Tom Clancy's The Division General /divg/

Finally Alive (?) Edition

I will post this general everyday until you like it

>Update 1.5 patch notes
tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/news/152-275402-16/the-division-update-15-survival-patch-notes

>Twitter/Forum
twitter.com/TheDivisionGame
forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498-The-Division?s=05301fb84bc812f6898090faf8670414

>Best guide is best
docs.google.com/document/d/1g6wkNuXw0VJiymTqa79Yze7iJPNjMi35zerzd31fN6M/edit#

>Wiki is dead but we have this
divisionfieldguide.com

We have a Discord: discord.gg/mG7Sjcu

Last Wave:

I've been curious about this game for a long time, but I've heard bad things about the endgame.

How different would you say the game is now compared to Launch?

Oh shit are we finally back bois?

A lot.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRqAFrMsA3Q&t

it's actually fun now compared to release day.

the endgame isn't even bad. You have incursions, survivals, underground, the dark zone, and a fuckton of things to do after the main story is beaten.

the world level thing alone is probably the best addition. now you have a reason to dick around the entire city instead of strictly in LMB endgame town

So basically the same as Rainbow 6 Siege where it was kind of a dumpster fire, until a patch rectified most of the problems and showed the game's true potential.

Thanks agents, I'll be make sure to get this game on sale for boxing week.

Exactly.

I bought it 4 days ago and I really like it. It still is a ubishit title, so I has many bugs and my game keeps randomly crashing, but I can live with it.

I hope the endgame is fun too.

what's your gpu?

a gtx 1060

so basically a reskinned 980 model

And your point is?

game has had an issue with 900 series since release.

Now if we take the fact into consideration that the 1060 isn't a reskinned 980 this conversation did lead nowhere.

>being in denial this much

When should I do the Underground DLC? Is it worth running it?

When you hit 30 and at WT 5

its an endless repeatable farm dungeon that changes everytime you do it

You should do it if you want to farm PVE

Is this game actually good?

leveling? No. Max level content? Yeah kinda.

Imagine borderlands in new york city

Is The Divisions's gunplay really that bad?

I am new just got to 170ish ilvl and I was wondering what w5 means? Also I just have the base game for now but I will be buying the dlc later, but my main way of gearing is dark zone and daily world quests. Is this the fastest way for someone with the vanilla game? Also I am running flame turret and the mine that splits into a million mines, this sound alright?

Imagine borderlands in new york city with good gunplay

open map, hold G, WT is World Tier, which means higher the WT stronger the enemeis and better the loot.

Spamming missions is faster i think. Just spam the fastest daily missions for fast loot.

DZ is broken as shit right now, also filled wiith fun-hating ganksquads.

Skills are build dependent most of the time, so if you don't have a build, just use the ones that do most damage or most heal.

Oh, I am at work so I am probably just on the normal baby tier. It would also help to do more missions because each of my wigs still need the 1000 point unlock. Thanks for all the help, hope to run into you guys out there one day;)

You can't get supplies from missions more than once

Farm those events on the map boiiii

and no memes

Yeah there is a Lack of memes indeed

I have a better version of AMD's 7870, an FX-4350 and 8GB of RAM.
Game runs fine in mostly low settings, in 1920*1080.
Framerate does drop down a bit at times, but it doesn't go far and doesn't feel choppy when it does.

It's not good gunplay, it's just not the worst.

I just started playing at the free weekend

aiming for alpha bridge ak-47/74 build
what I am in for?

also, what's the best place to farm alpha bridge pieces solo?

anywhere. everything is based on an rng system. random red health dudes can drop them as much as other dudes can.

A good place to start is Lexington event center. once you're bored of that, or develop a set that fits your play style, you can move on to incursions and farm those. Turn your credits into phoenix credits every so often with the basic caches sold by vendors then roll those. Then use the phoenix creds to buy things from the underground vendors.

thank's senpai

>anywhere. everything is based on an rng system. random red health dudes can drop them as much as other dudes can.
Not even weighted to make tougher enemies more likely to drop better stuff? You're literally better off spending 5 minutes killing two dozens reds than spend 5 killing three yellows?

yellow dudes drop more items and have a "higher chance" of dropping things. More often than not it's junk. It's kind of like raffle tickets. A red dude gives you 1 ticket. where as a gold dude gives you three tickets.

