[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Better edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

VOTE FOR THE NEXT SEM LOCATION (LAST DAY FOR VOTING 30/12/2016)
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

>1 post too early
Delet this thread and kill yourself

Am I cool

I took it home tonight!
Finaly mine
(sry for bad pic, shitty phone)

that looks like one hell of an engine for a dirtbike

sorry, meant for

disregard that, I suck cocks

>this is what all those people posting pictures of supermoto racers scraping bars actually corner like

post leans

in the end it doesn't matter what bike you ride
rossi will beat you on a 650cc scooter and a harley

400-450cc FI supermoto when?

right now

>inner tubes for tires

>what is tubliss
>what are wheel swaps

Daily reminder
Suzuki recipe for motorcycles
>underpowered
>overweight
>overpriced
When will they learn?

Why are sport bike and cruiser riders the most degenerate people?
>run in packs because beta bitches
>usually roodypoos or white trash
>break road laws constantly
>commit felonies constantly
>often have terrible tattoos
>ride like ass holes
>do anything for attention
>often into drugs
Why are these people attracted to these bikes?

Oooh.
I'm poorfag, but looks sick. Don't know if it's very procurable in the states either.

I just bought the one on the left /dbt/.

Did I do gud?

How do you lube your cables /dbt/

And what lube do you use

did ok. get a new rotor and start stripping weight off that bitch.

i squirt motor oil down the line with a syringe

kinda undersized engine and wrong wheels but not bad

Yea, want to get started on that but first have some upkeep things to handle. Just ordered pics related.
Goind +4 in the rear sprocket, got a pair of the best supwermoto tires you can get and I ordered some OEM parts to fix stuff that's a little fucked.

When I get all the parts I'm going to take the wheels apart, have the rims trued, and rebuild with all new hardware then have the tires mounted.

The rotor is the least of my concerns right now. it stops fine and thats what matters to me.

After all that I'm probably going to get an undertail. It came with a GYTR exhaust and power commander.

>best supwermoto tires you can get
no.

Makes about the same power as a DRZ400 and is a much more modern fuel injected motor. Less torque at low rpm but plenty for my purposes.

Has a MUCH better frame and suspension than a DRZ by far and has a 6th speed and can cruise on the freeway easily without compromised gearing. Overall a much better bike than the DRZ.

And the DRZ is really the only other alternative without resorting to a shit maintenance interval and shit reliability.

>shit tread for anything but smooth roads
>shit life

Nope.

If I wanted a straight street performance tire the Battleaxe S21 is better anyway.

>power
it makes -10hp than the drz both stock.
>frame suspension
sure
>6th gear
ppls say 5th gear results are about the same as the wr in 6th due to the power difference

>it makes -10hp than the drz both stock
WR is 29hp stock, DRZ is 34hp stock.

>ppls say 5th gear results are about the same as the wr in 6th due to the power difference
Gear a DRZ so it's not shit on the dirt and it's tached out at 80mph. Gear a DRZ for the street and it's absolute shit on the dirt with too-tall first and 2nd gears.

Add on to that the DRZ motor is a rattletrap at freeway speeds even when geared for the street and the DRZ is overall much worse in the gearing department for mixed riding than the WR's smooth balanced motor and tall 6th gear.

Then add in that the suspension and frame (which are easily half of the equation) are lightyears better than the DRZ and the choice is pretty simple.

Plus a piped, opened, and tuned up WR will put out ~35-40hp and it loves to rev and its a pretty easy choice.

If you want to just cruise at 50mph to the trails on your trail geared DRZ and want the extra torque it has, go for it. But the WR is a much better mixed use highway/trail/fuckaround bike.

why do the wheels look the wrong size?

they at 17" supermoto wheels. Smaller than the standard 21" and 18" dirt wheels that would otherwise come on it.

Also the guy had a too-small front tire on it. Should have a 120/70-17 but he put a 12/60/17 on it.

Will be corrected this weekend with the above pictured Avons

Nice little girl bike in the garage.

>wrong wheels

bruh, do you even supermoto?

Guys i have a second XL185S
I turned the first one into a brat bike.
What do i do with this one? Bobber?

can we let the meme die? it makes significantly less power, and no i dont like the DRZ either

do i even ruin the handling of my bikes?
no i keep them functional

If I found that in my front yard I would sell it to the mexican down the street that collects scrap metal.

full resto and then vintage mx race it

>significantly less power
No, it makes right about 5hp less stock. And is significantly better in every other way.

