly no. Ive driven a manual for around 6 months now and even with my left knee missing much of its meniscus, it has not bothered me.

Are u a girl?

Yup.

Well I drive a miata, and my leg hits the steering wheel if I don't intentionally angle it towards the door when I press the clutch.

adjust your seat?
>b-b-b-but my knees hurt after driving!
man up?

>working a clutch over and over again, thousands of times in a day, day in and day out, isnt enough to cause early development of degeneration in joints in the leg
>making minuscule lateral motions with your wrist is over extended periods of time is enough to give you carpal tunnel issue, though

OP, don't listen to these fucking idiots. Depressing a clutch is a non-natural motion and a non-natural action. The mechanics of the human body are fucking weird, and seemingly inconsequential details can cause long term issues.

That being said, if you're having knee pain and your worried about it, go see a fucking doctor instead of asking a bunch of assholes on the internet.

Driving didn't cause it, but you should get your knee looked at.

Ignore the shitposting, joint problems are real shit

Stay off your knees when you're blowing your boyfriend.

Yes, but not due to the car.

I have foot trouble from sitting in traffic holding the clutch in, though, so I'm trying to remember to pop it into neutral and pick my foot up off the clutch at red lights.
And that wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't standing up/walking all day at work.

>their left knee was going to shit in traffic every day.
Why isnt the right knee going to shit?
Why isnt everyone in europe having broken knees?

Hint: Its not the clutch

>everyone in europe
>traffic
You've never been to LA, have you?

In europe everyone in a metropolian area uses public transportation and the big broad streets which all were laid down after the motorisation and thus are very efficient at putting all the traffic through will prevent any congestion of the not existing rushours from the not existing people who live in the not existing shitloads of satelite towns and villages around the city.

I get it but I also drive a company truck all day and have a habit of folding my left knee up kind of awkwardly when not operating the clutch or driving the auto truck. Do you do that?

>tfw you go to the doctor about your knee pain and he prescribes an autotragic

Sounds like a no to me.

Sounds like you have unrelated knee problems but the clutch isn't helping that problem. See doctor find out how fucked tour knee is.

I have worked as a temp mailman in a "rural" (by french standards anyway) with a Citroen Berlingo for a few weeks now, and I had some knee pain during the second week from depressing the clutch (the hardest i ever experienced) and gas pedal too much : 150+ stops a day, plus maneuvers in small dirt roads, often on inclines, etc.

Once I realized that, I just made sure to reduce clutch use and it went better.

However, getting knee pain from regular driving probably isn't the clutch's fault but rather preexisting knee issue being amplified.