Help me pick my next car because I'm torn between 2. Should I get the BMW m240i or 2017 Camaro 1SS?

Help me pick my next car because I'm torn between 2. Should I get the BMW m240i or 2017 Camaro 1SS?

I've made pros of both

M240i xdrive
Only .2 seconds slower to 60
Girls love BMW and even though we are moving talking a 2 series they don't know any better and the car will still cost close 50k
The interior is superior
Men have literally picked girls up by simply putting the keys on the table at a bar as much as you closet cases don't want to admit it but it has happened
Better for the snow

Camaro SS
Looks much sexier
Faster to 60 and the quarter, not by much but still faster
Dude Bros will think the car is impressive
Dual mode exhaust is awesome

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HfDZixZFzms
youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo
edmunds.com/car-buying/compare-the-costs-buying-vs-leasing-vs-buying-a-used-car.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xjKjnbOsSEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get the m240i but not the xdrive

f-body + supercharger
e46 m3

Why not? Xdrive is better for snow and faster off the line

Seconded

Why no xdrive?

>Xdrive is better for snow
No it is not

So awd is just a meme? I've driven rwd and awd in snow and the awd is better

Xdrive is poorly designed

With good snow tires it should not make much of a difference.

My brother has the v6 Camaro, it is hilariously fun with the exhaust. The ride is pretty firm which is my only gripe since the steering is kinda eh in terms of feel.

It's very impressive how good they made the new Camaro though

I don't plan on switching my tires out for the winters

are you buying or leasing?
will you be or able to do your own maintenance work?
do you enjoy doing the maintenance work?

people give bmw a lot of shit for being costly but i think those are the people to drive the hell out of their bmws and follow the manual on maintenance
i rarely redline my bmw and change the oil every 7500 miles rather than the book suggesting 10-15k
i even had the oil changed twice a year when it was under warranty, had to pay out of pocket for that extra oil change

havent had to do any repair work on my bmw yet
>2010 328i, 74k miles currently
but if it does require repair work, i know itll be a huge pain in the ass cause everything is tightly packed

I plan on leasing, if I like the car enough I'll buy it in the end but odds are I'll just lease the newer version or a different car all together when the lease dies so I don't need to worry about maintenance

Have fun rear ending someone
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HfDZixZFzms

>leasing
>literally throwing your money away
what kind of faggot are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo
Please, just do it

How is leasing throwing money away? Are you one of those kids who pays over half the value of the car for a 3 year lease?

Shit

as per Longpostguy; leasing only makes sense if it's a business expense that you can write off on your taxes or you're only going to be in the US for a year and don't want to deal with the hassle of selling before you leave.

edmunds.com/car-buying/compare-the-costs-buying-vs-leasing-vs-buying-a-used-car.html

>buy car someone else leased for 1/2 msrp
>get to keep car
It's not that hard OP

how were you planning on driving the camaro on snow if you think you need awd?

>Girls love BMW and even though we are moving talking a 2 series they don't know any better and the car will still cost close 50k

Who cares what girls think?

t. Gay

You forget they don't get the warrenty

You can get a warranty on certified pre owned cars

They want to rap and make soul beats just like you, thats why I bought a rb26det to be a dope rice boy just for you.

This

You mean those used dealers who overcharge and never budge? Enjoy

C4 LT4 Corvette + add comfy seats

I mean dealers that sell new cars, but have certified pre owned cars from leases.

camaro is best bang for buck
buy it 1 year used though

don't buy it

it's slower than a civic

lol what a dumb comparison
around a certain track, yes, its a much heavier car
but off the line, no, it smokes the civic

but neither of those is the correct criteria because hes not fucking racing it hes driving it

so which one will be more fun to drive, more comfortable, help him pickup chicks, etc

sadly i think most girls are probably impressed by the bmw more but id say the camaro is pretty fucking sexy too

>damage control: the post

Look I'm not a poor fag I don't buy used cars

this. the camaro is overrated trash

>he doesn't know what SS stands for
>defending a sport car that's slower in the turns

Absolute maximum disgust

If you are not a poor fag then why are you leasing?

So I can just trade it in for a newer version after 3 years rather than have to wait to sell the thing. I also won't have to worry about cost for maintenance after 3 years

>worries about the cost of maintenance
>I'm not a poorfag guys

The money you spend on payments for 3 years

Will always be more than the cost of ownership of a used $2,000 Corolla/Civic (that was inspected) over 10-15 years- period

You didn't even account for your insurance being 10x higher

>Bimmers pull chicks rite guyz?
>Dude bros like Camaros rite guyz?

How about you buy the car that you like and don't worry what other people think. It's your car, buy what you want. Cars aren't accessories.

>I should burn my money and give it away cause I can

Fuck off commie

Why would I want a used civic?

That 2000 dollar civic costs more than a new bike. You are wasting money

>buying a used civic != buying a cpo m235i
I'm just saying that buying used does not make you a poorfag, but leasing a car does make you a poorfag

>bike
>convenience, comfort, utility
>300,000+ miles with little upkeep

Pick one stupid bike fag. Enjoy being too pussy to ride in a torrential downpour and plow through standing water.

So buying a used civic at 2k does not mean you are poor but leasing a 50key bmw every 3 years means you are? Wowa

You realize I mean bicycle right you funding retard?

