/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 11.1 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>General
-33c3 presentations on December 27th. One for 3DS and Wii U, one for PS4. Both will probably be livestreamed.
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/8344.html
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/7946.html

>3DS
-DS games via SD card coming Christmas: youtu.be/Pke0kalpoBU
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second CFW 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
filetrip.net/dl?yF8KWNNxsk
3dsthem.es/7295
gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-162#post-6934180
youtube.com/watch?v=UutYOidFx3c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for DS games from SD is worth waiting for

reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for

Guys, is DS games on SD worth waiting for?

$10 and you can get perfect compatibility today with multiple save slots and cheats. If you want less than perfect just emulate it on your phone or PC.

the files I get from uwizard don't have a .rpx file. How can I fix that so I can load it in CEMU?

How can I take a screenshot on O3DS? Any homebrew?

We'll see, a lot of progress has been made very quickly but there are still technical issues.

You'll be doing a lot of waiting with those load times, sure.

Someone on /nintyg/ said something about a homebrew Mario Maker solution to sharing 3ds levels. Anyone have more info on it? My Google-fu is apparently too weak.

>His 4.81 PS3 isn't hacked

ntr lets you do it for games that dont require extra ram like monhun and pokemon.

Where I can find it? The one on github says it's N3DS only

Still very early and requires a bit of hex editing right now to make full use of it.

google mario maker online course database

Hello. At this moment, how would I go about hacking a 2DS on version 11.0.33U?

Is doing so without a hardmod or second 3DS possible?

Yes but only if you happen to have a particular DSiWare title such as Zelda Four Swords. May change in the future.

With any luck, something could be revealed on the 27th at 33c3.

On a r4isdhc.com.cn cart

gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/

You just need the ntr.bin from that one, put it on your SD card root, then download and install github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases

If you don't have specific dsiware, no.
Just don't update for now, we might get a new 11.0 downgrade soon.

Does someone know what game this is? I want to actually try it.

Does the free edition of Four Swords that a bunch of people got for free count for anything?

"Four Swords Anniversary Edition" if I recall correctly.

That's the only edition. So that works.

Pippa Funnell
Acekard 2i

That does indeed count.

>on 95.0-22U
>can't get Decrypt9 to run
>downgrade it to 9.5.0 to make sure it wasn't a partial
>still on the same version but now menuhax doesn't work
This isn't nearly as fun as setting up other consoles.

Just a reminder to SDfags to enjoy your:
-White screens
-Black screens
-Waiting times
-40% compatibility rate
-Game freezes
-Slow rom loading times
-No game saving
-Lack of anti-piracy patching
-No save state functionality
-Lack of cheat engine

Just get a flashcard for fucks sake and stop putting your faith in this DS roms from SD vaporware.

Now, if I had a Nintendo account with this game on it, could I log in to it on my 3DS, then download the game without needing to update?

what flashcard do you suggest getting?

So if I want to start pirating games on the Vita, is it as simple as using FileZilla and Molecular Cell or are there some more things I gotta do?

Yep if you have a VPK and molecule you can do it. There is also MAI installing which is similar it just uses folders and a different application on the vita.

They pulled it and you have to be on a lower firmware to be able to redownloaded games that have been pulled off the market. If you wait until the 27th there will probably be good news for you.

When I try to load up haxchi, I'm getting a black screen with "-3" in the upper lefthand corner. Have to power off.

What'd I fuck up? It was working before.

Kill me

thanks

Get a wood-based one; either r4i gold (r4ids.cn) or dual-core (r4isdhc.com.cn)
lel I remember that, you shouldn't have updated.

i'm trying to install homebrew on a 9.9 o3ds but i keep getting the browser isn't working at this time message. I also tried basehax but after trying to change the base name i get sent to the home menu and the system reboots. Any help?

What is the difference between the f4i gold and the dual core?

The name.

The .com.cn dual-core is almost half the price. It doesn't have RTS though. Other than that they are effectively the same.

Flash this then tell me if you got the original logo
filetrip.net/dl?yF8KWNNxsk

>dual-core

Doesn't these suck up the battery for no reason though?

As the name would suggest it probably has an embedded processor like the DSTwo does, that makes shit like real-time saving, video playing and emulation possible.
That's why it's using up more battery, it's drawing more power.

As I recall, the processor in the DSTwo is on par with the Dingoo A320, or at least the same family of Ingenic processors.

What is RTS? and right now they both are the same price since the r4i gold is on sale. Should I just grab the R4i since its on sale and should I grab a SD card for it as well?

It's just a marketing term. Maybe the ones that support RTS do sap power though.

Real time saving.. I'm retarded.

hit me up with that theme famygdala, the colours look nice

was meant for RTS is save-states. Get the gold if they are the same price

So, I've have been sitting on an emuNAND luma 3Ds for the past like 7 months and have been content. What benefits would doing a9lh do me?
If I were to try and install a9lh, what section of the 3ds guide do I start on because I used a different guide to set up emuNAND?