Is this game any good?
Played the free weekend and reached lvl 26 and went through almost everything. Kinda ok...but getting repetitive. I like the DZ.
Should i buy it?
Is there an endgame? Is it good? Or you just loot till best in slot and die?

Is this game any good?
yes
Is there an endgame?
yes. it involves you shooting dudes until they die.
Is it good?
It's kinda like a more fun less bullet spongy borderlands. The best loot in the game is hard to come by, and is entirely up to opinion because of varying play styles.

Ok 17 euros its not much..but. Do i need DlCs?

Buy gold.
Season pass will give you all the content DLCs and an outfit pack.

Anyone else having connection issues on PS4? Was playing fine a bit ago and now getting Mike/Delta errors. Kicked me out of my third Survival Run

Holy fucking how much did you nolife it?

Newfag here, So what's the best way to make this shit less shitty? Should just keep dumping my credits into caches at the vendor? What should I do with the Phoenix credits? Safe and hope for something good? Or should I straight up buy the cheaper set cache and hope to complete my first set? What's the best way to get lots of PC? Or rather: What's the best way for me to grind some decent loot now?

>no mods in any of the armor
>barely any in the guns

Run normal underground/HVTs/Daily caches and for fucks sake mod your shit.

I'd say start farming some UG senpai. You should look up some build playstyle, find the one that seems fun and look for those pieces first (do not trash good-rolled pieces of other sets, they might always come in handy if you wanna switch build). Keep your flamingo florins to reroll weapons at first, once you find a decent one.

>Enter dark zone.
>Just the bullet spongiest enemies short of bosses.
Is there ever any kind of skill involved in this game?

If you can get headshots then only bosses are bullet sponges.

>ID badges must be worn at all times
>don't have on
dropped

I would if guns shot straight. It's not exactly my idea of fun to see bullets miss an unmoving head from 10 meters away just because it's an smg.
And yes, even when they're close enough to get it all in the face, still sponges. Sponges too with a marksman rifle and its fancy headshot damage bonus.

So from looking at videos Alpha Bridge builds are the current hotness along with LVAOs?

Also how my PS4 bros liking survival? I find it to be extremely fun and a nice break from the underground/HVT/Daily grind

Yeah, I forgot that the mods are not a consumable in the traditional sense. This is how it looks now after one round of survival.

thanks will try that.

Your overall stat sheet damage and Toughness are in the ball park where they need to be. Electronics could probably stand to get a little more.

Now you are going to need to find a build and start getting the items you need for it. What talents are you using?

You're at the point of getting the gear you want/need for a build and fine tuning the rolls. Your phoenix credits, some say use them on gear, others say caches. I used mine on the vendor LVAO a few days ago and haven't used them since. Run 4 man UG to get gear. Test a solo Lexington on hard to see how you fair as well. If you can survive (which stat sheet wise you should be able to) then keep farming Lexington as well.

Better.

But dont stack stamina, stack armor.

i have about 1k less stamina than yours and almost twice the toughness.

also look for builds, decide which one you want to run, and gear towards it, dont drop gear and decide what to based on your items.

a good armor item usually have armor as major and enemy armor damage/damage to elites as minor attribute

>armor, not stamina
Is that valid below lvl30 too?

Thanks. RIght now I'm using the booster shot heal, flame turret and recovery link. I used to have a bunch of ability power at tier 4 but since I got the higher gear it kinda dwindled.
for talents I'm using: Triage, Combat Medic, Strike Back and Precision.
Combat Medic and Precision are the only ones I really enjoy, the others are mainly to fill the slots. I considered wildfire for the turret, but decided against it because often enemies seem to stand further apart unless it's a small building or underground map.

I have no idea what kind of build I should go for honestly, so right now I'm gearing mostly towards more damage.

thanks for the tips.

below level 30 you keep your gear for maybe an hour. go for what you get and move on.

go nuts below level 30

even below WT5

Meta works when you are in WT5, anything else is just more DPS = faster you can reach endgame

Don't gear just for damage. You won't survive long. Honestly go look at the set pieces or find a build. Don't waste talents "just to fill the slots". Talents are seriously amazing in this game, like one is none, or the suppressed = more damage talent (cant remember the name)

not seeing any of the search and destroy shits on the map screen

help

Once you're 30 the search and destroy objectives can be found at the safehouses in each section of the map. The intel directives max out at 99 and the HVT Daily/Weekly are in the security wing of BoO.