It's like all used cars are not equal or something.

t. Ugly bastard that needs material good in order to impress the other sex

You brought up a flicking used civic when I was talking about a new BMW mw40i xdrive. How about you pick a more relevant used car than faggot

Says the guy who has probably never had a relationship for longer than a month

>implying this doesn't apply to a bicycle

If you find a bicycle to be uncomfortable it's because you are a fat fuck who can't fit his ass on the seat and bicycles are low maintenence

Why are you comparing a 2010 Camaro SS?

The 2016 is lighter, has more power and better handling.
Please read threads with more attention; OP clearly mentionned he wanted a 2016 SS, not a 2010

>You brought up a flicking used civic
Unfortunately there is more than one user on Veeky Forums :^)

>it's because you are a fat fuck
lmfao, yeah show me a heated leather bicycle seat since we are doing a "fair" comparison
>bicycles are low maintenence

What you save on maitenance will cost you more with time wasted and sever environmental/vehicular injuries.

Try again

there are no major differences

Yeah no major differences besides a new platform, 200lbs lighter, more power and a better-handling suspension; nothing relevant indeed

My dad actually commutes on his bike daily and it's actually ended up costing more than it would have if he had driven every day. All those sprockets, cassettes, chains, plus the cost of the bike, tires, brake pads, etc. His car is paid off though.

>camaro
>handling

>a model can never improve so if something sucked previously, it will always suck

Why are you shitposting about cars you don't know about ?
The 2016+ SS is praised for its handling

youtube.com/watch?v=xjKjnbOsSEs

You're wasting your time... These poorfags will never be satisfied with anything if they can't afford it.

OP, I have a 2017 2SS Camaro, I came from a 2010 Nissan 370Z Sport/Touring/Tech... The Camaro is a great car, It's loud when you want it to be, handling is very solid and hides its weight well (I have Magnetic Ride Control so your experiences might be different) and it's fast.

My only complaint is the abundance of hard touch plastics... The entire dash except for a strip of leather is plastic, the door panels except for a patch of leather (2SS/RS only) on the top and the armrest is leather... Otherwise, it's a nice place to be in, visibility while not great isn't as bad as it seems.

op

avoid camaros

mine broke a mile from the dealership

they refused to agree to the warranty

my BMW broke 100 meters from the dealership; they're garbage

same

my camaro broke a foot away from the dealership

LMFAO. utter trash

pics or it didnt happen

I looked at my Camaro just before I was going to leave the dealership and it spontaneously combusted. They refused to cover it under the warranty

My 918 caught on fire a few inches from the Porsche factory. glad i had my reliable back-up car the Ford Pintoâ„¢.

I ordered my camaro and when i went to go pick it up it threw a rod while they were backing it off the trailer
They refused to cover it under the warranty

this. gm has no quality control

That makes no sense. Do you forget cars need gas, registration, and insurance? All of which would cost more than 10 bikes a year?

Commuting thirty miles on the interstate (one way) on a bicycle would be a problem.

>rb26det
Did you do the single turbo conversion yourself? Or are you just retarded

Why the fuck would you want to stay in a relationship more than a month with the stupid bimbo who fell for you because you leased a bimmer?

Do you even think before you post?

>Foxbody 5.0 makes less power than a stock Coyote 5.0

If you really want a new BMW, get a new 7 series or an M, and sell it about 6 months before the warranty expires. Otherwise, if you insist on new BMW, look at a 440i.

I love me some BMW V12's, but I'd sooner buy a new Ford than a new BMW.

>>Xdrive is better for snow
>No it is not

Holy fuck are you retarded? Of course its better for snow you absolute retard.

Put a RWD BMW beside an awd bmw and send them up a snowy hill, see which one has a better time at it. Or put them in any snow above a foot

F-body is not a fox body. It's a 4th gen camaro/firebird

>hurt durr amount of snow matters
No it doesn't. If you live in civilization the roads get plowed.

don't be a cuck and get the camaro, girls love them too, this opinion is comiing from yurop(bmw is getting worse and worse every year)

>i dont live where it actually snows more then 10 days a year

How does it compare against the 370z?
I'm hesitating between a V6 Camaro, V6 mustang or 370z (can't afford a 2016 SS)

any piece of shit murrican car attracts girls and attention since they are so rare in europe you dumb shit.
In america people appreciate luxury cars not some redneck racecar

I had a loaner V6 Camaro for the last week (my 2SS had paint issues).

Only way a V6 could be fun is if you get the 1LE equipped, The base suspension is firm but disappointing... Mine had an 8 speed automatic and it sucked. I think it would be more decent if it were a manual.

Handling, The 370Z has a better feeling and felt more agile. You can feel the weight in the Camaro but it knows how to make the weight work... The Z is super tight inside, both have shitty visibility but the Z has more better interior materials but shit tech.

It's hard to say which one beats it since I went from 2SS to 1LT base V6 (on 18s, not 20s) and know there's decent V6's in between (2LT/RS & 1LE)... 2SS to 370z goes to the 2SS easily, It has more power and handles great. But base 1LT to 370Z is easy to say for enjoyment purposes the Z was better but I think if it were a stick and had a higher trim (better wheel/tire) it would be pretty damn close comparison.

/RamblingBecauseTired