Hey guys Dodge here, we heard that y'all think the Challenger is heavy, unreliable, and fuel inefficient...

Hey guys Dodge here, we heard that y'all think the Challenger is heavy, unreliable, and fuel inefficient, so we put an AWD system on it. Hope you enjoy!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge#DaimlerChrysler_.26_private_ownership
youtube.com/watch?v=Wzq3JbQzEek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't the challenger based on the W211 E-Class?

Doesn't AWD come with V6 only?

thanks, Dodge.
you're the best.

Yes

I fucking hate this godawful company SO fucking goddamn much. I'm going to be so fucking happy when the 2017 GT500 blows this fucking piece of trash the fuck out on January 10th. FUCK dodge.

That's almost worse than if it came on the v8. Who goes up to a dealership and says "Hey, I want a 90's E-class coupe that weighs 20 tons, is underpowered, unreliable, slow, fuel inefficient and has a plastic interior. Here's my $35,000."

h-hey guys sorry we heard there isn't an AWD muscle car so we made one for you
H-hope you enjoy s-sorry.

Would make a bitching rally car

>4600 pounds
No it wouldn't

>actually thinking the W210 platform is shit
>306 hp and 0-60mph in 6 seconds is considered underpowered
>2015+ have had little to no issues
>31 mpg is supposedly inefficient for 4000 lb car now
>starts at $27k

How is this interior trash? Its better than half the shit bmw makes

user, the whole dash is one piece of cheap interior plastic.

>306 hp and 0-60mph in 6 seconds is considered underpowered
Anything over 4 seconds is disgustingly slow, are you retarded?

>t. benchracer that's never driven anything more powerful than his mom's corolla

Shit mobiles from the 90s you pick up for $3000 can run 0-60 in 6 seconds you retarded ape

I love all the kiddies who watched grand tour and are toting their new "knowledge" around any chance they get.

God, every time I false-flag like this I lure you faggots out.
Are you fucking serious? Go ahead, name a few. And you said shitmobiles so I can only assume you mean shitboxes that get 0-60 6s STOCK. Go ahead, fucking post them.

user, your turbo Civic will not do 0-60 in 6 seconds.

You're right, it'll do it in 3.9

>Everytime I pretend to be a retard I outsmart everyone

4th gen maxima, preludes, mustang GT, any sporty car hits mid 6 seconds in 0-60 you dumbass

So whats the problem? Honestly.

So this AWD challenger is a sports car? Nice. I'll be putting a deposit down on my new sports car shortly, then.

FWD econoboxes can hit 0-60 in 6 seconds. That would've been impressive 20 years ago but they're pretty pedestrian by todays standards

>V6

>problem
It's too American, and everything American is inherently bad. Because reasons. Don't question it, just like you don't question it when Ahmed gets the tax money you paid because you have an absolutely MASSIVE 2 litre engine.

>Because reasons
What did you mean by this?

As if the fagg/o/ts in here could afford that

"The third, and current generation, was introduced in early 2008 as a rival to the evolvedfifth generation Ford Mustangand thefifth generation Chevrolet Camaro."

Is the dodge shill mad that in 20 years of advancement and 10x the price they have similar performance to cheap used cars?

They should pull a Nissan and put an attessa style system on the V8 model. It'd be like an old R33, huge and boatlike, but fast.

Fuck off

I don't outsmart anyone, I just say something completely retarded to get like minded people to come out.
And you always do.

>car introduces in 2008 competes with cars introduced in 2005 and 2009
>car still being built only 2 years after others have changed models
>""20 years"" occurring anywhere in there

Your statements are just plain wrong. Do you take enjoyment out of lying on the Internet? Does your mother think you're a real man now, or is she just calling you upstairs for dinner?

>Haha I was acting retarded on purpose!
Nice argument

>Reading comprehension

Who wants this in a Challenger? It already has enough performance credentials as it is. Why aren't they promoting something like the Journey as being an AWD "muscle car"? Wasn't FCA trying to reframe Dodge as being a performance company and readjust cars like the Journey to "Align with Dodge DNA". I swear Dodge just can't even be bothered to try.

...but that's the whole point
And if you agree that my point was retarded, then you're equally as idiotic for actually agreeing with the point in the first place.

>German chassis
>Italian company
>built by Indians in Canada
Most American car ever

And that V6 Camry would end up costing more than a dirt cheap Challenger too

Somebody post a fastest lap screenshot, the shitposting would be complete

>V6

Surely this must have at least a turbo, right? This sounds all too heavy.

>learning disability
Only the base model runs in the 6s, and they're low 6s. Compare that to any new car at the same price point ($34k) and features, and it's identical or better. Then you option it up, which can't generally be done cheaply with other vehicles (BMW, mercedes) to about $50k and it blows everything out of the water at that price point.

You can't go comparing new to used so I ignored that asinine statement. Of course bang/$ is better on the used market for this segment.