I'm also pretty incompetent.

send help

So can I play these DS games off my internal SD card with this cart or does this plug in to the cart itself or something? Do I need to grab another SD card?

3dsthem.es/7295

Literally the only result when you search "jirachi kirby"

DS flashcards contain a micro SD card slot. You put the card firmware and your roms on there.

Start at step 1 and just do it.

100% boot rate, trust me its worth it. When I did it I started from the 9.2 downgrade part since you are just doing it on your Sysnand which should be at 9.2. Make sure you follow the guide that is right for your 3ds though.

I'm going to guess the 2GB is enough to have a couple DS games?

Once you install A9LH and start using your SysNAND instead, you'll enjoy far more stable booting of the console and software, more space on your SD card, easy to install DSiWare and GBA games, access to tools that you can run on-boot before loading the 3DS firmware.
You'll get full control of your system and as long as you don't mishandle the A9LH installation, you'll be able to recover from any brick by using a NAND backup.

A few. Early games average 32MB but by the end of life they're like 256MB. I'd say 8GB is comfortable.

Same but on a gateway blue cart

gateway blue card
is there any way to change it?

Any format the microSd needs? I have a left over SDHC 8gb one from sandisk.

Tick decrypt you fucking numpty.
No need to redownload it all just don't move anything and redownload it.

FAT32 like always

Needs to be micro SDHC formatted to FAT32 if over 2GB

I want to get custom CFW in my niece o3ds. Mine is already has arm9/luma3ds etc, but they are different regions (mine is EU, hers is USA). And hers in on 11.0.

What can I do here? Just wait and see if downgrade becomes possible for 11.0?

do a system transfer

Downgrade is possible if her 11.0 O3DS happens to have one of four known DSiWare titles on it, but that's very unlikely unless she downloaded Four Swords ages ago.

Otherwise, try waiting until December 27th's 33c3 hacking convention, something might be revealed.

You can't do a system transfer between two 3DS systems of different regions.
I don't know if it would even work if you changed the region of your A9LH'd 3DS to match the system you want to downgrade, I discussed this on GBATemp yesterday and apparently you would just brick if you tried.

Thanks.

And just to double check this is the one I want right? I just followed the links earlier to this one.

oh shit i didn't know, sorry about that

wew

>Implying he knows shit

i imagine he would hes a part of the dev team

guess it deleted my link. Its just the R4i Gold for 3ds.

bump

He doesn't work on nds-bootstrap at all. That's ahezard, shutterbug and Apache Thunder.

adrenaline lets you play psp games on vita right?

yas

It wouldn't be a very good PSP CFW if it didn't.

He works on the TWLoader frontend, he still has a lot of knowledge about nds-bootstrap's workings.

no it bricks your Vita and leaks mustard gas when you enter recover mode

How can I get the retroarch PCSX ReARMed thing to work on the Vita?

Every time I try to load a game it says I'm missing a core and every tutorial I've looked at doesn't explain what exactly it is I need to do.

I'm using the 12/25 Nightly build of it if that counts for anything.

i mean he's literally in a discord with the rest of the people you mentioned working on it so i'm gonna have to say that youre wrong

got proof? It'd be easier to settle this if you did

>I can configure a program's ini file
>Therefore I know exactly how it works under the hood

gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-162#post-6934180

neat

show me, senpai

do you know where I can get the games?

>mfw 33c3 happens and nothing useful gets revealed

good, doesn't affect like 90% of the people

So is this a good one to buy?

That's doubtful, have you read the seminar description?

>This talk will give a unique insight of what happens when consoles have been hacked already, but not all secrets are busted yet.
>This time we will not only focus on the Nintendo 3DS but also on the Wii U, talking about our experiences wrapping up the end of an era.
>We will show how we managed to exploit them in novel ways and discuss why we think that Nintendo has lost the game.

>As Nintendo's latest game consoles, the 3DS and Wii U were built with security in mind.
>While both have since been the targets of many successful attacks, certain aspects have so far remained uncompromised, including critical hardware secrets.
>During this talk, we will present our latest research, which includes exploits for achieving persistent code execution capabilities and the extraction of secrets from both Wii U and 3DS.

>Basic knowledge of embedded systems, CPU architectures and cryptography is recommended, though we will do our best to make this talk accessible and enjoyable to all.
>We also recommend watching the recording of last year's C3 talk called "Console Hacking - Breaking the 3DS".

This is the previous recording in question, which is what blessed us with A9LH.
youtube.com/watch?v=UutYOidFx3c

yes, r4ids.cn is the good one

just wait until christmas

No, show me instead

>9115 in stock

>implying pippa funnel isn't the tightest shit

They are still useful for DS systems