Is Ukraine Russian or Polish land?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Poland_and_Soviet_Ukraine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia
books.google.pl/books?id=jPdWAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Die theilung Polens in den jahren 1773&hl=pl&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hungarian

Cossacks were a warrior class in eastern Poland, consisting mostly out of Ruthenians, followed by Poles and Lithuanians, but also Scots, Dutch and Russians (migrants in Poland).
Chmielnicki was a Polish noble (from his fathers side) and a hetman, he went to Ukraine*, Cossackified himself and became a rebel.
Many people that traveled to the Dzikie Pola (Wild Fields) were outcasts or bandits from all over the PLC running away form the law because that part of Poland was the least settled and patrolled due to constant Tatar raids.

Ukraina: U+kraina - U kresu krainy - U krańcu krainy Korony Królestwa Polskiego, Rzeczypospolitej Obojga Narodów.
Ukraine: At+borderland - At the borderland of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

Ukrainians were polonised Russians. And their "nationality" was created by German-speaking countries that wanted to puppet them for their resources and as a finger to both Russia and Poland.

R I G H T F U L

P O L I S H

C L A Y

This makes me want to start a new EU4 campaign..

>Kievian Rus
>Rus

That wasn't so hard, was it?

It belongs to the mighty Scythians

it belongs to the Ruthenian's who've been living there since the Kievan rus

/thread

Lithuanian.

>Is Ukraine Russian or Polish land?
I asked your question to some OG Ukrainian Cossacks.

They just started laughing their asses off.

I would advise NOT telling them to their faces that their land belongs to Russia or Poland unless you're really fucking sick of being alive.

Pic related.

Forgot pic!

Kiev, the capital of "Ukraine" got its city rights from Polish king in 1492.

turk

and?

Just shows that there was no Ukrainian nation whatsoever.

Majority of stuff was build by Poles, Russians and later by Austrians.

.. seems like it just shows that the area was held by different regional powers over the ages

are you maybe confusing lack of national government as lack of a nation? Do nations need to never be occupied to be recognized as nations by you? Are Belorussians a nation? Kurds? Tatars?

There is no such thing as rightful polish land.
Third partition best day of my life.

The Western part is Polish, the Eastern is Russian.

Kiev and central Ukraine stand somewhere in the middle.

t.

So I guess Russia is Ukrainian, not the other way around.

the western part is completely not polish since Stalin deported every Pole across the border

>Majority of stuff was build by Poles, Russians and later by Austrians.
What is this "build by" meme?

its literally worse than >WE WUZ

>Stalin deported every Pole across the border
more like civilians got slaugthered by ukrainians

>more like civilians got slaugthered by ukrainians
It's really sad when someone is this ignorant of historical facts..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Poland_and_Soviet_Ukraine
>According to statistics, the Poles removed before spring 1945 from the villages in Ukraine amounted to 453,766 individuals (58% of the Polish total), while the city dwellers constituted 41.7% of the total, or 328,908 Poles.[3] The number of Ukrainians registered between October 1944 and September 1946 was 492,682. Of this total, 482,880 individuals were eventually relocated to the Ukrainian SSR

>It's really sad when someone is this ignorant of historical facts..
Indeed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia

>Stalin deported every Pole across the border
>civilians got slaughtered by Ukrainians

These aren't mutually exclusive, you know, they both happened.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia
>""""estimates"""" of 76,000 and 106,000

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Poland_and_Soviet_Ukraine
>Statistics of 782'674 deported Poles

Are you just sitting somewhere completely ignoring the numbers and steaming with rage right now?

All I'm saying is that there are almost no Poles in west Ukraine anymore because at least half of the population was sent across the border, Wojciech Bartosz over there is telling me this is false because they all got killed by Ukrainians when in reality the latter was at least 7 times less significant than the former

>he thinks Ruś and Rosja are the same thing

It pre-dates them both so neither. As to which would administer it better, Poland.

Ukraine is still divided politicaly and culturally between "Russian" and "Western" factions. They call themselves pro-EU instead of pro-Poland, but it's the same divide that was there before the Nazis or Gommies.

>Ukraine predates Poland

>10th century is earlier than 8th century

Ruś isn't Ukraine though. It existed on simmilar territory, but that's just about it.
Ukraine was created by cossacs, quite some time later.

There are sources confirming that Poland was founded in 5th century

And modern Poland is not of the line of Piast either, so what? Kiev has been center of a slavic kingdom for longer than Poland has existed.

Citation very much needed.

It's not the line of Piast, but there have been continuous rulling over the same territory.
Ruś on the other hand has fallen apart into many small principalities, and then destroyed and conquered by mongols and tatars.
Then, somewhere in XVI century it became part of the Commonwealth, and later due to treachery of Chmielnicki that land was partitioned between Commonwealth and Russia.

Ukraine hasn't even existed as a country until very recently. The western part with Lwów, Tarnopol and so on is Polish. The eastern part was part of Russia since like XVI century.

>Citation very much needed.

books.google.pl/books?id=jPdWAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Die theilung Polens in den jahren 1773&hl=pl&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

^ page XXIII

Also, another chronicle. Teutonic. pic related

But Cossacks are not Ukrainians, they're Tatars. Ukrainians are a mix between Russians, Poles and Lithuanians. Cossacks have absolutely nothing to do with them.

By that "Logic" there is no longer a Poland because of the Nazi and Soviet occupations. Nationhood is born of the clay, not the lines on a map, Urainian has had a long period of weakness but it's back now.

low quality b8

>But Cossacks are not Ukrainians, they're Tatars

You are literally retarded. Cossacks are ultra-slavic, their whole early identity was built around removing tartar from the Ukraine.

Protoukrs are known to predate the Jurassic period.

Damn nigga you should get that parchment to a museum or something because you just BTFO of the previous record holing earliest reference to Poland, which is the 10th century.

(you)

It is objectively eastern germanic.

The Kievan Rus were Varangian norsemen from scandinavia who settled down in Gardariki (i.e. modern-day Ukraine).

They only lost their original germanic language due to the byzantine empire christianizing eastern europe by force, thus adopting the glagolithic "slavic" pidgin """language""" invented by the byzantine monk cyrill and his lackeys for church services.

This is also why european history didn't know about any "slavs" up until the pan-slavist scourge started rearing its ugly head at the end of the 19th century.

All of these are scientific and historical facts. Most ukrainians are east nordid.

>dat Polish masturbatory fantasy
Or, you know, they were just another ethnic group in the great pond of inter-related slavic ethnic groups.

Actually, that isn't masturbatory fantasy. The name "okraina" was used extensively in Polish official acts since 16th century. However it was often used in plural to denote all outlying provinces on border with Tatars and Muscowy.

This is actually the first known usage of the term that later evolved into the name of Ukraine.

daily reminder that Lower Silesia, Pomerania and East Prussia are rightful German clay.

You can keep the areas infected with Polish acne.

Yes, I know the etymology of the term Ukraine. I'm talking about your raining yogurt-slinging kielbasa fantasies that Poles were ancient euro-Altanteans or whatever. Invented the pyramids too, right?

Prussians were Germanised Poles.

Majority of them had surname ending with -ski. So you bitching about "polish acne" is you being uneducated.

Kill yourself you imbecile.

>German
>clay

>masturbatory fantasy
Where? Everything I said I can backup with wikipedia.

Butthurt hohol detected. You are a meme nation with no history and you know it. I hope Russia and Poland will partition you soon.

>It pre-dates them both so neither
>Rus is Ukraine
LMOA

meant for