Just go to the situation board in a safehouse and it will give you a S&D objective for that zone.

I did but nothing popped up. I saw them on the map when I was in the dark zone, but as soon as I went to a safehouse, I got nothing.

The situation board didn't give one? Look at the map for the light blue icons?

Turns out the one I went to, hadn't finished all the side missions on it. Christ I'm retarded.

Why solo lexington? Is there any downside to playing with other people? Surely mowing down faster with 4 should give you faster runs and therefore more loot right?

It's up to you really. I'm strong enough to solo through it rather quickly

No I just wondered if there is any advantage to doing it solo vs just putting it on challenging and throwing yourself into matchmaking?

there's always an advantage in doing it with other people, more firepower, you can get each other up, generic team support stuff

Challenging will give you more rewards but you're risking being with shitters and those expecting to be carried

>Items from the Dark Zone need to be decontaminated before use
>Items from Contaminated Zones can be used no problem, including clothing and food
>Items from the Dark Zone must be extracted via helicopter to be decontaminated
>Items from the Dark Zone cannot be decontaminated at checkpoints
>Either the player does not need to be decontaminated, or Dark Zone checkpoints lack the technology to decontaminate the people moving through them

What did JTF mean by this?

Any ps4 players up for ug, weekly hvts, or farming missions?

Hmmmm that's some tasty clipping there Division.

hes just fishing for some snack

3some seeker mines or flame turret?

Wait so the HvT work as follows:
>you go to the boards around the city and they tell you to fuck some shit up
>you then get tokens as a reward
>you then use these tokens to get send on a timed daily or weekly kill mission

did I get thar right? how difficult are the hardest ones?

You have that correct. The weekly hvts give the better rewards and unless you can solo challenge mode content you will need a group for the hardest

Yes.

You can pretty much solo all the Dailies but most weeklies are hard to solo.

If I search for a group does everyone need to take the mission or just the leader like in UG?

Is there a way to buy a whole bunch of those? Or am I supposed to spam space a bit?

anyone wanna do some content on pc?

What's the best skills to use when your team mates are constantly dying and you are the only guy using medical skills?

I played int he free weekend and I think the gunplay is pretty good
But it's a third person shooter that moves like a first person shooter and that's kinda awkward

Yeah i wanna skip all the fucking levelling. Keep going back to Path of Exile for grinding joy because the levelling process is fucking tedious

i-i was talking about end game content

You can end my game by killing me

pros only do not attempt

just the leader

spam or bust

revive first aid. its not a 100% but it can save the fight.

also the medbox with revive mod

got killed by some fucking sad hacker squad

what the fuck man, let me enjoy the game, come at me without hacks you sad, sad man

no one cares. this game has had hackers since beta.

yeah but how the fuck haven't ubisoft done anything about it, siege has battle-eye on it and there's rarely any hackers

>thread isn't already dead at this point
Sweet

because siege is a multiplayer focused 'competitive' game. DZ is just an afterthought in a mostly co-op game.

just report, move on, and deal with it, you don't even need to go to the DZ for the best loot anymore.

To an extent you don't. Some guns are still nice to have that are DZ only drops

First aid station with revive. First aid with over doze and recovery link (side note it's amazing for solo play since recovery link now gives you an auto revive). Look at talents like combat medic, battle buddy and such for maximum healing/support.

>ak-47 finally drops
>it's classic ak with kinda shit rolls
>meanwhile got like 10 all kinds of m4 drops
is it too much to ask for a nice cyka gun?

is the vector still godlike or nah

Nah. Smg been taking slight hits. LVAO is king of the Hill right now, besides sniper rifles.

is there a guide on modding guns

Here's your guide. This applies to everything except magazines.

Does it increase your DPS? If yes equip, if no then don't bother.
For magazines does it increase your ammo per magazine AND DPS? If yes then equip, if it increases ammo but not DPS then equip until you get one that does both.

It's that simple. It's not uncommon to find LMGs with 200+ magazines and ARs pushing the 100 per mag.

I exclusively used ammo extender magazines. Quick release and heavy spring were hot back in the day but changes to stats make them undesirable now a days.

>sniper moves to aim out of cover
>shoots you a quarter of the way through the animation

nani

Who /ps4/ here