>ruin the handling
This is how you can tell you've never ridden a supermoto. Those bikes handle better than most 600's in the twisties.

Put the right tires on them and they are still somewhat decent offroad too. Great fuck around bikes around town. Much better and more capable in every way than a Grom.

I suppose you could. Its more fun to ride it. Though.
Thats too easy. All it needs is paint and some cleaning.

Who LED here?

>meme

No, really. They make right around the same amount of power stock, the WR is down about 5hp or less.

And the WR250 is fuel injected, has a 6 speed transmission, is balanced so it doesn't rattle you to death at speed, and the aformentioned frame/suspension advantages.

You must not be very good at calculus.
DRZ absolutely shits on the WR straight line performance wise.

Not him but.
>straight line
The DRZ is a turd. Free mods on the WR and its faster than a DRZ.

5hp in that bracket is a solid power loss. what is that a 15-18% lower output?

ive ridden SM bikes, i dont like them. 18/21 is where its at.

yo

Stock, probably. because the WR is geared stupid high from the factory.

Gear both bikes for the same top speed and the WR has a huge gearing advantage in the lower gears and stomps all over the DRZ in acceleration.

Gear the DRZ to be comparable in acceleration to the geared WR and you loose any and all ability to maintain highway speeds without redlining the bike to shit.

>not stock, doesn't matter.
Fair enough. but most people are going to gear both bikes pretty much right when they get them so it is a valid real-world comparison.

What you lose in power compared to a DRZ with a WR you more than gain in ease of use/reliability from fuel injection and a more modern motor, highway capable streetablilty due to a tall 6th gear and smooth motor, and in handling due to the substantially better frame and suspension.

Offroad on 21/18's the WR absolutely decimates the DRZ similarly equipped.
On road in the twisties on 17/17's the WR absolutely decimates the DRZ similarly equipped.

Straight line when both bikes are geared for the same top speed, the WR walks the DRZ.

And it starts up first press of the button every time with no fiddling with the carb for altitude or any other bullshit. And the WR has 26,000 mile valve check intervals.

Stahp.
Youre making me want to sell my WR450

why are you arguing with me? i dont like the DRZ and i just dont give a shit about the WR.
you try to argue power but the DRZ makes more and weighs less
the WR has better ergos and suspension
wr400/426/450 is miles better despite the 5 speed box

DRZ doesnt weigh less...

WR450's are awesome bikes offroad.

But for the street the valve adjustment intervals and oil changes are terrifying if you plan on putting any significant amount of miles on one.

That and it's near impossible to get one plated here in CA.

Really the only option for a reliable and easy to maintain DS or SM is between the DRZ and the WR250. And I think the WR takes it easily for the above mentioned reasons.*

*This is ignoring the 690 Enduro/690 SMC intentionally because of the astronomical price difference and their known reliability/quality/cost of upkeep issues.

I street my wr450.
But its not enough to worry about stuff. Maybe 1000 miles a year

tfw you will never live in tokyo in the 80's driving a city turbo II with the accompanying motocompo

Bruh

>why are you arguing with me? i dont like the DRZ and i just dont give a shit about the WR.
Because you are discussing motorcycles and this is a motorcyle thread.
If you don't want to discuss motorcycles stop maintaining a motorcycle related discussion.

>you try to argue power but the DRZ makes more and weighs less
I said the WR makes a similar amount of power, which it does.
I said the DRZ's power advantage does not make up for the significant advantages the WR has in engine smoothness, having a 6th gear, having a much better frame, having better suspension, maintenance intervals, etc.

>the WR has better ergos and suspension
The WR is more capable off road and on road. It is better a highway speeds. It handles better on road and off road. Geared for the same speed as a DRZ it is faster.

>wr400/426/450 is miles better despite the 5 speed box
Better offroad and better in straight line acceleration. Yes.
MUCH worse maintenance schedule.
MUCH worse at highway speeds
Doesn't come plated or even equipped to be plated thus not even in the same category as the other two discussed bikes.

just fuck my shit up senpai

finding one is hard enough in Japan let alone here in Canada

I saw one on ebay for $6000usd the other day

I don't understand.

Help me understand.

Once you understand. There is no turning back.

Most of that is untrue.

No not really.
The DRZ is a pigfat slow turd.

WR4xx handles better at all speeds, is much lighter, faster, handles 10x better and so on.
if you're too much of a bitch to plate a bike then stick with your 250 shitbike
if maint intervals are a concern to you get a goddamn shitbox car

No, it's not.