Holy fucking shit you cagers are pathetic. I am literally rolling on the floor laughing at you guys arguing over a 6 second 0-60. Just stop. A stock NA Miata does 0-60 in 6 seconds. Pic unrelated, 0-100 in 3.4

that interior would make a fucking blind man cry

Their AWD variants of the 300 and Charger sold pretty well so they're likely just cashing in.

Nah, this is a lower end model for people who want to daily drive it all year round. You don't need a 6.4L V8 to drive to work in a cool looking cruiser

Cuz its a nigger mobile

Because he doesn't get to see it?

Did your parents mix battery acid with your milk as a baby or something?

Pic related: you

Your shitty american car loses to a fucking lexus in a drag race, do you realize how pathetic that is?

this, I'm ashamed of being european car enthusiast when most of yuropoors are that stupid

In his defense, the 2010 Charger SE(base model) was powered by the 3.5 which was a turd compared to the 3.6 V6 that's been talked about the entire time, your bait makes no sense

Fair enough, but don't you think a car that is designed to go fast in a line should go faster than a fwd sedan?

The Lexus is lighter and it's a fucking Lexus man, the trans was a 6speed vs a 5spd RWD trans in a car that's 800lbs heavier driven by an engine with less horsepower than the Lexus and you wonder why it lost? If you want to compare apples to apples compare the 2014 Honda Accord V6 coupe vs the 2014 Challenger V6

>V8

Its much better now. It was awful when that car was first released.

The GT350R has already blown every car Dodge makes out of the water, sans Viper ACR. Mind you, the Shelby (even in R trim) is still comfy on the streets thanks to magnetic dampers (also nav, aircon, and radio if you add the tech package on). An ACR will break your spine.

It isn't though

>A stock NA Miata does 0-60 in 6 seconds

yea, nah
NA does it 8 sec
NB does it in 7.5

what the fuck my 15 year old ls1 dunnydoor is literally faster

You've never felt a 5 second or under car have you?

Or even worse you are a holier than thou bike fag on a gixxer

>8 years old

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The V6 Accord and Camrys are actually pretty fast though.

I agree, that's why I got a 2015

Couldn't stand the awful interior of the 2008-2014 models

Wait WHAT. OK, are there more instances of this in the modern car world, specifically of cars from one brand being made off the same chassis/suspension of an entirely different brand?

I know this happens within auto groups like FMC, GM, Renault and its subsidiaries, but across entirely different brands?

Would they hell would some stupid fucking american look at that fat, floppy piece of shit chassis and think "yeah... that'll make for a great sports car"?

Daimler used to own Chrysler before it was sold to Fiat. They never bothered to make a new platform.

Idk if you count joint ventures but there's the toyota 86/subaru brz and the miata/fiat 124

I own a W210. It is indeed fat, but it's not floppy. Corners damn well for its weight too.

I was under the impression Chrysler wasn't owned by anyone. I thought the Daimler thing stopped in the 50s. Good to know!

Owned before Fiat, that is.

Why is it the best looking yanktank is the biggest pos?

Such a shame.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge#DaimlerChrysler_.26_private_ownership

S class. Not E class

Yep, they didnt want to make a v8 because it would probably walk over the current Hellcat/Scat

The third generation, Toyota Yaris (sedan model) uses a Mazda 2 body.

>0-100 in 3.4

wow! You can read the brochure!

Bikefags always go on about their 0-60 times yet they're too squiddy to launch or handle the bike properly. Lets see some VBOX data squidward.

isnt the aston martin vantage based off the mustang?

No, it's was an E Class platform

not the dude but he is sorta right as the front suspension is from the W220 S-class, the rest is the W210 e class. They literally took the heaviest parts from Mercedes but i guess thats why i rides nice and doesn't handle like shit

So did the W220 have issues with shitty failure prone ball joints as well?

No

Cagers on damage control because all he has to do is hold a wheel still and push his foot down to go anywhere.

thisisafishingpole.jpg

You should fuck again, I don't think you reinforced your displeasure about the situation enough to really communicate your position.

No, they won't

those engines can easily be pushed to 400hp, not bad for a commuter car.

Ive been in a hellcat a few days ago. The sound system gave me cancer, cant even hear lyrics over the bass. The seats also feel weird, like a sixties leather chair.

oh shit i didnt know Daimler AG let them go

a 3000 dollar gs400 will do 0-60 in 5.5

user, drive something that does 0-60 in 6 seconds. It will feel slow before the day has ended

Rofl maybe in Death Valley at 2 in the morning with a tailwind.

Meanwhile in the real world:
youtube.com/watch?v=Wzq3JbQzEek

*triggered

FCA: yeah we will give you the car you want with AWD but we dont want to spend too much money.... so we will give it a v6. true story.

yeah good job dude you linked some short shifting retard