Literally the only advantage a DRZ400 has over a WR250 is less than 5 horsepower.

It is better in every simgle way other than stock engine output.
And even then, similarly geared the WR is faster.

it's a tiny motorcycle that fits in your trunk and is light enough to strap on your back

what's not to like

>$6000 USD

I wonder if somebody makes lookalikes for cheaper

>motorcycle
KEK
nice try
it's a scooty

semantics, my point remains

Nope. Sorry. You could build one though.

>WR4xx
Not the same class of bike. Irrelevant. Comparing a dedicated offroad enduro to a street legal dualsport is retarded. not to mention in many places you can't get a WR4xx plated without jumping through stupid amounts of hoops.

A CR500AF handles better at all speeds, is much lighter, faster, handles 10x better, and so on than a WR4xx

Your point is irrelevant.

>if maint intervals are a concern to you get a goddamn shitbox car
10-15 hour oil changes on a street bike are a concern for anyone that's not a moron. Try harder.

What do you think would be the total cost to build one?

Idk Mang. Looks simple though.

$6000.99

Frame looks simple but I would have to find a 50cc engine and drivetrain that fit exactly

you seem pretty set on defending this overweight 250.
what leads you to believe the cr500af would be better? the near uncontrollable power? the incredibly narrow gearing?
comparing a 400 class carbd 15 year old bike to a 250 FI half its age is pretty retarded too.
the WR250 got a 6 speed because the babby engine cant handle the jumps of a 5speed like the dr650 without falling out of the power curve

5HP is a lot when dealing with such small dumbers

Or just modify the frame to make it fit?

I wonder if that new ktm parallel twin will have a 315 degree crank

Search homemade mini bike.
Awesome easy stuff

>you seem pretty set on defending this overweight 250.
>overweight
WR250 is one of the lightest if not the lightest street legal, street capable dualsports out there.
Try again.

>what leads you to believe the cr500af would be better?
CR500AR is a high dollar race bike built from the ground up. The WR4xx is a mass market enduro choked up from the factory.

>comparing a 400 class carbd 15 year old bike to a 250 FI half its age is pretty retarded too.
DRZ4000's are still sold new on the showroom floor and have been sold since the WR250 came out.
It is not unfair to compare two bikes that fill the same market segment that are sold concurrently. It's Suzuki's fault that they haven't updated the DRZ to be competitive with the WR. I would love them to too. But they seem content to keep peddling the same carbed, shit suspension, pig year after year.

>the WR250 got a 6 speed because the babby engine cant handle the jumps of a 5speed like the dr650 without falling out of the power curve
WR250 has wider gear range than the larger displacement DRZ400. Your point is invalid.

>DR650
Talk about pigfat and antiquated.
>air cooled
>carbed
>shit frame
>shit suspension
>chain roller denigrates on the reg.
>80's bike that they still sell for some reason.

I bet you're going to try to tell me how awesome the XR650L is now too.

adv pulse reported itll have a 270 like the AT does

It's not when the WR is actually faster than the DRZ when geared for the same speed.

Motorbicycle

nah, you have your head too far up your own ass to bother.
the cr500AF is a race bike and thus is incredibly poorly suited to anything outside of the track or sand.
and id take a dr650 over the wr250 any day, in fact i already have one and take it just as many places as the other smaller bikes end up.
and the crf230L is about 30lbs lighter

and i dont know why you keep going back to the DRZ for comparison, im not defending it.

more like hipster cuck shit.

Ah the truth comes out.
He rides an ancient pile of shit thus he thinks all antiquated piles of shit are better than their modern, more capable equivelents.

Have fun shaking yourself to death on that DR bro. I bet it's a whole lot of fun trying to maintain highway speeds with gearing meant for offroading or trying to be comeptent offroad with gearing meant for the highway.

Also, let me know when that suspension and frame isn't absolutely fucking terrible. i.e. never.

kek

p.s. you should have gotten an XRR retard.

Lol insecure faggot mad that he isnt cool enough to ride a bicycle with an engine

i have an XRR too.

kek
have fun kicking, cuck

>you should have gotten an XRR retard
Ayy

>crf230l
>14hp
Kek
My old XL185 has more than that

>need to move bike
>new apartment is 7 miles away
>snow everywhere
>tow company wants $100 to move bike

wat do?

Lol, mini bikes are dope you retard. Any bike is a cool bike.

If you weren't so much of a NOBIKE RETARD CAGER, you would understand.

>being a poor cuck that cant afford a real name brand motorcycle and a proper full face helmet